Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Freesat & Freeview (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33654808)

colinmcf 27-02-2014 08:37

Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Hi,

Having trouble trying to get this to work. I have a sat finder, I adjust the dish accordingly but I still don't seem to be getting a signal.

I have tried plugging the receiver into a neighbours SKY dish and it works but when I choose BBC HD the signal drops completely to 0 again.

Its a HDR-8130USB. I've tried looking on the ROSS site for any firmware but I can't seem to download anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been struggling for days now trying to get somewhere.

Graham M 27-02-2014 09:07

Sounds like the dish is misaligned? There are 2(?) satellites the dish needs to be aimed between and that would account for the signal dropping out on certain channels as each satellite carries a different set.

Allycat 27-02-2014 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by colinmcf (Post 35675993)
Hi,

Having trouble trying to get this to work. I have a sat finder, I adjust the dish accordingly but I still don't seem to be getting a signal.

I have tried plugging the receiver into a neighbours SKY dish and it works but when I choose BBC HD the signal drops completely to 0 again.

Its a HDR-8130USB. I've tried looking on the ROSS site for any firmware but I can't seem to download anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been struggling for days now trying to get somewhere.

Are you getting a signal on your sat finder, if you are and you still cant get any channels, your on the wrong satellite. There are 2 sats very close together. Once you get a signal try moving the dish to the side very slowly and you should pick up the right one. Took me ages the first time I tried.
Good luck with it.

10snatchie 25-01-2016 23:26

;):dunce:Hi Have Ross HDM 8130.
Is there any updated firmware to decode ??

Hugh 26-01-2016 00:07

I'm not sure if you'll get a reply, as this thread is nearly 23 months old...

Kymmy 26-01-2016 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10snatchie (Post 35818910)
;):dunce:Hi Have Ross HDM 8130.
Is there any updated firmware to decode ??

No, but even if there was a way to "decode" it's not within the site rules to discuss.

The ross system is a closed system so no add-ons can be installed which is the same answer as the person who posted the same question today on sat universe will probably get.

---------- Post added at 08:31 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35818913)
I'm not sure if you'll get a reply, as this thread is nearly 23 months old...

Either Chris or I normally respond to this thread ;)