Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Official Star Wars Saga (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707593)

denphone 21-10-2019 17:11

Re: Official Star Wars Saga

Quote:

Originally Posted by admars (Post 36014604)
cineworld doing triple bill, so I guess other cinemas will?

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/2d...7-9/ho00007089

They have just these last few days opened a Cineworld in our city for the first time.

General Maximus 21-10-2019 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by admars (Post 36014416)
really? I remember getting them no problem about 30 mins before they were meant to go on sale, i gave it a go as that worked previous year :), i think before that it was a nightmare

the previous year I think they went up at midnight and I had half an hour of refreshes and mucking about. Last year was horrendous. I think they went up at 14:00 and I didn't get mine till 18:00. The website was down, the phone lines were down, the whole world had come to an end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by admars (Post 36014604)
cineworld doing triple bill, so I guess other cinemas will?]

that's a good idea, I didn't think of that. Triple bills are very rare these days so I'll go just for the theatre. I'll take a pillow with me so I can sleep through TLJ :)

The tickets are defo going up tomorrow at Odeon but there is no mention of a triple bill yet.

Paul 22-10-2019 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36014414)
we'll see how long the Odeon site goes down for this year. I think I was trying for 3 hours last year before I was able to get my ticket and what a disappointment it all turned out to be :p

Dont go, then you wont be disappointed :D

(which does seem to happen to you a lot ;)).

admars 22-10-2019 05:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36014663)

The tickets are defo going up tomorrow at Odeon but there is no mention of a triple bill yet.

there is on facebook https://www.facebook.com/ODEON/

6:00 force awakens
9:00 last jedi
00:01 rise of skywalker

admars 22-10-2019 09:07

odeon tickets are on sale - no probs :)

denphone 22-10-2019 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36014695)
Dont go, then you wont be disappointed :D

(which does seem to happen to you a lot ;)).

Its amazing how he has become such a harsh critic.:D

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by admars (Post 36014699)
there is on facebook https://www.facebook.com/ODEON/

6:00 force awakens
9:00 last jedi
00:01 rise of skywalker

Thanks as l have just seen it.:D

General Maximus 22-10-2019 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by admars (Post 36014707)
odeon tickets are on sale - no probs :)

got it thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36014708)
Its amazing how he has become such a harsh critic.:D

this year has been the worst year in a very long time for both movie and tv series so I think my criticism is well deserved :) I have been working my way through Smallville this year during my lunch breaks and over the last couple of weeks I have been Spartacus in the evenings instead of the returning series which have just started up again. There used to be so much good stuff around and these days it is very much a case of quantity over quality. Game of Thrones has gone now so in terms of actual properly good current series there is only Greys Anatomy and The Expanse and soon to be Star Trek Picard. I miss the good old days when in the same week you would have Alias, Friends, SG1, Smallville, Buffy, Star Trek and many other excellent series.

Paul 23-10-2019 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36014785)
this year has been the worst year in a very long time for both movie and tv series so I think my criticism is well deserved :)

Not really, thats just your opinion.
I have no problem with the movies and TV series this year. :)

Hugh 23-10-2019 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36014785)
got it thanks

this year has been the worst year in a very long time for both movie and tv series so I think my criticism is well deserved :) I have been working my way through Smallville this year during my lunch breaks and over the last couple of weeks I have been Spartacus in the evenings instead of the returning series which have just started up again. There used to be so much good stuff around and these days it is very much a case of quantity over quality. Game of Thrones has gone now so in terms of actual properly good current series there is only Greys Anatomy and The Expanse and soon to be Star Trek Picard. I miss the good old days when in the same week you would have Alias, Friends, SG1, Smallville, Buffy, Star Trek and many other excellent series.

Well, at the moment we have, or had, Watchmen, Young Sheldon, The Rookie, Batwoman, The Good Place, Jack Ryan, Too Old To Die Young, The Goldbergs, Black-ish, Billions, Ballers, What We Do In The Shadows, Motherland, World On Fire, Defending The Guilty, Line of Duty (series 5), Chernobyl, Years and Years, Good Omens, Killing Eve (season 2), Catch 22, Stranger Things, Fleabag, Derry Girls - and that's just off the top of my head...

General Maximus 23-10-2019 11:12

I'll give you Stranger Things and Chernobyl, absolutely superb and I should have mentioned them.

denphone 24-10-2019 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36014792)
Not really, thats just your opinion.
I have no problem with the movies and TV series this year. :)

Same here.:)

pip08456 23-11-2019 17:25

denphone 23-11-2019 19:23

Not long now as they say..:hyper::hyper:

pip08456 25-11-2019 16:13

Stephen 25-11-2019 16:26

Oh god, that clip was dreadful.