Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : Doctor Who : Season 6 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33672247)

Paul 23-11-2010 00:32

Doctor Who : Season 6

This begins in early 2011.

Steven Moffat has revealed that the opening story of [new] season 6 will be a two parter set in the US. It will see the Doctor, Amy and Rory travel back to the 1960s and visit the Oval Office of the White House in Washington DC.

The season will also be split into 2 "halfs", with a cliff hanger at the break point.

Tezcatlipoca 23-11-2010 00:48

Re: Doctor Who : Season 6

I'm looking forward to it :)

Still not so sure about the US-style split, though.

Christmas special soon :D

v0id 23-11-2010 00:58

Doctor Who needs less Rory

Lord Nikon 23-11-2010 01:10

Needs less Matt Smith too

Paul 23-11-2010 12:08

... and more Amy :D

v0id 23-11-2010 23:13

...and River Song :D

ThunderPants73 16-12-2010 21:26

Ponds and Rivers......hmm, strange.

Peter_ 17-12-2010 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35138852)
Ponds and Rivers......hmm, strange.

I find nothing wrong with wanting a dip in the Pond and letting River flow around me.:D

Looking forward to the Christmas Special.

Boaz 23-12-2010 16:23

Lost a lot of interest in it since Davids departure to be honest. I will take a look though.

Stephen 23-12-2010 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boaz (Post 35142190)
Lost a lot of interest in it since Davids departure to be honest. I will take a look though.

So you a just a David fan and not really a Doctor Who fan then?

Can't wait to see the Christmas special and the new series. Matt Smith has been great so far. Reminds me of the 1st & 2nd doctor still.

Mick Fisher 23-12-2010 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boaz (Post 35142190)

Same as me.

Matt Smith doesn't make a decent Doctor for me and I couldn't stand his companion, whatever her name was. :(

Rest assured though I will take a look at the Christmas Special and the new series in the hope things will pick up.

In fairness to Matt Smith, IMO he really hasn't had much to work on. I thought the scripts and storylines of the last series were dire.

Stuart 23-12-2010 19:53

I have to admit, while I did enjoy S5, I have recently bought the DVD boxset of S4. S4 was much better.

The problem with S5 is that while there were some excellent stories (Victory of the Daleks, The Time Of Angels, Flesh and Stone and the final two), a lot were just OK, and a couple felt like fillers (Eleventh Hour, Best Below and the Lodger).

One thing I like about the final episodes is the sequence in which a Cybersuit attempts to convert Amy. That sequence shows that Steven Moffatt understood what makes the Cybermen scary far more than Russell T Davies.

As for Matt Smith, I think he could be a good doctor, if given good stories. There were scenes in a couple of stories that showed Matt can be quite sinister when asked to be. A quality that the Doctor rarely displays, but is a necessary part of the character, IMO.

Karen Gillan is (I think) quite good. I like the feisty assistant role, and the jokey references to her Scottish ancestry. She is quite sexy, but I don't think she is the sexiest assistant (that award goes to either Freema Agyeman or Carey Mulligan IMO).

Rory is quite funny, but I think they could lose him.

Hopefully the team behind Doctor Who have taken a long cold hard look at series 5, and in series 6, worked to remove the bits that didn't work well, and improve those that did. As the production team behind ANY series should.

adzii_nufc 24-12-2010 15:23

Cant wait for tommorow's ep!

Wasnt a massive Doctor Who fan until the revival so for me it went from being used to Ecclestone then finding it hard to adjust to Tennant then I thought there was no way I could adjust again after David's performance but funny enough I took to Matt quicker than I did with Tennant.. Who knows 0_o

Lord Nikon 25-12-2010 03:52

I still don't feel Matt Smith has 'taken ownership' of the role yet. There's nothing about him and his performance that defines him as the Doctor. This is quite worrying when a whole season has taken place.

Stuart 26-12-2010 00:06

Watching the Xmas ep now.

One thing i've noticed so far is that there seem to be a few references to star trek. Nothing massive, just that the bridge of the starship Amy was one was a similar shape to the bridge of the Enterprise in The Wrath Of Kahn. The Viewscreen was the same shape as well. They also referred to the ship as being "Galaxy Class".