Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : The Mandalorian (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708038)

Chris 17-11-2020 22:51

Re: The Mandalorian

I don’t think the time stamp feature works with vB embedding.

General Maximus 17-11-2020 23:15

I have edited the post to put a direct link in.

Paul 18-11-2020 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36058633)
I have edited the post to put a direct link in.

That worked ok.

Chris 19-11-2020 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36056856)
are you suggesting that he should have bypassed the ODN relay and rerouted power from the primary phase coil?

Sorry I missed this earlier. Do not, on any account, attempt this. It invalidates your warranty and seriously pi553s off the spacedock foreman.

heero_yuy 20-11-2020 11:01

Downloading "The Siege" to watch tonight. :)

General Maximus 21-11-2020 11:48

See, you can still have your weekly punch ups while progressing the main storyline and dealing with the incidentals (i.e. getting the ship fixed). Normally I would want a creative consultants fee but in this case I am just happy to make my mark on the Star Wars universe. The Force is with me.

Chris 21-11-2020 11:50

There was a very pleasing quantity of fanwhank in that episode :D

heero_yuy 21-11-2020 11:56

Plenty of stormtroupers getting whacked. Like the last one from the speeder when you see the helmet rolling along in the wake.

Chris 21-11-2020 13:23

I was idly wondering how to present an in-universe explanation for the sheer uselessness of storm troopers, over coffee this morning ... I can only think that the imperial command’s strategy was to have so many of them in so many places that they would instil fear of an apparently insurmountable enemy, but that the sheer numbers of them also made anything more than basic training implausible (and, if they did successfully terrorise the populace, unnecessary).

pip08456 21-11-2020 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36059214)
I was idly wondering how to present an in-universe explanation for the sheer uselessness of storm troopers, over coffee this morning ... I can only think that the imperial command’s strategy was to have so many of them in so many places that they would instil fear of an apparently insurmountable enemy, but that the sheer numbers of them also made anything more than basic training implausible (and, if they did successfully terrorise the populace, unnecessary).

t would help if they spent more time on a range practising their aim.

Chris 21-11-2020 14:08

Beskar is a handy plot device because it allows a stormtrooper to occasionally score a hit without the show losing its main character.

Paul 21-11-2020 23:53

TIE fighters definitely need better targetting computers, the current ones could not hit a barn door !

heero_yuy 27-11-2020 14:51

Next episode - "The Jedi" to watch tonight. :)

cimt 27-11-2020 14:52

Just finishing watching it now. Excellent it is.

General Maximus 27-11-2020 15:54

What a fantastic episode and is by far the best yet. I didn't know what to do 10 seconds into the episode, I wanted to scream, wet myself, poo my pants and jump out of my chair all at the same time.

This is an episode of purity and meaning and epitomises what it is to be Star Wars. They have hit the nail on the head and proven that you can have your weekly punch up whilst simultaneously progressing and expanding the main story line. I hope they continue to fix what was my gripe in season 1 which was characters and depth. There are too many cheesy quirky gimmicks in each ep and not enough substance. This episode struck the perfect balance, helped baby Yoda to become more of a real being and has greatly improved the realism factor of the character and the universe. I just hope it continues. If they can continue this week after week the series will be superb.