Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : The Mandalorian (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708038)

Chris 01-12-2020 18:02

Re: The Mandalorian

You'd really better not read this thread too closely, it'll give the whole thing away :erm:

Mick 01-12-2020 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36060554)
You'd really better not read this thread too closely, it'll give the whole thing away :erm:

I've skimmed past posts that describe episode plot twists. Cannot do that with one word responses.

Spoiler: 
Does no-one use this tool anymore?

cimt 01-12-2020 18:49

Well how long should spoilers be a thing? I'd say a few days to a week. I tend to try and avoid anything to do with a show if I haven't watched latest episodes, because I know how easy it is to have something spoiled.

Stephen 01-12-2020 19:15

Well as season 2 is airing now and season 1 was last year I'd say most people will be up to date and will be watching new episodes weekly. So spoilers past a few days or so shouldn't be an issue.

General Maximus 01-12-2020 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36060561)
Well how long should spoilers be a thing?

1 week is very reasonable for a series which is universally available globally on a streaming service. If you haven't watched it in the first week (and by the time the next ep comes around) then you have only got yourself to blame.
To be fair the same would apply if we were talking about any of the many broadcast series in the US which air months in advance of them being shown in the UK. This is acceptable as the forum mitigates spoilers by providing thread prefixes for US and UK timeline. If a thread is prefixed with US timeline then you view it at your own risk.

Paul 01-12-2020 20:09

Spoilers are not necessary, that was determined a long time ago, pretty much as General says above.

Thats the reason we have UK/US Timeline, and Streaming prefixes.

They [Spoilers] serve a very limited purpose and make the topic much harder to read, their disadvantage outweighs any small advantage.

That said, it was pretty obvious from Mick's post that he would not want that revealing in such an obvious way, it was an entirely unnecessary post by Pip.

Jaymoss 02-12-2020 21:32

Yoda and Yaddle breaking Jedi law = Baby Yoda hehehehe

heero_yuy 04-12-2020 09:55

Got the next episode to watch this evening: "The Tragedy"

cimt 04-12-2020 13:46

Another excellent episode.

Pierre 04-12-2020 20:15

Another ripsnorter.

Chris 04-12-2020 20:25

Eeeeeeee!

Hugh 04-12-2020 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36060981)
Eeeeeeee!

Agreed - it’s all coming together...

General Maximus 04-12-2020 22:41

yup, and just once again proves that you focus on and develop the main story and build the characters while still finding an excuse for a weekly punch up. Things are moving along very nicely but what is going to do my head is that we are just going to feel like we are getting somewhere and it is going to be the flipping season finale. This is why we need 16 episode seasons minimum.

heero_yuy 05-12-2020 08:00

A longer run would be welcome now the story is getting some momentum. Looks like transport is going to become an issue.

Chris 05-12-2020 09:20

Ahsoka’s observation that Mando is like a father to the child wouldn’t have rung true had they not devoted time to scenarios where we could concentrate on that. The story pace is just fine, everything has shown us something useful. This isn’t a saga film and we don’t need imperials hosing the place down every week for it to be a great series.