Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Tezcatlipoca 27-10-2007 22:53

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Shooter (HD DVD)

Pretty good action-thriller conspiracy movie.

7/10

mrmistoffelees 27-10-2007 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 34423407)
Starting to feel paranoid now, this advert is on every page I go to

You've been on some adult gay site haven't you, and now you have a pop up

(and i dont just mean the window.......)

:erm::erm::erm::erm::erm::erm:

Mr_love_monkey 27-10-2007 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 34423423)
You've been on some adult gay site haven't you, and now you have a pop up

(and i dont just mean the window.......)

:erm::erm::erm::erm::erm::erm:

Leave me out of your sordid fantasies..... :)

Shadow Demon UK 30-10-2007 01:03

American gangster - 10/10

Brilliant film, the best i've seen in a long time, Denzel Washington is fantastic and so is Russell Crowe, a must see for everyone.

LooieENG 30-10-2007 19:54

Shanghai Kiss - 8/10

Some funny bits. A solid script. Has Hayden Panettiere in it =P

ikthius 30-10-2007 20:48

the heartbreak kid...... 4/10 pants...

not funny at all, a couple of laughs, but thats it.....

it only got a 4 cause it showed some boobies.

ik

alferret 15-11-2007 14:11

Just watched FLOOD, total washout 2\10 :td:

Also watched P2
A businesswoman is pursued by a psychopath after being locked in a parking garage on Christmas Eve.

Absolutly excellent psycho\horror\thriller flick. 9\10 :tu:

TraxData 16-11-2007 02:43

Transformers 3/10

I found it strangely boring, stupidly bad acting, nice visual effects though.

CycoSymz 16-11-2007 22:17

Evil Aliens - 9/10

This was a fantastic film...I've not seen this much gore since Bad Taste and Dead Alive.
Really funny and gruesome, a classic British comedy/horror...well worth a look if you like arms and legs flying everywhere.

greencreeper 17-11-2007 16:45

28 Weeks Later - 8/10

Flaming bleak and depressing. Pretty gory too, with some real "cushion moments".

tcbass 18-11-2007 21:11

Eastern Promises - 9/10
Great film, well worth a watch, and the Bath-house scene is just great. really shows Viggo Mortensen as a great multidimensional actor.
Best film I've seen in some time.

Vesuvius 19-11-2007 13:05

Zeitgeist - 10/10
Docufilm about the beginings of religion and how modern day bible is just a copy ancient civilisations beliefs. Then how that relates to how the worlds Major Banking corporations really rule the earth. Very interesting eye opener.

American Gangster - 5/10
Thought the film was very slow but watchable, no doubt it'll win a few Oscars tho'.

handyman 19-11-2007 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vesuvius (Post 34436297)
Zeitgeist - 10/10
Docufilm about the beginings of religion and how modern day bible is just a copy ancient civilisations beliefs. Then how that relates to how the worlds Major Banking corporations really rule the earth. Very interesting eye opener.

Free to watch too..
http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

Might have a scan later at home.

Vesuvius 19-11-2007 13:28

Thanks for adding that Handyman:D
Definatley recommend this to everyone.

Xaccers 09-12-2007 02:29

On similar themes, the Golden Compass, and excellent good v evil film, especially as the evil is depicted as "doing good as they see fit"
10/10

Mal 09-12-2007 02:31

Planet Terror - 10/10 :D

Great fun...plus Rose McGowan... :drool: :D

greencreeper 09-12-2007 04:41

Golden Compass got a slating on News Night Review, plus it sounds like a dodgy German movie.

Just watched Platoon for the n-th time but it's still brilliant - 10/10

Currently waiting for the Bourne DVDs to turn up from the Zon.

Xaccers 09-12-2007 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencreeper (Post 34448701)
Golden Compass got a slating on News Night Review, plus it sounds like a dodgy German movie.

You might know it as Northern Lights by Philip Pullman.
Real edge of seat tension, and if I were american (and not boycotting the film for being anti-church) sky punching moments.

Stephen 09-12-2007 21:42

Went to see Golden Compass today. Great stuff. Especially the Polar Bear fight :)

8/10

CycoSymz 09-12-2007 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal (Post 34448690)
Planet Terror - 10/10 :D

Great fun...plus Rose McGowan... :drool: :D

Totally agree, it's a great movie

CycoSymz 10-12-2007 14:30

Satan's Little Helper - 5/10 - Good idea for the plot but needed lots more blood and guts.

Aragorn 10-12-2007 14:35

Beowulf - 9/10 - If, like me, you enjoy a couple of hours of 'suspend reality and enjoy the ride' this is great fun. Pretty gory in places and def not one for the kids but very enjoyable.

Maggy 16-12-2007 17:18

Just been watching My Neighbour Totero on Film 4.Magical...Why is Japanese animation so much better than any Disney rubbish these days?

Definitely 10/10

SOSAGES 20-12-2007 23:09

ok.
the professionals (1966) -
big stars - big guns - a touch of the dirty dozen and a twist at the end - But still NOTHING on any of the dollars trilogy or anything with Clint in it really. 6/10

Death at a funeral (limited screens) -
Had the pilot from firefly in it (dosnt he show up in lots of films?) oh and that midget (i think he was a midget) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795368/ who is also in EVERYTHING. Anyway seemed to be a harmless low budget frank oz flick i didnt laugh much but it was ok. 6/10

Benders big score (animated)
Superb fun lots of in jokes and laughs :) bring it back!

Stardust:
Apart from seeing dexter fletcher it was a complete load of rubbish the dude didnt ask him self once what was going on!
4/10 maybe good for kids i dunno

mrmistoffelees 21-12-2007 10:00

Balls of Fury 0/10 not even going to waste my time with comment

SOSAGES 22-12-2007 10:09

school for scroudrels -
billy bob thornton + Jon heder it was average. A nice idea but i didnt laugh. A small cameo from Ben Stiller as well...anyway Avoid :) 5/10

Mr Woodcock -
Billy bob thornton + Stiffler! - Again not much fun even if it did have Randy from My name is earl in it. Avoid :) 5/10

American Pie beta House -
well having watch the naked mile i had to watch Beta house and while looking at naked girls was great fun the comedy was lacking and i LOVE teen frat house comedy stuff but this was useless give me Animal house any day ! TOGA TOGA TOGA! 3/10

Holloween (2007 version)
Mr zombie did the remake here and it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. Im not a huge fan of horror movies as to be honest i spend most of the time avoiding the screen :) It didnt really explain why he was a nutter but u learn he was a nutter from a very very early age. 7/10

Eastern Promises.
Ok it wasnt until the end of the film and i looked on IMDB that i learnt it was our man Strider from LOTR being the clever russian dude. The best bit of the film is the naked fight towards the end - Bit of a naff ending i hope they do a sequal. 8/10

Rush Hour 3:
He is to old :( and i love him and it just isnt funny now. 4/10

Shoot Em Up:
Now this looked crap so i avoided it until the other day. Clive owen who i have a lot of time for lately was pretty good - a no nonesence dude with a gun and a baby to look after. A good bad guy to chace Clive about and loads and loads of silly stunts with guns :) Harmless film but by no means a classic. 6/10

The Kingdom:
Her from alias - Him from Ray/Collateral. About a FBI team in the middle east investigating a bombing. Seemed to be a good idea but the actual solving of the case didnt seem to take long and the film was to short for me. We directed and with nice camera work. It was just the plot that let it down it didnt really excite me. 6/10

The heartbreak Kid (2007 version)
well its ben stiller (and his dad) doing what ben stiller does in every other film he has ever been in. A nice twist at the end and some of the scenes with his mental wife did make me laugh but disapointing really especially the whole love side of the story. 6/10

WAR -
Jet lie and mr Crank him self. Well my god that was a silly film and by the end i wasnt sure what the hell was going on. Some ok fight scenes i do enjoy Jason Statham films simply because i know what i will get. By no means a classic or probably worth watching but if you do watch it tell me what happened at the end i didnt pay much attention as it was getting silly. Oh a great bit when he attaches the bomb to the dog :)
5/10

alferret 22-12-2007 20:58

I am Legend.

Spoiler: 
Will Smith is back in this remake of The Omega Man.
Flashbacks help tell the story and keep it going when it starts to go a little flat.
Loosely based on the book of the same name Smith plays the part of Robert Neville, someone who he thinks is the last man alive after a cure for cancer turns into a pandemic killing all humanity and along the way creating a class of sub-humans who are at a disadvantage when going out in the sunlight (Vampire'ish) where they react with UV light.
His fight to survive by hunting wild game, his dog Sam helps keep him sane, although the interaction between Smith and the manequin goes a tad to far in the wrong direction IMO.
The effects are some of the best I have seen in a film of this genre` the overall structure flows quite well althought I would have liked the film to have been a little longer with more being shown about how Neville has survived for the 3 years since the pandemic started and maybe a spin-off tv series showing how the other survivors got together.

Overall a pretty good film, if you get to see it on the big screen do, its worth the £5 or so. If you can grab it elsewhere the small screen wont really do it justice

8.5/10 :tu:

SOSAGES 22-12-2007 21:35

I am Legend:
i wonder what arnie would of done in it... Anyway it was ok i knew as soon as i saw a cute animal in it that my wife would cover her head with a blanket every time the animal looked likely to be in trouble.
An ok remake kinda different films - It ignore the book a lot but thats ok. I think it was to short for a film about everyone on earth either dying or being eaten by nasties.
Will Smith was very good and the sound track was awesome :) A bit of me kept wishing that they would follow the books plot just a little as i got a faint glimpse of it early on but ho hum.
7/10 - Nice will smith - to short not enough closure.

greencreeper 22-12-2007 23:47

Just watching the Bourne trilogy - nice boxed set, in a metal case. Dinted though - Royal Mail for you :rolleyes: Watched the first two so far. Very low-key is the violence - it's more of a thriller than anything. Quite scary though - makes you wonder if any of it is real. I would imagine most of it is - which begs the question, "How did 9/11 happen then?" Anyway - so far 9/10

Oh and Matt Damon with no shirt on :drool:

Maggy 23-12-2007 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencreeper (Post 34457367)
Just watching the Bourne trilogy - nice boxed set, in a metal case. Dinted though - Royal Mail for you :rolleyes: Watched the first two so far. Very low-key is the violence - it's more of a thriller than anything. Quite scary though - makes you wonder if any of it is real. I would imagine most of it is - which begs the question, "How did 9/11 happen then?" Anyway - so far 9/10

Oh and Matt Damon with no shirt on :drool:

Low key violence?Well in as much as he's trying NOT to get caught I guess so but really I see nothing low key about the violence or the car chases.Brilliant series though and each one is as good as the others.Not often one can say that about a series of films especially in this genre.:D

greencreeper 23-12-2007 00:13

If it was, say, Tarantino, you'd have lots of blood all over the place - possibly assorted body parts - and lingering shots thereof. Slow-mo too. Hence "low key".

Maggy 23-12-2007 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencreeper (Post 34457385)
If it was, say, Tarantino, you'd have lots of blood all over the place - possibly assorted body parts - and lingering shots thereof. Slow-mo too. Hence "low key".

He's a man in a hurry so no time to linger.Besides which these people aren't killing 'cos they like it, they are killing because it is expedient therefore they will do it as quickly and as cleanly as possible and then leave as quietly as possible which moves us onto the next scene tout suite.The violence is still rather nasty and some of the fights are quite long and sustained.It seems more realistic to me.Tarantino films seem so fake.

Did you know that it is a fallacy that being shot flings you backwards away from the shooter...it never happens that way.

greencreeper 23-12-2007 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognitas (Post 34457397)
He's a man in a hurry so no time to linger.Besides which these people aren't killing 'cos they like it, they are killing because it is expedient therefore they will do it as quickly and as cleanly as possible and then leave as quietly as possible which moves us onto the next scene tout suite.The violence is still rather nasty and some of the fights are quite long and sustained.It seems more realistic to me.Tarantino films seem so fake.

Exactly, Coggy - contract killing is clinical, so it would never have worked to make it gory and flashy. I agree there were one or two nasty scenes though not as bad as they could have been. Each killer also appears to have a preferred method, which would make sense, and not always one that doesn't leave a mess. But sometimes a mess is needed if certain people are to be convinced it was someone (or some group) else responsible, and not the Americans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognitas (Post 34457397)
Did you know that it is a fallacy that being shot flings you backwards away from the shooter...it never happens that way.

I did, yeah - it varies greatly. Some do fall backwards, but others fall forward.

SOSAGES 23-12-2007 21:48

i find the boune trilogy makes an excellent attempt at giving me some of that 70's-80's espionage thriller feel back to my tv screen. I keep expecting Gene Hackman to turn up

Maggy 23-12-2007 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencreeper (Post 34457399)

I did, yeah - it varies greatly. Some do fall backwards, but others fall forward.

Mostly they just fall straight down.:erm:

TraxData 23-12-2007 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSAGES (Post 34457760)
i find the boune trilogy makes an excellent attempt at giving me some of that 70's-80's espionage thriller feel back to my tv screen. I keep expecting Gene Hackman to turn up

Guess im the only one who thought they was complete utter crap then?

Maggy 23-12-2007 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraxData (Post 34457834)

I shouldn't imagine so..but then I probably hate some of the films you love. ;)

CycoSymz 23-12-2007 23:49

Quote:

I can't believe you didn't like them. What sort of films do you like?

Hom3r 24-12-2007 00:06

Hitman

Very good barely had time to breathe between action scenes

TheDaddy 24-12-2007 01:16

Viva Knievel 0-10 quite possibly the worst film in the history of mankind, it should come with a public health warning: Suicide inducing, watch at own risk

bopdude 24-12-2007 01:22

Quote:

Guess so, care to tell us why ???

greencreeper 24-12-2007 02:03

Just watched The King on Channel 4 - very dark and shocking tale of revenge. 9/10

Zee 24-12-2007 02:44

I Am Legend

Just watched it today, bloody good movie! loved it!
9/10

TraxData 24-12-2007 02:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by bopdude (Post 34457885)
Guess so, care to tell us why ???

Apart from the fact he cant act to save his life?

---------- Post added at 02:58 ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flange (Post 34457838)
I can't believe you didn't like them. What sort of films do you like?

I like everything from action, sci-fi to drama and romance, as long as the acting is good and the story is sollid i'll watch it :)

Xaccers 24-12-2007 07:40

Quote:

The first one was okish, nearly fell asleep during the second, don't know if I can be bothered to watch the third unless it's free or comes up on Sky.

I would imagine in the books you probably really feel for Bourne and want him to find out his history etc, but in the films I find myself thinking "So what?"

I much preferred Shooter, even though it's plot has been done to death, but it was done in such a way that it still kept my attention. It's also been the inspiration for a whole load of better gun paint jobs in airsoft (much better than the old Airfix Lancaster paint style).

TheDaddy 24-12-2007 09:21

Quote:

Nope I was no fan of it either :tu:

etccarmageddon 24-12-2007 10:56

bourne ultimatum appears to be too much like the 2nd film in parts and too much like they have little plot left to explore - I fell asleep near the end. and it lacked an ultimatum.

Stephen 24-12-2007 11:22

I am Legend

Simply amazing 9/10

I must say one of Will Smith's best movies ever.

SOSAGES 24-12-2007 11:45

big thing about JFK getting shot in the head as his head went backwards (i think) after being shot so they assumed someone was in front of him shooting him but thats not the case

AntiSilence 24-12-2007 17:57

Alone In The Dark - 7/10. Not bad, but not scary enough.

CycoSymz 26-12-2007 12:36

Shoot 'em up - 9/10 - Absolutely stunning action film. The soundtrack complements the action brilliantly. I didn't know you could do that many things with a carrot.

Xaccers 26-12-2007 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSAGES (Post 34457328)
I am Legend:
i wonder what arnie would of done in it... Anyway it was ok i knew as soon as i saw a cute animal in it that my wife would cover her head with a blanket every time the animal looked likely to be in trouble.
An ok remake kinda different films - It ignore the book a lot but thats ok. I think it was to short for a film about everyone on earth either dying or being eaten by nasties.
Will Smith was very good and the sound track was awesome :) A bit of me kept wishing that they would follow the books plot just a little as i got a faint glimpse of it early on but ho hum.
7/10 - Nice will smith - to short not enough closure.

Yeah, more info would be interesting, such as how the trap was copied, like how they got hold of a stud gun that could fire into concrete like his.
I think after the point where most patrons started crying, the film went down hill and was a bit meh.
Might get the book when I have time.

Paul 28-12-2007 17:20

Went to see St.Trinians today - really funny and entertaining.

greencreeper 28-12-2007 21:05

I watched Hostel II. I never saw the original - damn glad I didn't. I have a strong stomach, but my roast lamb dinner ended up returned to the oven, pending the end of the film. I had a bit of a "gulp" moment when he slipped with the angle grinder :disturbd: And the ending - suppose the lamb could have been toad in the hole :erm: No real plot - just a lot of excessive violence and gore. Not sure why they make movies like this - 2/10

Also, Mrs Henderson presents. Only 3 stars in the Radio Times, but I quite enjoyed it. Very emotional in places. Plot a little thin, but entertaining none-the-less. Slight disappointment at being given only a brief, side-on glimpse of Will Young's giblets. Plus the full-on-naked-tubby-hair-bear-horror of Bob Hoskins :disturbd: 8/10

<crosses Eastern Europe off the "places to visit" list>

peanut 28-12-2007 21:08

I thought Hostel 1 was very much more graphic than part 2, I didn't like part 2 much myself, boring and not enough gore. It's the same as the 'Saw' franchises, you don't watch them for plot or story. The gorier the better I'm affraid.

zing_deleted 28-12-2007 21:17

Went to see Enchanted does exactly what it says on the tin Bethia and her mate loved it and I thought it was a nice film :)

greencreeper 28-12-2007 21:21

<makes note to avoid Suffolk area>

:p:

bopdude 28-12-2007 23:51

National Treasure 2, what you'd expect IMHO, watchable tale :shrug: 5/10

SOSAGES 29-12-2007 00:44

films like hostel 1-2 saw 1-4 are a little odd.
i spend a lot of time with my eyes closed waiting for the nasty stuff to end :)
in hostel 2 i wasnt keen on the woman hung upside down and ripped open, it was an interesting way to die but not nice to watch :)

watched:
undercover brother - well what more could i want from a film. Its silly and funny, probably not for girls or if you didnt like aeroplane / hotshots etc

Solid! 9/10 - we got the funk!

greencreeper 29-12-2007 01:39

Just watched The History Boys. Very affecting film - parallels to my own life, and very moving at the end. I thought the ending with Miss Jones looking back, particularly inspired and yet sad. Still a bit upset now. I do love Bennett - he thinks like me. I don't have his education though. At school, I was just bored. We used to have sets, and I was usually stuck in the higher ones. Something about potential. I didn't want to learn what they wanted to teach, nor in the way they taught it. That's education for you - one size fits all. A template for thinking for the rest of your life. Supression of individuality. Some of you on here show it quite clearly. 10/10

Stephen 29-12-2007 01:55

Alvin and the Chipmunks - 7/10

Great fun and brought back a lot of memories of being a kid.

greencreeper 29-12-2007 02:04

There's something beautiful in the juxtaposition of History Boys and Alvin and the Chipmunks. From such heights, to such lows :D

bayonet 29-12-2007 08:16

American Gangster watch Denzel act Russell Crowe off the screen 7 0ut of 10
Bit of a limp ending made you want to know more.
Jungle Book 40th anniversary edition still knocks spots off any of Disney's other feature length cartoons. 10 out of 10

Tricky 29-12-2007 12:43

Casino Royale 3/10
Great start but dragged out too much towards the end
What happened to the original bond

Tezcatlipoca 31-12-2007 19:59

I Am Legend.

Great stuff. 8/10

alferret 31-12-2007 20:57

Captivity

Very predictable plot, ok acting and a slight twist at the end that I didnt predict.

4\10

The Omega Man

God you can tell its a 1974 film but very well acted, I think Heston done a good job with the script he was given I dont know how far it deviated from the book but from what I have read elsewhere it was a virtual re-write and that Matheson didnt want his name connected with the film.

7\10

popper 31-12-2007 21:41

talking about The Omega Man, thats by far the better option if your thinking of seeing I Am Legend is a 2007 post-apocalyptic science fiction horror film directed by Francis Lawrence and starring Will Smith. Smith plays virologist Robert Neville, possibly Earth's only human survivor of a man-made virus. He works to create a cure while living in a city inhabited by nocturnal mutant victims of the plague. "

IAL is total and utter tosh on story, and very little more on acting, the FX are werth a small mention and thats about it.

shame really, as the zombie and his dogs could have been SO MUCH more for plotline, but ill not say anything more, as this version of the story is so shallow id give the whole film away by saying anything more....

Tezcatlipoca 01-01-2008 19:51

RoboCop (Blu-ray Disc)

9/10. Classic stuff.

To think that Verhoeven later went on to do "Showgirls"... :rolleyes:

Maggy 01-01-2008 20:06

Just saw Finding Neverland..loved it.Absolute magic.

10/10 for the perfect weepy afternoon film.

Now they are watching Diehard 4.

tried to watch it until the first impossible stunt move.:rolleyes:

Stuart 01-01-2008 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by bopdude (Post 34460486)
National Treasure 2, what you'd expect IMHO, watchable tale :shrug: 5/10

I'll be watching that partly because I enjoyed the first (I like brainless Indiana Jones style actioners) and partly because a lot of the London scenes were filmed in and around where I work.

The last film I saw? 300..

Good points? Lena Headey (soon to appear on V1 in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles").

Bad points? Pretty much everything else. In short, I found it to be one of the most boring films I have ever seen, and I wasn't too upset when my licence to watch it on Xbox Live expired before I had finished watching it.

tweetypie/8 03-01-2008 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 210980)
(thread idea lifted from another forum ;) :) )

Here goes......

Last night: "Underworld" (DVD) - good, better than I expected. I'd give it....7/10

Just finished watching: "Equilibrium" (DVD) - surprisingly very good. Good story, good cast, great action & fight scenes. Easily better than the awful Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions. Score: 8/10.

bucket list,jack nicholsan,morgan freeman,great film great story 8/10 :D

die5el 03-01-2008 13:07

The last film i saw was I am Legend worse film i had seen in ages 0 out of 10 rather had watched paint dry

SOSAGES 03-01-2008 13:27

no country for old men -
i must be the only person who isnt a coen brothers fan but i gave it a go anyway. Good acting, good plot. No music made the film a little strange to start with but it was a clever idea i feel. Anyway the last 30 mins of the film kinda sucked and were boring but such is life :) The killing machine dude was awesome :)

5/10

Good luck chuck:
romcom/sex comedy - I didnt laugh and i didnt watch it for the sexy lady.
2/10 please try harder.

Hugh 03-01-2008 20:02

I Am Legend - 7/10

ikthius 03-01-2008 20:25

really pants.

thank god I only paid £5 from play otherwise I would have burned my house down with disappointment

ik

Zee 04-01-2008 01:59

The Kite Runner - 9/10

This movie is deep and shows the life of people in Afghanistan during the taliban rule... this movie was hard for me to watch and was very emotional since im an Afghan myself and i know what it was like to live in Afghanistan during the Taliban rule.

It would have got 10/10 rating from me but there were a few flaws, in this movie they showed the Taliban speaking in Dari, infact the Taliban almost 100% of the time speak in Pashto, the rest of the speaking from the other cast was in Dari and that was fine since it was mostly in Kabul where Dari is spoken more then Pashto.

A few other flaws was in the way they spoke the words in Dari, it didn't always make sense, now for someone who doesn't understand Dari and read the translation its fine, but when you understand the language and are taking more note of the speaking rather then the translation flaws are easily noticed...

Its disgusting what the Pashtun Afghans do to the Hazara Afghans (Chinese looking ones) tho... and it is usually much worse then they show.

anyways.... please go and see this movie! 9/10

zing_deleted 05-01-2008 17:32

Death Sentence watched the unrated version of this and its a very brutal film well worth the watch

greencreeper 05-01-2008 18:28

Watched Bully last night on Film4 - very good movie. Was surprised at the sentences though. 9/10

papa smurf 06-01-2008 11:21

AVP-requiem .. all the action scenes are in the dark so its a bit hard to see whats going on , not impressed .

Stephen 06-01-2008 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 34465377)
AVP-requiem .. all the action scenes are in the dark so its a bit hard to see whats going on , not impressed .

I bet it would be easier to see in the cinema:D

dilli-theclaw 06-01-2008 13:55

Voyage to the bottom of the sea :) - Um, wet......

Nice sub....

greencreeper 06-01-2008 15:07

What was it about, Jefferson - the Russian navy?

dilli-theclaw 06-01-2008 15:11

t's an old science fiction film (that got turned into a series) they save the earth from catastophie and all that.

I do like old science fiction films it must be said.

kryogenik 06-01-2008 15:38

30 Days Of Night. Enjoyed it.
It did maintain a very low level of cheesyness with the main character throughout, but the Vamps were ace. Great concept too-a town that has a full month of no sunlight. Perfect vampire territory!
:D
Unfortunately, the cheese wins in the end, but in a cool-ish way if that's possible. Not quite a happy ending, if a little cringeworthy.

Stuart 06-01-2008 22:27

The Golden Compass..

V. Good film. The direct references to the church are gone, but are still implied (this is by design apparently). Excellent cast, a good adaptation of the story in the books, and occasionally good special FX (the daemons sometimes look a little fake, which is curious, as they form a major part of the story).

7/10.

peanut 07-01-2008 00:11

American Pie : Beta House

Why did I bother??

2/10 (for the decent amount of juggies) :)

greencreeper 07-01-2008 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jefferson T (Post 34465489)
t's an old science fiction film (that got turned into a series) they save the earth from catastophie and all that.

I do like old science fiction films it must be said.

Um, I know - thought I'd make an attempt at a bit of humour :rolleyes: :D

duan333 07-01-2008 02:30

American Gangster- I liked it, was a bit of escapist entertainment and should continue to do well at the box office.

alferret 12-01-2008 20:53

30 Days of Night.

Excellent if somewhat OTT decapitation fest let down by a lack lustre performance from the male lead Josh Harnett.

The effects are very credible with some good camera shots especially near the begining with the overview of the town looking down on the vampyre's killing the towns folk.

Gonna find the book to have a read as I feel this will give the characters a lot more deepth.

Gets an http://forum.joomla.org/Smileys/joomla/popcorn.gif 8\10 from me.

Hugh 12-01-2008 21:57

Charlie Wilson's War - 7/10

Anything that Aaron Sorkin writes gets at least a 5 from me, but I enjoyed the film - something for hawks, something for liberals, and attempts to show what happens if we don't finish things off properly (imho).

zing_deleted 01-02-2008 14:40

Just watched The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford. This is a splendid film Brad Pitt at his best 10/10

Stephen 01-02-2008 16:19

AVP: Requim 8/10 great film and good to see it improving on the first AVP which wasn't that great.

admars 01-02-2008 18:41

Watched "No Country for Old Men" last week, excellent, 8/10
seeing "Sweeney Todd" tomorrow night

Mal 01-02-2008 22:25

Cloverfield - 9/10

I enjoyed it, even though there were similarities to two other films...

Tezcatlipoca 01-02-2008 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal (Post 34481356)
Cloverfield - 9/10

I enjoyed it, even though there were similarities to two other films...

"The Blair Godzilla Project"?

Mal 01-02-2008 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34481368)
"The Blair Godzilla Project"?

Okay, three movies then, with the Blair Witch Project for the camera work ;)

The other one was Alien...it's one of those films that if I say much more, it will spoil it for other people... ;)

I still enjoyed it though...

AntiSilence 02-02-2008 01:53

I Am Legend

6/10. I liked it, but there didn't seem to be a lot happening. Could have done more with it I think, it had potential.

TheBlueRaja 02-02-2008 10:12

No country for old men, 9/10

An amazing bad guy and some really good suspense, a real edge of the seat film.

SOSAGES 02-02-2008 11:17

NCFOM got a bit slow towards the end..almost 2 different films.

TraxData 02-02-2008 14:31

AVP2 - 2/10 Terrible acting, action scenes were just too dark, totally a way to finish off what is left of the alien franchise.

New Rambo 10/10 Nice to see stallone still kickin **** at his age :D