Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Pierre 18-04-2021 19:05

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36077174)
They decided to place Far From Home at the end of Phase 3 because although it comes right after Endgame, it deals with Peter Parker’s grief over losing Tony Stark, who had become a mentor to him. So in a sense it’s carrying the implications of Endgame to their conclusion.

I’ve not actually got round to seeing it yet though ... annoyingly because of the rights mash up with Sony, Marvel-Disney can make the films but they can’t include them on Disney+.

Oh, I didn’t know that.

adzii_nufc 26-04-2021 22:00

Mortal Kombat (2021)

6/10

If you can look past the dull lead character there's a welcome return to the source material in there. Hard to ignore that it was written with sequels in mind but the OTT gore and video game like deaths are fun.

General Maximus 26-04-2021 22:14

Lol. I am half way through it as we speak and have just stopped because i am struggling to stay awake. I'll finish it tomorrow.

Cobbydaler 26-04-2021 22:15

Nomadland, 3/10 mind numbingly boring.

General Maximus 27-04-2021 08:45

Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress

Damien 27-04-2021 09:35

I am waiting for it to hit Disney+. It does seem like the kind of slow-burning film that I'll not enjoy too much but who knows, sometimes those films stick with you long afterwards.

Paul 27-04-2021 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36078076)
Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress

So definitely mind numingly boring then.

Jaymoss 27-04-2021 20:35

Palm Springs

Modern Groundhog day. Enjoyed it

General Maximus 27-04-2021 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 36078049)
Mortal Kombat (2021)

6/10

I agree. I was going to give it 5/10 but it got the extra point for Hiroyuki Sanada being in it. He has a fantastic on screen presence, was fantastic in The Last Samurai and Lost and was awesome in this as well.

They had a good stab at the film but the thing which let it down was weak characters and story. If it has been a 3 hour film I think it would have been better. I can't believe how easily all the bad guys went down at the end. That never happens, it is always the good guys who get their asses handed to them.

General Maximus 11-05-2021 11:34

Coming 2 America: 5/10 (nostalgia factor: 10/10)

Excellent production quality, I loved all the singing, dancing and costumes. The problem is that it just wasn't funny and I don't know whether it is because it is a bad comedy or because I don't find comedies in general funny. The one thing which really does tickle me and makes me laugh is when they start talking about McDonalds and McDowells.
I loved how they got every single one of the old cast back, it adds to the realism factor by keeping the characters you know alive in the already familiar universe.

Hugh 11-05-2021 12:06

Baby Driver - forgotten what a fun film this was.

Damien 24-05-2021 10:24

Nomandland 7.5/10 - It is a slow film and I would NOT have had patience with it had I watched it at home. But I really liked it. It's a good looking film and I think after giving it that time you end up investing in her story and where it'll end up, it actually gives you a bit of tension towards the end wondering what she is doing. I found out a lot of the Nomads weren't actors but were playing versions of themselves so the Director deserves even more credit. The scene where she talks with Bob and he mentions the loss of his son is that guy's real story and apparently that scene was the first time he had talked publically about it.

General Maximus 24-05-2021 10:32

but should it be classed as documentary or a multi-Oscar winning Hollywood movie?

Jimmy-J 24-05-2021 12:43

Life - Not bad, the ending was somewhat predictable.

Damien 24-05-2021 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36080547)
but should it be classed as documentary or a multi-Oscar winning Hollywood movie?

Well, it isn't a Documentary. Fern is fictional and the 'real life' people are sometimes playing slightly altered versions of themselves, i.e the women with brain cancer doesn't really have it.

I think it certainly deserved Best Actor, Best Cinematography and Best Director. Best film? Debatable. But it's not undeserving.

Also as I was saying the Bob guy is real and really does have a YouTube channel helping Nomads. Here is that channel with a video of him talking of the film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YDYvl0fRxQ