Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Netflix/Streaming Services (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33695779)

denphone 25-03-2020 17:59

Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36028983)
Disney+, big deal....

Crikey are you ever happy MM.:D

1andrew1 25-03-2020 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36028984)

:D:D:D I thought even MM woud be happy with that launch, even if it's not on VM just yet!

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36028949)
I was not suggesting that Disney offers any discount to VM. I was suggesting that VM use the money they were paying Hayu to reduce the cost of Disney + to their top end subscribers.

Or maybe VM might consider bundling all the streamers and offering a discount on that to the value of the Hayu cost. Both Sky and VM are able to offer multiple TV channels at a discount so the same should be happening for a bouquet of streamers. Surely, this would generate more VM subscribers taking the full package, so it would be worth doing this.

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

On your first post, that was a hell of a long time for Hayu to be offering a freebie to Virgin Media, so I doubt that was the case. Three months maybe, six at a stretch, but no longer than that.

As for Comcast owning Sky and Hayu, that would certainly make perfect sense.

On the second post, I think the beer is more likely at this time! :D

Or maybe Corona lager...

Yup, you probably have a point about the length of the Hayu deal.
I suspect there's probably some good deals on that particular brand of beer at the moment. They must be cursing the virus having the same name.

denphone 25-03-2020 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36028986)
:D:D:D I thought even MM woud be happy with that launch, even if it's not on VM just yet!

Cable Forum's version of Victor Meldrew perhaps.;)

Mad Max 25-03-2020 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36028984)

Oh yes, quite a lot, Den, but I have no interest in kids telly or even bigger kids movies :D

Mad Max 27-03-2020 13:46

I blame the Mexicans...

Hugh 27-03-2020 14:05

some pointless niggling/sniping posts removed - if this keeps up, it won’t only be the posts that get removed.

denphone 27-03-2020 19:07

Well our 3 month pass offer ended today for Now TV and now they have given us another one for £1.80 a month.:)

1andrew1 27-03-2020 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36029279)
Well our 3 month pass offer ended today for Now TV and now they have given us another one for £1.80 a month.:)

i think they're doing it to keep you watching Now TV and not swapping it for Disney+. When the marketing for Disney+ dies down, I suspect your discount will too.
Did you have to threaten to leave or did they just offer it to you?

denphone 27-03-2020 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36029281)
i think they're doing it to keep you watching Now TV and not swapping it for Disney+. When the marketing for Disney+ dies down, I suspect your discount will too.

;)

Mad Max 28-03-2020 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36029279)

Same here, Den, just shows you what can be offered for a very reasonable price, some other providers should take heed!

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36029281)

I was just offered it.

Chris 28-03-2020 23:25

It can’t be offered at that price - not sustainably. They make a calculation about how likely the discount is to retain you in the longer term, eventually at full price. If you’re a good prospect then they give it you for pennies. Supermarkets call it a loss leader. It doesn’t make them any money but it gets you in the door so they can turn a profit off you in the next aisle.

ozsat 29-03-2020 18:25

The Invisable Man (2020) is currently £9.99 on VM - still £15.99 everywhere else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 36028231)
At £15.99 a pop

SonicMaster 29-03-2020 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36029531)
The Invisable Man (2020) is currently £9.99 on VM - still £15.99 everywhere else.

With cinemas closing, we've secured some brand new films on current release to watch now on Virgin Movies, and at a reduced price for our customers. These are Emma, The Hunt and The Invisible Man – ideal when the kids are in bed – and Trolls World Tour from April.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update

Legendkiller2k 29-03-2020 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicMaster (Post 36029533)
With cinemas closing, we've secured some brand new films on current release to watch now on Virgin Movies, and at a reduced price for our customers. These are Emma, The Hunt and The Invisible Man – ideal when the kids are in bed – and Trolls World Tour from April.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update

Well done to VM for catching up with everyone else.

SonicMaster 29-03-2020 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k (Post 36029538)
Well done to VM for catching up with everyone else.

Huh? VM are offering these movies for £6 less than Sky, BT, TalkTalk, Amazon, Rakuten etc so that's not catching up.