Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   New Name? Virgin Home (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=49406)

macca101 02-07-2006 11:11

New Name? Virgin Home

Hey folks,

A Newbie here and the first topic that I have posted so sorry if it has been placed before. Couldn't find one on this.

Since Virgin Mobile becomes part of NTL on Tuesday anybody got any ideas of what the most likely new name for the company is going to be.

Been told that it should be Virgin Home. Heard a few more but his is said to be the most likely. Any of you guys know any more.

Cheers folks

zing_deleted 02-07-2006 11:24

Re: New Name? Virgin Home

:welcome: how about National Telecomunications limited or NTL for sure (ill get my coat) :D

Timeless Stew 02-07-2006 11:32

Virgin on Demand :D

Simply Gray 02-07-2006 11:43

How about Many Internet Services & Telecommunications - Always Kaput External Support Limited or Mistakes Limited for short.

thelem 02-07-2006 12:18

At one point they seemed to be heading for "Virgin Vision", but this now seems less likely. I'd bet on it being one of Virgin Home, Virgin Communications or Virgin.net

poolking 02-07-2006 12:22

or what about $$$ Ltd :D

Bill C 02-07-2006 12:30

This would fit best

ACFU

Another Company ****ed Up

Enuff 02-07-2006 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Stew
Virgin on Demand :D

More like Virgin on the Ridiculous. :D Or Virgin on the Take?

Bill C 02-07-2006 13:04

I feel so sorry for Virgin. Wonder how long before the NTL effect will ruin them.

Chrysalis 02-07-2006 15:02

if they change the name on tues it proves they dont care about customer satisfaction since I still remember them saying they wanted to sort out the problems before changing the brand.

Taf 02-07-2006 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb
:welcome: how about National Telecomunications limited or NTL for sure (ill get my coat) :D

National Transcommunications Limited ;)

Too hot for a coat!

Stephen 02-07-2006 15:44

NTL will not be changing their name anytime soon. THe merger might complete on tuesday however it will be early next year at least beofre any changing of names takes place.

Same goes for Telewest both companys still provide seperate services and acting as individual companies.

I did hear that the Virgin name will not be used until NTL's Customer service has improved

macca101 02-07-2006 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthYoda
NTL will not be changing their name anytime soon. THe merger might complete on tuesday however it will be early next year at least beofre any changing of names takes place.

Same goes for Telewest both companys still provide seperate services and acting as individual companies.

I did hear that the Virgin name will not be used until NTL's Customer service has improved

Yeah think that is right.

Have to get Telewest and NTL together first of all but I'm told that is all going at full speed, and really moving quicker than expected.

With NTL paying £30 million or what ever to Branson from when the takeover happens I can't see it being too long. Virgin Comms seems like a good one.

Asks another question though, anybody know what is happening with the Business side, know that has changed to NTL:Telewest, will that go to Virgin Branding too, could see that happening quicker as the Customer Service is much better.

georgepomone 02-07-2006 19:57

Hi All,
name changes mean nothing.I'm not sure that in this case it is money well spent. It's the way the company treats customers that is important.There is no magic with the name of Virgin.Ntl could have done just the same as regards customer service etc without changing the name.
George.

Stuart 02-07-2006 20:05

Companies often change their name if the old one has a bad reputation. Anderson Consulting were one of several Arthur Anderson companies involved in the Enron scandal. Rather than try and weather the storm, they changed their name to "accenture".

It is shallow, but people DO seem ready to give a bad company another chance if it changes it's name.