Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   VM News Another Price Increase (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707827)

gus0898uk 02-02-2022 09:54

Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Update time.
I finally got through on 150 after 20 minutes disco music, to the sub continent.
I am not looking for something for nothing, just a good service at a price that only rises by around 3% per annum.
I paid £93.75 for the past 18 months including SS, and I have agreed to pay £99pm for the next 18 months.
For this VM have increased my Broadband speed from 100 to 350, upgraded my SS to HD and added Sky Movies to the package.
I know others will get better deals but I am happy with it, the wife and I are both in our 70's so get pleasure from looking at TV, but we do not do too much daytime watching mainly evenings.
Terestrial TV is getting worse, so Sky Movies will help, but I also pay for Amazon Prime Video, this extra £7.99 means I can buy many items cheaply and quickly delivered to my front door.
Thanks again BM's

daveeb 02-02-2022 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36111977)
So you've gone from loads to just one. Do try harder.

You asked him to show you a provider which he did. Why not get out of the right side of the bed for once and look for yourself. :rolleyes:

pip08456 02-02-2022 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36112004)
You asked him to show you a provider which he did. Why not get out of the right side of the bed for once and look for yourself. :rolleyes:

I asked him to justify this.

Quote:

Loads of decent deals out there if you've had Openreach fibering up poles near you.
I still await the "loads". One does not equate to loads.

I have looked for myself as well. I knew his assertion was wrong to begin with.

I do get out of the right side of the bed as that is where the door is to go elsewhere in my flat.:D

1andrew1 02-02-2022 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36111977)
So you've gone from loads to just one. Do try harder.

I see what's happened here. :D

psul never made the "loads of decent deals" comment. He kindly provided the Vodafone deal for you and you bit his poor head off!

It was someone called Skie who made the "loads of decent deals" comment.

pip08456 02-02-2022 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36112070)
I see what's happened here. :D

psul never made the "loads of decent deals" comment. He kindly provided the Vodafone deal for you and you bit his poor head off!

It was someone called Skie who made the "loads of decent deals" comment.

Oooops yes, you are correct. Humble apologies to psul.

daveeb 02-02-2022 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36112053)
I asked him to justify this.

I still await the "loads". One does not equate to loads.

I have looked for myself as well. I knew his assertion was wrong to begin with.

I do get out of the right side of the bed as that is where the door is to go elsewhere in my flat.:D

As Andrew just mentioned it was Skie who mentioned lots of good deals before you added the criteria of 100 mb for £25 and then psul answered with a deal that met that. There are some good deals I suppose it depends where you're located. Hyperoptic are currently doing 150 mb for £22 for 2 years.

https://www.hyperoptic.com/price-plans/

pip08456 02-02-2022 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36112072)
As Andrew just mentioned it was Skie who mentioned lots of good deals before you added the criteria of 100 mb for £25 and then psul answered with a deal that met that. There are some good deals I suppose it depends where you're located. Hyperoptic are currently doing 150 mb for £22 for 2 years.

https://www.hyperoptic.com/price-plans/

I have apologised to psul already.

It does very much depend on where you are located Hyperoptic is not available in my area.

daveeb 02-02-2022 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36112080)
I have apologised to psul already.

It does very much depend on where you are located Hyperoptic is not available in my area.

Yes fair enough, I didn't see your post until after I'd posted. ;)

I agree there aren't loads of deals at your price point and speed. I use Zen, they certainly aren't cheap by any stretch but they never put the price up and have a good UK based customer service.

Skie 02-02-2022 21:42

Talktalk with cashback, EE if you have an EE phone or work discount. Plus the various tiers before you came up with an arbitrary 100mb limit. ie VF are doing 500meg for £32 a month (£29 if a mobile customer). :)

I also suspect this is just the start of a bit of a war, given VF are passing on the Openreach wholesale price drops and with everyone bumping prices up there are lots of customers to be grabbed.

SirThomas 10-02-2022 00:33

Patience always helps off with VM...

£53 for a 'Bigger Volt bundle' with 500meg BB, a TV plan (who knows which package '190+ channels' refers to...) and an O2 SIM of 100GB- The website only says 10 and the confirmation email from O2 says 50, but I shant correct them!

Now if they'd only make their new 'My Virgin Media' pages work, rather than give errors on every click, pick up webchat within 4 hours and do proper passovers on phone transfers... We'd be onto a winner. :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - If you're getting nowhere, put the phone down and try again the next day.

Never did get that new Hub5 to try, though... Ah well!

Tom

Mr K 10-02-2022 07:33

Still no notification of any price rise for me, what's the minimum notice they have to give for a rise?

Lee 10-02-2022 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36113013)
Still no notification of any price rise for me, what's the minimum notice they have to give for a rise?

Same here, not heard anything.

TMLeafs 10-02-2022 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirThomas (Post 36113007)
Patience always helps off with VM...

£53 for a 'Bigger Volt bundle' with 500meg BB, a TV plan (who knows which package '190+ channels' refers to...) and an O2 SIM of 100GB- The website only says 10 and the confirmation email from O2 says 50, but I shant correct them!

Now if they'd only make their new 'My Virgin Media' pages work, rather than give errors on every click, pick up webchat within 4 hours and do proper passovers on phone transfers... We'd be onto a winner. :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - If you're getting nowhere, put the phone down and try again the next day.

Never did get that new Hub5 to try, though... Ah well!

Tom

did you give 30-day notice?

SirThomas 10-02-2022 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs (Post 36113058)
did you give 30-day notice?

In this particular case, no.
They called me back unexpectedly a day after a previous web chat that I terminated!

...But I did threaten to raise a complaint, as the offshore call centre staff were incredibly unprofessional. UK-based staff - excellent as always, I might add.

The web chat is appalling, I've never encountered such a wait for responses from any company, it really is unacceptable.

Tom

Skie 19-02-2022 12:20

3rd of March is my contract end, but the various bits and bobs are all in now after Openreach braved Eunice to hook up FTTP in high winds as the storm got steadily worse.

Goodbye jitter!

https://www.cableforum.uk/images/local/2022/02/4.png