Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Superhub : Hub 3 not starting- no internet (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709262)

Brunel 02-08-2020 23:52

Hub 3 not starting- no internet

Lots of these this am: ToD request sent - No Response received;CM-MAC=18:35:d1:33:20:6b;CMTS-MAC=04:62:73:e4:db:1f;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

No internet or voip 'phone.
Downstream/ upstream all appeared normal.
Rebooted several times, still the same.
Pinhole re-set, same.

Slightly painful call to Virgin, they offered to send new router (click& collect)... accepted

Re- booted circa midday, all back to normal, been ok since then.

spiderplant 03-08-2020 09:53

Re: Hub 3 not starting- no internet

There was an outage on the CMTS that serves your area. Ticket F008285018. Now resolved.

You obviously don't need the new Hub, so just send it back in the returns packaging. Or maybe you could refuse delivery.

Brunel 03-08-2020 10:04

Thanks for the info. strange that my neighbour( fed from same cabinet) had no problems.

V.M. hotspot also was fully functional.

spiderplant 03-08-2020 10:37

It was logged as an intermittent fault so maybe it was a matter of luck whether you noticed it.

Brunel 03-08-2020 11:18

Thanks for your info..

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Post Scriptum: I contacted VM to attempt to cancel the replacement router, but it has already been dispatched, they were supposed to let me know by S.M.S.

Due to the current situation, VM do not require the old router returning.

As an added bonus, they also offered me a further discount, which I of course accepted

General Maximus 03-08-2020 18:13

It can be a bit of a faff but next time it happens you can use the internet connection on your mobile phone to use the VM service status checker on the VM website. A quick google will send you straight to it. Without having to sign in hopefully just putting in your postcode and landline number will put up the fault reference so you know they are aware of the issue and working on it.

Brunel 04-08-2020 12:02

Thanks Maximus, info noted.

Also, when I was offered the discount, the addition to my contract was not mentioned.

Now on 18Mth contract.

Brunel 04-08-2020 19:25

Due to the current situation, VM do not require the old router returning.

Re. the above statement, this was stated by the person at Virgin.

It is incorrect, they have added a note in the package that they will wait until I find it more convenient to return.

Usual return label etc. is enclosed.