Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   VM News Another Price Increase (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707827)

trublue 26-09-2019 20:38

Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Thanks for the phone number :tu:

lombard 27-09-2019 17:48

Hi all , tried to call to get better deal

Currently on only 200mb for £41.74 been customer for over 7 years also i have no need for phone or TV and this constent price rise just pushed me to try to get new deal, Also happy to downgrade to 100mb i dont need 200mb although he said my internet use was extreme :erm: I know i would be fine with 100mb its not like the full 200mb is used at once

My friend across the road has been customer for less years and pays £27 for 100mb

Also i mentioned uswitch deals i see for new customers 100mb £27 12 months contract £35 setup fee he said I couldnt cancel and get family member to sign up is that true ?

deal i was given was £37 for 200mb which I thought wasnt good enough and when i asked i dont need 200mb he said 100mb would cost more :confused:

When i said talk talk and Vodafone do 67mb average for much cheaper and my neighbour is on vodafone and gets 60mb+ he said even though he is next door doesnt mean i will get that speed i can try and just cancel 30 days if it didnt , it was just back and forth with him

Guess i'll call again in few days and maybe get lucky with someone else

Thanks

Kushan 30-09-2019 19:10

Honestly, just vote with your wallet. You can get Vodafone or whatever for like £25 a month, sounds like that's all you need

JPAC 30-09-2019 22:17

Just say you want to cancel and ask to take your number with you. VM will call you back with a much better deal.

lombard 02-10-2019 10:31

Hi, Thanks for the replies, I do wanna at least stay on 100mb just for the times when i download , the others are 55-60mb be stuck on 18 months and dont think i can use my own router like i can on virgin the router i use has been perfect and range is brilliant reading up the others dont make it easy to use own router

sooner or later i know the others will start offering 100mb+ to offer competition to virgin

also dont see that offer for new customers now 100mb £27 12 months

Wild Oscar 03-10-2019 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kushan (Post 36012350)
Honestly, just vote with your wallet. You can get Vodafone or whatever for like £25 a month, sounds like that's all you need

That's exactly what I did nearly a year ago now! ... no regrets at all!

lombard 08-10-2019 14:17

I called again and got 200mb for £27 down from £41.74 , which i really cant complain about

12 months contract but price will stay the same for 18 months

been customer for 7 years never before asked about leaving she said the discount is calculated how many years been customer

Thanks All

Mr K 11-12-2021 12:43

Betting on an inflation busting price rise first week of Jan 2022. You can always rely on VM for a Happy New Year !

Expecting it to be significant given inflation, and they always like to well exceed that !

If you aren't in a contract I'd try and wangle a new deal now and you might avoid it. I did this in December last year and avoided the Jan increase.

1andrew1 11-12-2021 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36105216)
Betting on an inflation busting price rise first week of Jan 2022. You can always rely on VM for a Happy New Year !

Expecting it to be significant given inflation, and they always like to well exceed that !

If you aren't in a contract I'd try and wangle a new deal now and you might avoid it. I did this last year and avoided the Jan increase.

They have more fast broadband competition from Openreach and the new FTTH companies like Hyperoptic And pay-TV content has reduced with the launch of Disney + taking channels out of packs. Will be interesting to see what they do.

tweetiepooh 13-12-2021 10:40

Costs are increasing for everyone and companies can only absorb so much. The biltong retailer at our farmer's market said his meat price has increased massively recently and he has had to increase his prices. He reports that not all customers understand.

Mr K 13-12-2021 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 36105434)
Costs are increasing for everyone and companies can only absorb so much. The biltong retailer at our farmer's market said his meat price has increased massively recently and he has had to increase his prices. He reports that not all customers understand.

Inflation related rises are understandable, but VMs have been way in excess of that for a few years now. Maybe they'll surprise us in the New Year year and announce a price freeze or cut? What's the betting ? ;)

Hugh 14-12-2021 09:02

Well, except for 2020…

tweetiepooh 14-12-2021 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36105552)
Inflation related rises are understandable, but VMs have been way in excess of that for a few years now. Maybe they'll surprise us in the New Year year and announce a price freeze or cut? What's the betting ? ;)

But how do you know if VM's costs are only inflation related? (I don't work in any capacity with the figures so I don't know.)

1andrew1 14-12-2021 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 36105628)
But how do you know if VM's costs are only inflation related? (I don't work in any capacity with the figures so I don't know.)

The calculation will usually be, if they put up prices, will the increase per customer be outweighed by revenue from the number of customers that they lose?

Yes, costs need to be covered but the days of large companies just slapping on a random margin are over, it's usually a far more sophisticated game than that.

RichardCoulter 14-12-2021 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36105637)
The calculation will usually be, if they put up prices, will the increase per customer be outweighed by revenue from the number of customers that they lose?

Yes, costs need to be covered but the days of large companies just slapping on a random margin are over, it's usually a far more sophisticated game than that.

Indeed, particularly now that people have far more choice.