Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

General Maximus 25-08-2018 21:37

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

2036 Origin Unknown: 0/10
Whatever you do don't waste 1hr 30 mins of your life on it

Patient Zero
: 3/10
On par with World War Z for production quality and the story is full of plot holes. The only thing which stopped me from turning it off half way through was that Natalie Dormer is in it.

I understand that actors who we have never heard of are just grateful for the work and $$$ but I don't understand how people like Stanley Tucci read the script and think "I really want to be in this movie!"

ThunderPants73 03-09-2018 20:52

Oceans Eight.
7/10
Not bad, not great.

General Maximus 03-09-2018 21:19

I wasnt impressed. It had all the ingredients and followed the same formula as the other Oceans movies but something was missing. There just didnt feel like there was any chemistry between the characters and it didnt really matter who they were or where they came from. The Ghostbusters film was the same.

Let this be a lesson that politically correct forced all female cast for the sake of it films dont work and we dont need a female Avengers film to screw things up.

Damien 04-09-2018 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35962215)
Let this be a lesson that politically correct forced all female cast for the sake of it films dont work and we dont need a female Avengers film to screw things up.

A female Avengers film would just be a film combining existing female heroes from the Marvel Universe so it wouldn't be quite the same thing.

General Maximus 04-09-2018 14:24

I know and as much as i would love to see loads of evangeline lilly, zoe zaldana and scarlett johannson all in the same film there would neex to be a very compelling and plausable story line and reason for bringing them together like that. I actually think Marvel would top a cracking job and make sure it is done properly but i still cringe and think it isnt worth the risk. If it went wrong then that would be it. It would be the big stain on the MCU that cannot be removed.

Damien 04-09-2018 14:35

Yeah I can't think of a reason to bring them together. I think a Black Widow film and maybe have characters like Shuri take a bigger role in Black Panther 2.

General Maximus 04-09-2018 14:48

They are making a Black Widow film as part of phase 4.

Damien 08-09-2018 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35962266)
They are making a Black Widow film as part of phase 4.

It's odd that it's taken until next year's release of Captain Marvel for them to have a female-led film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

General Maximus 08-09-2018 08:31

Yeah, i think a Black Widow film would have gone down a treat any time after Avengers 1.

Dude111 11-09-2018 23:40

I last watched THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER (1990) on VHS :) (Recorded from analogue cable)

10/10

General Maximus 15-09-2018 18:40

The Predator (2018): 4/10

Okay, so from a positive point of view they tie it in with the narrative from the previous movies and it sort of follows on from there and it finishes on the same note which makes the plot line for any future movies very interesting (and also potentially stupid and OTT).

The problem with this is that it just wasn't serious enough; it is like watching The A-team but with a predator in it. It tries to be too light hearted and humorous from start to finish and it just doesn't work. There are a couple of really funny jokes which I properly laughed at but they were in the right moment when everyone was chilling, relaxed and not in mortal danger. There are too many things which don't make sense and are unrealistic such as hardcore science babe drafted in from University magically becomes a master weapons handler, kicks ass and somehow manages to keep up (on foot) with a spaceship that takes off and subsequently crashes many miles away yet as it crashes, she is there on the ground waiting for it. Other little things which niggled at me were the many many kills the predator racks up and you see loads of blood, weapons noises and something shooting out of his arm but you are left thinking "what was that, what just happened and how did he actually kill them" because you just see heads falling off bodies.

Definitely not worth spending money to see at the cinema and is very much on par with Geostorm in terms of the calibre of the film if you would like something to compare it with. It is more pants than it is good.

Stephen 15-09-2018 19:29

Don't slate geostorm lol. I've watched it a couple of times and do enjoy it. Yes it's a bit silly but it's at least entertaining.

Have been expecting Predator to be bad.

Hugh 15-09-2018 22:24

Destination Wedding.

Keane Reeves and Winona Ryder - very gentle, slow moving, acerbic, and funny film.

Really enjoyed it, and snorted red wine out of my nose at one point - not what I was expecting, but very glad we watched it.

180 degrees from John Wick.

Stephen 18-09-2018 10:35

The Predator - 6/10

Not as bad as I was expecting, relatively enjoyable and a few good laughs and some references to the previous films.

There are a few dreadful plot holes and somethings that just don't make sense. I am guessing this comes from the heavy reshoots and different edits the film went through. Check the trailers and there is some scenes blatently different or not in the film at all.

Best thing is to disengage your brain and have fun.

Dude111 20-09-2018 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen
Have been expecting Predator to be bad.

Seems like everything they come out with now is bad huh mate?? (I love the first 1987 movie with the terminator in it)

Kinda sad......

I last watched THE PRINCIPAL (1987) on VHS :)

10/10

I think this is James BEST movie.....