Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704203)

theone2k10 20-01-2017 22:32

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35881408)
Why is TV utter dross on a Friday??

it's utter dross 7 days a week hence why i cut the cord lol.

Chad 21-01-2017 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35881373)
They can keep going after us we'll always find a way around it.
SKY, BT, movie studios, tv studios etc should take long hard look at themselves and they'll see why people use grey area things to watch shows movies etc.
Might be something to do with how expensive it's becoming to have a tv sub for example skys basic tv is £22p/m now and that's without hd, movies, sports and box sets.
BTs equivelent pack minus sky channels and fox but including bt sports and from this month boxnation is £10p/m don't take a genius to figure it out.
Also £13.99 for a dvd they're having a giraffe man i tend to wait awhile and grab dvds/blu rays for £5 or below.

I've found myself drawn to YouTube more and more in recent weeks late at night for entertainment. Plenty of good niche entertainment if you can find it that's often more entertaining than conventional TV. I've been consumed recently watching content from RedLetterMedia. A bunch of guys ripping movies from the 80's and 90's to pieces whilst getting hammered. Doesn't sound like must watch content I known but they know their stuff, it's risqué at times and makes me laugh. Nothing like it on TV. Once drawn in you discover they've been doing this for years and have a back catalog of about 600 hours. It's free and ready to watch when you want.

P. S. I'm hammered watching them just now. Hopefully the above makes sense lol

Mad Max 21-01-2017 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35881412)
it's utter dross 7 days a week hence why i cut the cord lol.

No it's not, there's some good stuff on most nights, but for some strange reason a Friday is particularly bad!

denphone 21-01-2017 06:19

Quote:

Go to bingo old chap.;)

theone2k10 21-01-2017 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35881418)
I've found myself drawn to YouTube more and more in recent weeks late at night for entertainment. Plenty of good niche entertainment if you can find it that's often more entertaining than conventional TV. I've been consumed recently watching content from RedLetterMedia. A bunch of guys ripping movies from the 80's and 90's to pieces whilst getting hammered. Doesn't sound like must watch content I known but they know their stuff, it's risqué at times and makes me laugh. Nothing like it on TV. Once drawn in you discover they've been doing this for years and have a back catalog of about 600 hours. It's free and ready to watch when you want.

P. S. I'm hammered watching them just now. Hopefully the above makes sense lol

pluto tv is ok too loads of content on it perfectly legal too.
Being a gamer i'm often watching the various gaming broadcasts on it, same with youtube too.

Horizon 21-01-2017 18:55

Quote:

Is it any better on any other day?..... Soaps, reality, celebrity chefs etc.

I don't switch the thing on much now and I love tv, but when I do, I'm selective in what I watch.

OLD BOY 21-01-2017 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35881446)
pluto tv is ok too loads of content on it perfectly legal too.
Being a gamer i'm often watching the various gaming broadcasts on it, same with youtube too.

Pluto is ok, but I wouldn't spend my evening watching their output.

Frankly, I'm not much impressed with anything I've seen on Kodi either so far - I think that this only comes into its own with a vpn, which I refuse to use.

If you want quality viewing and you don't want to breach copyright laws, I'm afraid the only option is cable or satellite/Netflix/Amazon/Now TV + other PPV options.

theone2k10 21-01-2017 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35881511)
Pluto is ok, but I wouldn't spend my evening watching their output.

Frankly, I'm not much impressed with anything I've seen on Kodi either so far - I think that this only comes into its own with a vpn, which I refuse to use.

If you want quality viewing and you don't want to breach copyright laws, I'm afraid the only option is cable or satellite/Netflix/Amazon/Now TV + other PPV options.

Then you must not like any tv show or movie or sports etc then, you do not need a vpn for kodi just the correct addons.
You forgot to mention isp tv too from bt and talktalk and plusnet, also vodafone have a tv service now.

OLD BOY 21-01-2017 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35881516)
Then you must not like any tv show or movie or sports etc then, you do not need a vpn for kodi just the correct addons.
You forgot to mention isp tv too from bt and talktalk and plusnet, also vodafone have a tv service now.

Yes, but BT, talk talk, vodaphone and plusnet have inferior offerings, don't they? The main players ATM are Sky and Virgin.

Unless you go for vpn, which basically infringes copyright, surely you are not suggesting that Kodi has anything worthwhile to add? Or, being a newcomer to all this, maybe I've missed something? :confused:

theone2k10 21-01-2017 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35881518)
Yes, but BT, talk talk, vodaphone and plusnet have inferior offerings, don't they? The main players ATM are Sky and Virgin.

Unless you go for vpn, which basically infringes copyright, surely you are not suggesting that Kodi has anything worthwhile to add? Or, being a newcomer to all this, maybe I've missed something? :confused:

Only thing that's missing from BT is sky channels and fox, and apparantly Sky and BT are in talks.
TT i think are missing discovery channels, eurosport aswell as hd but do have sky channels, no idea about vodafone as would never go with vodafone.
Kodi certainly does have everything worthwhile tv shows at usa pace, movies still on cinema, live sports, live channels such as hbo,showtime,starz to nam a couple, plus every live uk channel possible etc the list is endless you just need the correct repos and addons you do not need a vpn or smart dns and it is not illegal, infact a European court recently ruled streaming content as legal. However if you go down the route of acestream and plexus it becomes illegal as they are p2p.
Kodis legit addons alone offer various network channels such as nbcsports, food network, abc, fox amongst others those you need a smart dns or vpn for.
Regarding kodi either send me a pm as won't discuss here or youtube is your friend ;)

Mr K 21-01-2017 22:43

Great films coming up on Talking Pictures: - 'Day of the Triffids', 'Brighton Rock'

Oops no, VM is still the only platform not to carry the channel.....

jj20x 21-01-2017 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35881120)
In other news - "Total Channels" has been cut by one sometime since Monday.

Well, 3 channels have gone and 2 have been added since Christmas. So there has been a net loss of 1 somewhere along the way.

Removals:

TSID 6: SID 615 UMP Movies
TSID 9: SID 901 Movie Mix
TSID 19: SID 1907 My Ex Girlfriends

Additions:

TSID 2: SID 215 Sony Movie Channel (This launched on a different transport stream to the Movie Mix channel it replaced).
TSID 17: SID 1713 ITV PPV HD

The last one is quite interesting. :)

theone2k10 21-01-2017 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj20x (Post 35881557)
Well, 3 channels have gone and 2 have been added since Christmas. So there has been a net loss of 1 somewhere along the way.

Removals:

TSID 6: SID 615 UMP Movies
TSID 9: SID 901 Movie Mix
TSID 19: SID 1907 My Ex Girlfriends

Additions:

TSID 2: SID 215 Sony Movie Channel (This launched on a different transport stream to the Movie Mix channel it replaced).
TSID 17: SID 1713 ITV PPV HD

The last one is quite interesting. :)

That last one is itv box office

jj20x 22-01-2017 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35881558)
That last one is itv box office

Obviously, but via a pop-up channel rather than delivery through the standard PPV on-demand services, which some users have assumed.

(It is an NVOD Time-Shifted service rather than a regular "Digital Television" service - so basically the same method of delivery as the adult PPV channels.)

denphone 22-01-2017 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35881553)
Great films coming up on Talking Pictures: - 'Day of the Triffids', 'Brighton Rock'

Oops no, VM is still the only platform not to carry the channel.....

Well at least you are consistent in your grumpiness Mr K.;)