Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Seeking advice (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708377)

taylor941 15-11-2019 05:40

Seeking advice

Hi,

I got a final notice from Wescot for a 415 debt (for O2). I'm indeed in arrears with O2 but only for 4 mth x 30GBP contract for an S**T phone. I can't afford to pay for anything at the moment as I'm looking for a job.

What Wescot can do if I'm not paying?

Mr K 15-11-2019 07:53

Re: Seeking advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor941 (Post 36017183)
Hi,

I got a final notice from Wescot for a 415 debt (for O2). I'm indeed in arrears with O2 but only for 4 mth x 30GBP contract for an S**T phone. I can't afford to pay for anything at the moment as I'm looking for a job.

Communicate with them, explain your situation, and offer.to pay a small bit each month, if you can. Don't ignore it. They've probably added debt collector /late payment fees, it's a racket but dont hope it'll.go away, or have a breakdown over it. Good luck with the job hunting.

Btw, try PAYG, can't run up a debt on that.

Ken W 15-11-2019 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36017185)
Communicate with them, explain your situation, and offer.to pay a small bit each month, if you can. Don't ignore it. They've probably added debt collector /late payment fees, it's a racket but dont hope it'll.go away, or have a breakdown over it. Good luck with the job hunting.

Wise move,

denphone 15-11-2019 08:24

Quote:

Good advice Mr K.

Russ 15-11-2019 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor941 (Post 36017183)
Hi,

If you're not paying, they'll add administrative fees and most likely they'll be enforceable.

However if you can't pay, which is a different matter, as Mr K says please talk to them. It's unlikely that they'll write any part of it off but will most probably give you more time to pay.

Good luck.

traceyjedison 25-11-2019 14:23

Quote:

I agree with you,

or make an agreement plan to wescot to settle your issue but the very important is contact them...