Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Deals for exisiting customers (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708437)

spankysmagicpian 01-10-2020 21:35

Re: Deals for exisiting customers

I was on VIP last year. Phone dup to order mobiles for family and offered the ultimate oomph for £99. Took that. Contract was up in August and was offered the same for £105 this time around. I'm happy with it. I had cancelled my £10 SIM anyway last year so I was still £4 up :-)

I checked Sky (with new customer deals in August) + BT and even combining the two so we could have BT Sport also, cheapest I could get was no where near the £105 Virgin were offering so stuck with them.

Raider999 02-10-2020 19:54

I had a deal with Virgin which recently ended. I had the top TVs package, Sky & BT sports - no movies, broadband and phone with call package.

When the deal finished my £94pm suddenly became over £130pm - extortionate.

Anyway, I have returned to Sky - got the same for £95 and got a skyQ 2Tb box foc.

Since cancelling Virgin I have had several calls asking why I left, shame they didn't offer me a deal when my previous one ended - I might of stayed.

progers 03-10-2020 13:34

My deal went up to £70+ last year so I called and said I had an offer from Sky for £52 and they matched this for 12 months

Raider999 03-10-2020 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by progers (Post 36052496)
My deal went up to £70+ last year so I called and said I had an offer from Sky for £52 and they matched this for 12 months

I don't like doing that - you should not have to beg/lie to get a deal, there should be a price take it or leave it irrelevant whether you are a new customer or have been with them for 20 years,

Too many companies rip-off their long standing customers

I will try virgin again in 18 months to see if they will beat Sky's offer

vincerooney 04-10-2020 01:33

how long does it take to get through to retentions? i used to email or text but i just get ignored now.

ozsat 04-10-2020 10:54

Usually about 1 minute on the 'phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36052574)
how long does it take to get through to retentions? i used to email or text but i just get ignored now.

progers 06-10-2020 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36052562)
I don't like doing that - you should not have to beg/lie to get a deal, there should be a price take it or leave it irrelevant whether you are a new customer or have been with them for 20 years,

Too many companies rip-off their long standing customers

I will try virgin again in 18 months to see if they will beat Sky's offer

I wasn’t telling a lie, if they hadn’t matched it I was off to Sky

Raider999 07-10-2020 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by progers (Post 36052910)
I wasn’t telling a lie, if they hadn’t matched it I was off to Sky

I wasn't suggesting you lied (although some do) - just think there should be a price for each package, take it or leave it.

I deplore haggling - I'm sure I have paid extra because of this but also saved by not buying something I considered too expensive.

cupcakes aka dd 07-10-2020 22:16

Was on an old package called up yesterday and asked for Sky Sports and all my add ons to be retained and came away paying £5 less with everything added. Well happy.

trublue 08-10-2020 14:02

I got the ultimate oomph package just before Black Friday last year for £75.Will need to ring up soon and negotiate a new deal.Will probably drop down and try and get something close to my previous package.Haven't really used Sky films but have watched a lot of footie lately.I must admit,I don't like ringing up for deals,but if you don't,you end up paying top dollar.

MrP 09-10-2020 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrP (Post 36018690)
Was paying £99 for "free" phone calls, top BB and TV without sports / movies. Seven months ago was offered Movies for free for 6 months. When that expired i cancelled it. Two weeks later offered Sky Sports (not HD), Movies and SIM with 5Gb data a month for an extra £3pm. Now paying £102pm.

I would suggest not opting out of VM's marketing calls......you never know what you may be offered!!

How time flies!!

Phoned to give them 30 days notice. To remove Sky Sports and Movies the new contract would cost me £112pm :shocked:

Declined that offer so was transferred to retentions. New fixed 18 month contract including sports and Movies at £106pm Just treated that as the annual increase i didn't have to suffer in July! All sorted within 15 minutes :)

Raider999 09-10-2020 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrP (Post 36053191)
How time flies!!

Phoned to give them 30 days notice. To remove Sky Sports and Movies the new contract would cost me £112pm :shocked:

Declined that offer so was transferred to retentions. New fixed 18 month contract including sports and Movies at £106pm Just treated that as the annual increase i didn't have to suffer in July! All sorted within 15 minutes :)

Read the small print, it probably states that the 'fixed price' doesn't stop them adding the annual increase.

MrP 10-10-2020 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36053217)
Read the small print, it probably states that the 'fixed price' doesn't stop them adding the annual increase.

Yep I have!

Told in the phone call and confirmed in the contract - all good! :)

BenMcr 10-10-2020 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36053217)

The website now says this for the 18 month contracts

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop
Quote:

Your price will not increase during the minimum period except for broadband only packages.

Aldair 16-10-2020 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 36053238)
The website now says this for the 18 month contracts

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop

Be careful with Virgin Media fixed price contracts. Just agreed new 18 month fixed price contract through Retentions. Reading through Terms and Conditions linked to Contract does not explicitly state no price rises during 18 month minimum period. Spoke with overseas call centre who confirmed that price will remain the same over the minimum period. They put this on my notes but would not state in writing.

Called UK Retentions this morning who told me that I was on 18 month fixed price contract. It would not increase over the next year and Virgin Media were sending out letters to inform customers they would not be increasing prices. But, any future increases will apply to this “fixed price” contract and I could cancel with 30 days notice. I explained the meaning of a fixed price contract but was told that is not how Virgin Media work. It is a fixed price until Virgin Media decide to cancel the contract and introduce a price increase. Oh, they confirmed from notes that overseas call centre had told me there would be no increases for the duration of the contract!