Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705924)

Cable Forum 13-01-2018 14:18

President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

New Thread.

There is several U.S Election 2016 Investigations:

They are:

Robert Mueller's Special Council investigation in Russian meddling in the U.S Election in 2016 and whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

U.S Inspector General Investigation in the abuses of Power within the several branches of government. i.e Department of Justice and the FBI leading up to the Election and beyond.

Mick 13-01-2018 14:33

Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

I was planning on starting a new thread anyway and today is that day.

Just because the old thread had only 'Trump' in the title, did not mean he was the only thing to be discussed in that topic. So new thread and a title that is more inclusive.

Mr Banana 13-01-2018 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35932358)
I was planning on starting a new thread anyway and today is that day.

Just because the old thread had only 'Trump' in the title, did not mean he was the only thing to be discussed in that topic. So new thread and a title that is more inclusive.

Back to your last post on the previous thread - I have no issue with anyone defending Trump - however I do have an issue when people defend a lie that he told. He blatantly lied when he said Obama gave the embassy away for peanuts. How can you defend that?

Mick 13-01-2018 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35932360)
Back to your last post on the previous thread - I have no issue with anyone defending Trump - however I do have an issue when people defend a lie that he told. He blatantly lied when he said Obama gave the embassy away for peanuts. How can you defend that?

Where in that thread did I defend him that he didn't lie about the embassy?

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Yep just checked, I never brought the embassy issue up once. So not sure where I can be accused of defending a lie when I have not even discussed the issue you raise and no I have not deleted any post just incase you suggest it. (other mods can check this in log). :)

Mr Banana 13-01-2018 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35932361)
Where in that thread did I defend him that he didn't lie about the embassy?

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Yep just checked, I never brought the embassy issue up once. So not sure where I can be accused of defending a lie when I have not even discussed the issue you raise and no I have not deleted any post just incase you suggest it. (other mods can check this in log). :)

Apologies I have looked again and the post I was referring to is not in defence of the lie, you were pointing out that he should come anyway but probably thinks is a shit hole, thanks to the current Mayor ( I agree with that as well)

pip08456 13-01-2018 15:30

Evidence of BIAS and CORRUPTION on Mueller's Team Keeps Piling Up (allegedly}

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/h...eps-piling-up/

Mr K 13-01-2018 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35932369)

Hardly a NEUTRAL site ! Didn't the same guy dispute Obama's birthplace and generally makes right wing conspiracy crap up ? A Trump disciple !

GrimUpNorth 13-01-2018 15:51

So when the going gets tough on the old thread, change the title (and terms of reference). Nice move Mick.

Cheers

Dave

Hugh 13-01-2018 15:52

Could you provide some background to the second part of your opening comment, please?
Quote:

U.S Inspector General Investigation in the abuses of Power within the several branches of government. i.e Department of Justice and the FBI leading up to the Election and beyond.
I’ve searched using the first part of that phrase "U.S Inspector General Investigation in the abuses of Power" and all I can find (besides general FAQs on the IG’s office) are articles about the possible misconduct of senior Trump Administration officials in the firing of James Comey and other matters, but nothing about any actual investigations that are underway.

https://www.brennancenter.org/press-...ble-misconduct
Quote:

Groups Urge DOJ Inspector General to Investigate Senior Officials' Possible Misconduct in Comey Firing
May 31, 2017

Washington, D.C. — Concerned by the nature of the involvement of the attorney general and deputy attorney general in the termination of FBI Director James Comey, the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law, the Center for American Progress, American Oversight, and Professor Kathleen Clark sent a letter today to Michael E. Horowitz, inspector general of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), urging that the DOJ Office of the Inspector General begin an investigation into possible abuse and misconduct by senior DOJ officials in connection with Comey’s firing.

“There are a number of unanswered questions about the role senior Department of Justice officials played in the firing of James Comey,” said Wendy Weiser, director of the Brennan Center’s Democracy Program. “A public investigation led by the nonpartisan inspector general is key to getting to those answers. A democracy guided by accountability and the rule of law demands nothing less.”
Is that what you meant?

There’s this one about the DoJ IG http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...linton-and-CNN
Quote:

Inspector general should probe DOJ on Clinton and CNN

The inspector general for the Department of Justice should investigate whether the Trump administration is applying unethical or illegal political pressure on the DOJ in ways similar to those leading to the articles of impeachment passed by the House Judiciary Committee against Richard Nixon in 1974.

In particular, the inspector general should consider two specifics matters

First, is Attorney General Jeff Sessions pressuring subordinates to pursue an investigation or prosecution of Hillary Clinton for partisan political reasons, without any basis in law or fact?

Second, is the DOJ opposing the merger of AT&T and Time Warner after political pressure from President Trump or those acting on his behalf, for the purpose of attacking CNN, a media organization Trump has repeatedly attacked, and to intimidate other media organizations, which the president has also viciously attacked?
However, none of these are about any actual investigations by an OIG, just about people wanting an OIG to investigate something (which is a completely different thing).

btw, which OIG do you mean, as there are 73 of them, as each (but not all) Federal agencies have their own OIG?

Update: I looked on the DoJ OIG website, and in the news section, found these -

https://oig.justice.gov/press/2017/2017-01-12.pdf
Quote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 12, 2017

DOJ OIG Announces Initiation of Review

Department of Justice Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz announced today that, in response to requests from numerous Chairmen and Ranking Members of Congressional oversight committees, various organizations, and members of the public, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) will initiate a review of allegations regarding certain actions by the Department of Justice (Department) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in advance of the 2016 election. Cognizant of the scope of the OIG’s jurisdiction under Section 8E of the Inspector General Act, the review will examine the following issues:

• Allegations that Department or FBI policies or procedures were not followed in connection with, or in actions leading up to or related to, the FBI Director’s public announcement on July 5, 2016, and the Director’s letters to Congress on October 28 and November 6, 2016, and that certain underlying investigative decisions were based on improper considerations;

• Allegations that the FBI Deputy Director should have been recused from participating in certain investigative matters;

• Allegations that the Department’s Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs improperly disclosed non-public information to the Clinton campaign and/or should have been recused from participating in certain matters;

• Allegations that Department and FBI employees improperly disclosed non-public information;

and

• Allegations that decisions regarding the timing of the FBI’s release of certain Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) documents on October 30 and November 1, 2016, and the use of a Twitter account to publicize same, were influenced by improper considerations.

The review will not substitute the OIG’s judgment for the judgments made by the FBI or the Department regarding the substantive merits of investigative or prosecutive decisions. Finally, if circumstances warrant, the OIG will consider including other issues that may arise during the course of the review.
https://oig.justice.gov/press/2017/2017-12-02.pdf
Quote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 2, 2017

The Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General released the following statement in response to inquiries today:

The January 2017 statement issued by the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General (OIG) announcing its review of allegations regarding various actions of the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation in advance of the 2016 election stated that the OIG review would, among other things, consider whether certain underlying investigative decisions were based on improper considerations and that we also would include issues that might arise during the course of the review. The OIG has been reviewing allegations involving communications between certain individuals, and will report its findings regarding those allegations promptly upon completion of the review of them.

pip08456 13-01-2018 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35932371)
Hardly a NEUTRAL site ! Didn't the same guy dispute Obama's birthplace and generally makes right wing conspiracy crap up ? A Trump disciple !

Did you not notice the allegedly in brackets that I added?

passingbat 13-01-2018 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35932369)

It's Fox News and Hannity. It won't be believed or even analysed.

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35932371)

Yes pip08456, you really should have used the BBC to get a 'NEUTRAL' source, or maybe the Grauniad ;)

Hugh 13-01-2018 20:43

Ah, the old ‘biased BBC’ meme, ignoring the fact that the Left think the Beeb is right wing, the Right think the Beeb is left wing, when in fact, it is biased (imho) towards the centre (which is why left and right wingers think it is biased - it is to the right of left wingers, and to the left of right wingers).

Hannity is to the right of right wingers, and unashamedly proud of it.

passingbat 13-01-2018 20:47

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by passingbat

This kind of thing, which I posted earlier.

Regarding the 'insurance policy, that Prety much means telling the states where Trump won that they are incapable of making the correct decision so We'll do t for you. (very New World Order)

There appears to be a bunch of highly influential decision makers, living outside of the law, pushing their own (globalist) agenda, This has been going on for years. Hopefully, Trump can in some part expose it.

Quote:

1Andrew1 replied:
That's all spin financed by offshore hedge funds keen to get the establishment player Donald Trump in a position of power for them.
https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...-robert-mercer
Quote:

Passingbat replied
You are welcome to to your opinion but l'll stick to mine.

Hugh 13-01-2018 20:52

That must be why he’s going to Davos - to expose it.

Trump, a multinational property developer depending on funds from multi-national banks, who hired for his administration senior execs from multi-national corporations, fighting the ‘globalists’ - yeh, right....

passingbat 13-01-2018 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35932412)
Ah, the old ‘biased BBC’ meme, ignoring the fact that the Left think the Beeb is right wing, the Right think the Beeb is left wing, when in fact, it is biased (imho) towards the centre (which is why left and right wingers think it is biased - it is to the right of left wingers, and to the left of right wingers).

Hannity is to the right of right wingers, and unashamedly proud of it.

Hannity is very right wing; not my bag. But that is not why I watch. He seems, along with Investigative reporter Sara Carter and John Solomon from The Hill and a few others, got some very interesting evidence together. that needs to be exposed and investigated further. It's like pulling teeth but the authorities are now getting email evidence.

That 'insurance' bit should shock and concern all Americans, as should Hillary being exonerated before the investigation was even done.