Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   4K : Eurosport UHD no sound (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710257)

horno46 25-07-2021 22:34

Eurosport UHD no sound

Anyone else have picture but no sound on Eurosport UHD?

heavyside 26-07-2021 08:22

Re: Eurosport UHD no sound

I am not a sports fan but I did watch a little of the OG coverage on Eurosport 4K. I only had ambient sound and no comentary - if there was a comentary. The picture quality however was excellent. If only Sky Movies had similar PQ.

horno46 26-07-2021 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyside (Post 36087439)
I am not a sports fan but I did watch a little of the OG coverage on Eurosport 4K. I only had ambient sound and no comentary - if there was a comentary. The picture quality however was excellent. If only Sky Movies had similar PQ.

I've just realised to my shame that I meant commentary not sound ,😭

pip08456 26-07-2021 08:45

Welcome to Discovery being a sports provider.

cheekyangus 26-07-2021 09:43

My V6 glitched and recorded both the Eurosport 1 and later starting UHD coverage of the Men's Cycling Road Race. I actually ended up watching BBC coverage live on BBC1 and Red Button HD but I looked at the UHD later, and my impression is that Discovery did nothing other than overlay a logo. Not only was there no commentary but there were no advert breaks and the video kept going for a long time after with landscape footage, etc, like there was nobody in the Eurosport control room.

Basically I think they were using the raw footage from the Olympics Broadcasting organisation, hence no commentary, and the long pariod of watching ALL the finishers with no intercuts to studio or ads, and the long pans around the local area scenery for what felt like half an hour after the race. (I viewed it in FFW if you were wondering if I watched all this padding.)

pip08456 26-07-2021 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36087447)
My V6 glitched and recorded both the Eurosport 1 and later starting UHD coverage of the Men's Cycling Road Race. I actually ended up watching BBC coverage live on BBC1 and Red Button HD but I looked at the UHD later, and my impression is that Discovery did nothing other than overlay a logo. Not only was there no commentary but there were no advert breaks and the video kept going for a long time after with landscape footage, etc, like there was nobody in the Eurosport control room.

Basically I think they were using the raw footage from the Olympics Broadcasting organisation, hence no commentary, and the long pariod of watching ALL the finishers with no intercuts to studio or ads, and the long pans around the local area scenery for what felt like half an hour after the race. (I viewed it in FFW if you were wondering if I watched all this padding.)

You got it!

BenMcr 26-07-2021 13:48

They've put a banner up saying it's a fault and they're trying to fix the commentary

cheekyangus 26-07-2021 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 36087494)
They've put a banner up saying it's a fault and they're trying to fix the commentary

In some ways they'd be better leaving it. I remember when VM had French Open Eurosport UHD and the commentary person was different than on Eurosport 1, and was highly irritating. :D

Itshim 26-07-2021 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36087441)
Welcome to Discovery being a sports provider.

Wish it happen more often . Endless chatting about nothing is really mind numbing:cool: