Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : TV Show Snippets & General Information (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=13018)

Paul 30-05-2004 16:26

TV Show Snippets & General Information

A few bits of information I have picked up today :)

Enterprise - S4 confirmed - but will be the last unless viewing figures improve.

Andromeda - S5 should have started filming on May 25th.

Babylon 5 - Rumours of a film are very strong - still awaiting confirmation from JMS.

Stargate - The Atlantis spin-off debuts on the Sci-Fi channel in July. The main series Season 8 also lauches in July.

Dr Who - The BBC have (apparently) settled with Terry Nations estate to allow the Daleks to appear in the new series. The first episode "aliens" are rumoured to be the Autons.

Firefly - A film ("Serenity") with all the cast is in production.

Battlestar Galatica - The series in in production for a 2005 debut.

Dead Like Me - Series 2 is in production for (I think) the Autumn.

Charmed - Rumoured that Season 8 will be the last, not bad considering that S7 hasn't launched yet !.

On a side note - Both incarnations of one of my favourite baddies - "The "Master" from Dr Who - are now deceased. Roger Delgado (the original) died in the early 1970's - His replacement (Anthony Ainsley) passed away a few weeks ago - he was 71.

homealone 30-05-2004 16:31

Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

All very good news, except 'Dead like Me', which I never got into and the news about 'The Master'. Thanks Pem :tu:

Maggy 30-05-2004 16:41

Thanks Pem.

Anyone heard anything about the Red Dwarf film?I can't find anything later than April 2003 about filming taking oplace in Australia and summat about a September shoot.

Incog.

abailey152 30-05-2004 16:51

I'm looking forward to the new Battlestar Galactica series. I never liked the original, but the new pilot film was very good. I especially like the new blonde Cylon :naughty:

punky 30-05-2004 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognitas
Thanks Pem.

Anyone heard anything about the Red Dwarf film?I can't find anything later than April 2003 about filming taking oplace in Australia and summat about a September shoot.

Incog.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHH!!! Ahem, :)

A bit more info: Apparently, it has only just started filming, and guess what: it has the original Holly. The bloke, Norman Lovett. How cool is that?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276447/

Paul 30-05-2004 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognitas

Filming was due to start this month but none of my sources can confirm if it actually has. See Red Dwarf: The Movie :)

homealone 30-05-2004 17:32

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by punky

A bit more info: Apparently, it has only just started filming, and guess what: it has the original Holly. The bloke, Norman Lovett. How cool is that?

and I'm glad they went with Chloe Annett, rather than Clare Grogan, for Kochanski. :drool:

ZrByte 30-05-2004 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by punky

Thats not really supprising, he played holly for the last series aswel plus he was the original incarnation of holly (default if you will) Ive heard this movie will ignore everything that has happened to the dwarfers during the series and will kinda be in a timeline of its own (I think its mostly so that people who havent seen Red Dwarf will know whats going on) so Holly owuld have never met Hilly and as such wouldnt have changed his appearance in memory of her. Apparently it will deal with the radiation leak, listers 3million years in stasis, thier return home and the destruction of the Dwarf all in the one movie (Would have liked for there to have been some continuity from the series but I dont see how they could have done with the situation in the last episode).

BTW does anybody have any info for what they planned for a conclusion to series 8? I heard that supposedly Ace Rimmer Saves Rimmer from the disolving Red Dwarf and reunites him with the other dwarfers who have jumped to another dimension through the quantumn mirror but I never heard anything else about it.

Quote:

Firefly - A film ("Serenity") with all the cast is in production.
I heard that since Buffy finished last May and now that Angel has finished Joss Weldon has a lot of free time and was hoping to do a revival of Firefly, a movie seems as good a way as any :)

Quote:

Dr Who - The BBC have (apparently) settled with Terry Nations estate to allow the Daleks to appear in the new series. The first episode "aliens" are rumoured to be the Autons.
You do realise that after hearing this I will be shouting exterminate in a screachy voice at everybody in the pub later dont you??
Im not that big a Dr. Who buff though, could you tell me who the autons are? are they those brain thingies that created the Daleks? (I dont even know if what I just said is right, I think it is :D )

Quote:

Babylon 5 - Rumours of a film are very strong - still awaiting confirmation from JMS.
I hope so, I wonder if they will deal With Steven Franklin (Rich Biggs) death in anyway?

aliferste 30-05-2004 18:58

Battlestar Galatica :)

homealone 30-05-2004 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZrByte
Im not that big a Dr. Who buff though, could you tell me who the autons are?

http://www.wilson203.freeserve.co.uk...TheAutons.html

:)

dilli-theclaw 30-05-2004 19:27

I saw a new design for the Dalek in an old Dr Who magazine - I hope they go with an updated Dalek.

Paul 09-06-2004 21:09

Another snippit I picked up - rumour has it that they are going to make a Star Wars Series, set after the ROTJ movie. :)

Earl of Bronze 09-06-2004 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pem
Another snippit I picked up - rumour has it that they are going to make a Star Wars Series, set after the ROTJ movie. :)

A mate of mine was talkin about that series a short while ago. Appariently it is gonna be a Botta Fett/Bounty Hunter tipe gig.

I think. :erm:

Paul 01-10-2004 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M
Stargate - The Atlantis spin-off debuts on the Sci-Fi channel in July. The main series Season 8 also lauches in July.
Battlestar Galatica - The series in in production for a 2005 debut.

Just a reminder ;

Stargate starts on Tuesday 5th October at 8pm.

Stargate Atlantis starts on Tuesday 12th October at 9pm.

Battlestar Galatica starts on Monday 18th October at 8pm

All on Sky One.

:D

dilli-theclaw 01-10-2004 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M
Just a reminder ;

Stargate starts on Tuesday 5th October at 8pm.

Stargate Atlantis starts on Tuesday 12th October at 9pm.

Battlestar Galatica starts on Monday 18th October at 8pm

All on Sky One.

:D

Yeah - I just ordered a load of discs for my dvd recorder :)

p.s. Don't forget the Galactica film will be on before the series starts (for those that haven't seen it ) the 14th i think...