Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : Walking Dead: World Beyond (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708250)

General Maximus 06-10-2019 07:41

Walking Dead: World Beyond

A first look at the latest Walking Dead spin-off set 10 years after it all happened. Not sure how good it is going to be but it looks completely different to what we have seen so far which is a good thing because FTWD is doing my head in this season.

denphone 06-10-2019 09:56

Re: Walking Dead Spin-off (currently untitled)

l like the Walking Dead but l think its time to give it a decent burial now.

Paul 06-10-2019 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36012912)
l like the Walking Dead but l think its time to give it a decent burial now.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...8#post36012958 :D

denphone 06-10-2019 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36012959)

Trust you to rub it in.:D

General Maximus 06-10-2019 21:02

tbh I thought the last season was really good and I am hoping it continues this season. Given how OTT and annoying Alpha is I am hoping she does something bad enough that they have to reluctantly turn to Neegan for help and he returns to a semblance of his former self, kicks ass and we see some bitter sweet pay back.

Gavin78 12-10-2019 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36013002)
tbh I thought the last season was really good and I am hoping it continues this season. Given how OTT and annoying Alpha is I am hoping she does something bad enough that they have to reluctantly turn to Neegan for help and he returns to a semblance of his former self, kicks ass and we see some bitter sweet pay back.

I'm hoping Rick returns at somepoint maybe the final season they left it open for him to return. I know he left the show to spend more time with family. I'm not sure how many more seasons they'll let this run for I can't see it running into like 15 seasons to be honest so hopefully when it does finally come to an end he returns in an all out big bang ending.

General Maximus 12-10-2019 07:07

:confused: I am pretty sure this is the final season.

Edit: Never mind, it has definitely been renewed for an 11th season. For some reason I thought I had read somewhere that this season was the last.

General Maximus 27-11-2019 09:24

All they have said is that it is premiering in 2020. I imagine it will be a spring series as FTWD is summer and TWD is fall and run back to back so putting this new series in spring when TWD finished will give them full year coverage of the universe.

Henkesghost 30-11-2019 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36013002)

I like the Alpha character creepy as hell. Think having no Rick has improved it he bugged me with his unusual head movements and overly earnest rambling on. Last season and this have been a return to form

General Maximus 21-03-2020 20:09

Re: Walking Dead: World Beyond

The April 12th premiere date has been bumped. Post production would obviously have been completed and the series ready to go but production on TWD and FTWD has been delayed due to coronavirus meaning that the series will not air as they normally would as summer and fall series. I imagine they are delaying this new series so the premiere date compliments the other series, they air back to back and they have one on air all the time throughout the year as originally planned.

Paul 21-03-2020 23:31

I dont watch any of the WD series, so no effect on me. :)

General Maximus 22-03-2020 08:23

I love them and at the moment i would argue they are documentaries and you could learn a lot from them ;)

General Maximus 19-10-2020 18:14

We are all traumatised and have got mental health issues. Lets give ourselves a pat on the back though for ticking all the PC boxes.

It can't get cancelled soon enough.

cimt 20-10-2020 13:13

It won't get cancelled. It's a 2 season show and that has always been the plan. Also don't you think living in a zombie apocalypse would have a huge negative effect on everyones mental health?

General Maximus 21-10-2020 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36054453)
Also don't you think living in a zombie apocalypse would have a huge negative effect on everyones mental health?

No. It is something you would adapt to, especially if you live in a sheltered environment like they do with all your creature comforts and what resembles normality. I agree that statistically a proportion of people would be struggling but that would be the case with any example and as is the case with society today. Saying everyone has got issues and that being the main theme of the series is pathetic for this genre. We are three eps in and I can count the number of zombies they have killed on one hand. Given that they are 10 years into the pandemic they should be all too well aware of the threat the walkers pose and eliminate them at every opportunity. Instead, even when it is handed to them on a silver platter, they choose to turn around and run away. This kind of crap absolutely kills my realism factor.