Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : Paradox : Season 1 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33658448)

Paul 25-11-2009 10:13

Paradox : Season 1

Did anyone see this last night ?

A series of images were sent to a scientist, that were from an accident 18 hours in the future, he reports them to the Police and they end up trying to figure out what happened, before it happens.

It was quite good in the end, there are four more in the series.

Chris 25-11-2009 10:22

Re: Paradox : Season 1

It was very good, real edge-of-your-seat stuff, especially towards the end. I hope the rest of the episodes can keep it up. Part 1 had an advantage in that we don't know whether it's possible for the team to change the outcome or not. As the series progresses, one way or another it's going to be harder for them to maintain the suspense as the finale approaches. But, let's not be pessimistic, this was very good TV, especially when you consider it was S01E01, where they have to establish the characters and the premise as well as telling a decent story.

Pog66 25-11-2009 11:57

TO be honest was a bit disappointed - a great idea & good plotline but, IMHO, appallingly delivered.

1) why only 3 policeman investigating ? !!
2) They found the bridge after about 30 mins - why not close the road and stop trains going over it?
3) Surely they should have been able to trace Kirsty, find out she wouldn't be directly involved and get the mobile number of the tanker driver?

If 1) & 2) was because no one else was taking the scientist seriously then they should have made ore of this being the case.

Anyway - will persevere - next week could be interesting with beardy-tamsin-snogger-bloke looking like he get's it

Paul 25-11-2009 13:54

Re 1 & 2 - because they werent taking it too seriously to start with (until it was too late).

moaningmags 25-11-2009 14:24

I thought it was really good and will be watching next week.

Mick Fisher 25-11-2009 16:02

I wasn't very impressed but will give it a chance to develop a bit more.

papa smurf 25-11-2009 18:23

loved it

NoKnowledge 01-12-2009 14:36

E02 tonight @ 9PM

Pog66 02-12-2009 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoKnowledge (Post 34919023)
E02 tonight @ 9PM

enjoyed last nights episode more than the first - cracking ending - looking forward to next week.

Chris 02-12-2009 14:59

Hmmm

Wasn't so impressed with last night. The dialogue was a bit clunky and at times was blatantly being used as a narrative device in a way that leaves me wondering whether the director lacked confidence in the ability of her cast to simply convey what theyr'e thinking or feeling by their acting prowess.

The show clearly wants to explore Big Issues about predestination, fate and God, but again, rather than playing it subtly and letting the events speak for themselves it's up there, signposted in big lights and horns in the dialogue.

There are also a number of places in episode 2 where the needs of the plot starts forcing characters to act in a certain way, rather than vice versa. Why, for example, at the very end, is the DS to 'never find out how close he came to dying?' Why is the DI so quick and willing to start breaking, entering and lying her way round Manchester like a latter-day Gene Hunt? Why is the goody-goody DC so compliant, kissing his cross one minute, playing getaway driver the next? How much does the DCI know about what's going on? Why does she ask so few questions?

This still has potential, but unfortunately, last night, now they've got the immediate needs of establishing characters and the basic premise out of the way, they had too much time on their hands to fill with nonsense.

NoKnowledge 02-12-2009 15:49

"Throw the phone in the gutter" and (the gutter just happened to be right next to the car the two detectives were in). Yeah right.

Mick Fisher 02-12-2009 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pog66 (Post 34919680)
enjoyed last nights episode more than the first - cracking ending - looking forward to next week.

I agree.

Paul 02-12-2009 16:57

Why not just take the battery out of the phone ?

Anyway, it was ok, but I hope its not now going to go down the line of them saving the people every time.

Mick Fisher 02-12-2009 20:42

Last nights Ep seemed to establish that a future can be changed.

So lets see what develops from that.

Paul 09-12-2009 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 34919761)
I hope its not now going to go down the line of them saving the people every time.

Hmmm, saved just in time again. Pity, its a good program, but its going to lose its edge if it becomes predictable like this every week.