Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Relieving COVID-19 lockdown boredom (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708957)

Hom3r 26-04-2020 20:02

Relieving COVID-19 lockdown boredom

Ok what are people doing to stop going stir crazy, during the lockdown?

I'm doing odd jobs around the house, playing catch up on my TiVo and DVD/Blu-Ray collection.

As a family my Dad, myself, sister and her family are going to do a Skype quiz night on Wednesday.

----

What about putting simple food recipies, like Jamie Olivier has done.

As I need a quick and simple recipe for Pork Belly Slices.

denphone 26-04-2020 20:14

Re: Relieving COVID-19 lockdown boredom

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36032738)

I'm doing odd jobs around the house, playing catch up on my TiVo and DVD/Blu-Ray collection.

As a family my Dad, myself, sister and her family are going to do a Skype quiz night on Wednesday.

----

As I need a quick and simple recipe for Pork Belly Slices.

Not really getting bored to be honest as there are plenty of interests to keep me busy.

Reading , watching some films and TV series , Video messaging quite a bit with family and friends , Gaming , etc , etc.

It will be nice when some live sport comes back though on TV whenever its safe to do so.

2 simple recipes here Hom3r for Pork Belly Slices.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/pork-belly-slices

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...barbecue-sauce

nomadking 26-04-2020 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36032738)

----

As I need a quick and simple recipe for Pork Belly Slices

Heard of search engines? 161m articles for cooking pork belly on Google.

Taf 26-04-2020 20:37

I have been doing odd repairs and cleaning tasks in the home and garden. The missus is convalescing with a broken arm, and are twins are on the internet more than they are off it.

I have to collect prescriptions and some food about every 10 days so far. No problems with stock or queues.

Thankfully I stocked up on booze before the introduction of Minimum Unit Pricing for alcohol here in Wales. Most of what I normally drink is now at stupidly high prices. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

pip08456 26-04-2020 20:43

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36032744)

Don't forget the many US sites for investing in them.:D

Me, I'm on my own so continue with what I normally do at home. I have some friends on Twitter and Admin a website (http://uncovered.name/forum/portal.php]

I also assist on the BT and EE customer forums and design my own covers and labels. Here's my latest.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...0&d=1587930111

All in all I've enough to keep me busy.

Hugh 26-04-2020 21:09

I find it important to have a routine, so on the 4 days a week my wife works, I get up with her at 7am, and walk the dog for an hour at 7:30am (she gives him a second walk when she gets in from work around 4pm), and on the other 3 days we lay in until 8am, then as normal - I have set myself a rotation of tasks that need done weekly/fortnightly (such as cleaning rooms on a rota, window washing, gardening), so try to do one of those a day, to vary things.

I divide the rest of my day between some time on here, and I allow myself an hour or two a day just following interesting looking links on the web, two hours a day (or more) reading (news, fiction, magazine), general tidying up and cooking, and I deliver food from the local church/parish council to retired people who can't get out their houses, and have registered with the local RAFA branch to do some more voluntary work (nothing has come from that yet), and also just (I was sent some info from a ex-military FB page I follow) enrolled with Team Rubicon, an organisation for veterans to do volunteering in their local areas.

I manage to keep occupied, but occasionally just have a lazy day and watch some films.

jfman 26-04-2020 21:19

Sparring with Seph on here. :)

denphone 26-04-2020 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36032747)
I have been doing odd repairs and cleaning tasks in the home and garden. The missus is convalescing with a broken arm, and are twins are on the internet more than they are off it.

I have to collect prescriptions and some food about every 10 days so far. No problems with stock or queues.

Thankfully I stocked up on booze before the introduction of Minimum Unit Pricing for alcohol here in Wales. Most of what I normally drink is now at stupidly high prices. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Have you ever thought about getting your prescriptions delivered Taf?

Hom3r 26-04-2020 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36032744)

161m, that's why I'm asking here.

pip08456 26-04-2020 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36032755)
161m, that's why I'm asking here.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/videos/t...ast-pork-belly

Carth 26-04-2020 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36032753)
Sparring with Seph on here. :)

Well that's answered the questions about a sense of humour in another thread, in fact I'd probably give it 'post of the day' :D :D

Chris 27-04-2020 00:21

My university studies continue .... Zoom lectures two days a week, plus other occasional meetings. Term has been informally extended two weeks because everyone has now claimed their two weeks essay deadline extension for every outstanding assignment so the lecturers decided they might as well remain available and keep doing open door Zoom sessions. So I still have much reading and writing to do.

Paul 27-04-2020 03:40

No real bordom here.

I am working Monday to Friday, as normal (just from home instead of the office).

I do actually go outside more atm (i.e. for a walk every day before work).

I would normally go out once a week for a meal, which obviously I cannot do atm, so more meals at home (my BBQ has been busy these last few weeks !).

Other than that, my usual entertainment of Internet & TV.

Maggy 27-04-2020 08:50

Apart from missing the pub and my favourite cafe my days are pretty much the same being as I'm retired. A regular routine is the best way to cope. However my OH has to contend with less sport as well as no pub and as a consequence our garden has never looked so good.

jonbxx 27-04-2020 09:55

I worked from home before all this and work from home now so there's no major difference there!

I have really upped my game in the cooking department though, doing lots of experiments and slow and low cooking including;

Sous vide pulled lamb
36 hour pork ribs
3 different types of chicken wings as a tasting test
Optimising my steak recipes
Slow cooked whole duck
Sous vide seared duck breast

The wife and kids are loving this!