Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Important New Support Information (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=16765)

Chris W 27-08-2004 12:46

Important New Support Information

It is Harmony upgrade time at the weekend, from 8pm Friday 27th August and Wednesday 1st September.

During that period you will be unable to make changes to your Internet service. However you will still be able to send and receive emails, surf the web and upload to your webspace.

If you need to change your service, such as add an additional email address, please make sure you do this before 26th August or after 1st Sept. You can find Member services under "your Account" at www.ntlworld.com

During this upgrade our Internet support centres will have limited access to their computer systems. We will restore full service on the afternoon of 1st September.

This upgrade project continues until the end of 2004, and means two further instances when service will be restricted. We will let you know in advance when this will happen.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience these works may cause.

Just posted for anyone that missed it on the server status page :)

MB

Paul K 27-08-2004 12:49

Re: Important New Support Information

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeybreath
It is Harmony upgrade time at the weekend, from 8pm Friday 27th August and Wednesday 1st September.

During that period you will be unable to make changes to your Internet service. However you will still be able to send and receive emails, surf the web and upload to your webspace.

If you need to change your service, such as add an additional email address, please make sure you do this before 26th August or after 1st Sept. You can find Member services under "your Account" at www.ntlworld.com

During this upgrade our Internet support centres will have limited access to their computer systems. We will restore full service on the afternoon of 1st September.

This upgrade project continues until the end of 2004, and means two further instances when service will be restricted. We will let you know in advance when this will happen.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience these works may cause.

Just posted for anyone that missed it on the server status page :)

MB

Is that "Can still send and receive emails and upload to their webspace if it works as well as normal"??
Hope it all goes smoothly though as we all know its the poor CS staff on the phones that take all the flak :(
Good luck guys ;) No breaking the Broadband systems in the South East though please :p:

GazzaB 27-08-2004 14:58

Yep, It's bye bye cablemaster today in Nottingham and Teeside. A sad day, I will miss that log-in screen! It's served us well since 1990 or thereabouts. Onto better things.....???!!!! We shall see :D :D

Marge 27-08-2004 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by GazzaB
Onto better things.....???!!!! We shall see :D :D

Yep agree with you there :erm:

What a great few days lie ahead with no access to Sabs :rolleyes:

Kliro 27-08-2004 15:19

Just got that notification from Broadband medic

Matth 27-08-2004 16:24

Harmony upgrade? - does that mean changing the on-hold music? :D

Tucker 28-08-2004 19:26

Well it's all gone pair shaped in Manchester, broadband has become unusable since sometime over night, a dial up at 300 baud would be faster...

Not only did they charge me twice and bill me once for the last 8 months, when I spotted it on my statement(s) and advised them they canned my TV and telephone for no reason, now broadband is unusable and they tell me they can't do anything before Weds..

Nothing like good customer service ! If the service changes have the same effect on other customers they'll be out of business soon !

Marge 28-08-2004 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tucker
Well it's all gone pair shaped in Manchester, broadband has become unusable since sometime over night, a dial up at 300 baud would be faster...

Not only did they charge me twice and bill me once for the last 8 months, when I spotted it on my statement(s) and advised them they canned my TV and telephone for no reason, now broadband is unusable and they tell me they can't do anything before Weds..

Nothing like good customer service ! If the service changes have the same effect on other customers they'll be out of business soon !

This maintenance shouldn't have any effect on your broadband service at all, do you have connection via Cable Modem or STB ???

and :welcome: to the site btw

Tucker 28-08-2004 19:35

Well it's a darn good coincidence then :) cable modem... Super speed most of yesterday

Tucker 28-08-2004 19:36

BTW this is a trusty (fast) ADSL link at my office..

Paul K 28-08-2004 19:39

The systems being changed over at the moment are more Customer Services end than customer (billing systems etc) if your speeds have dropped you may find it's totally unrelated to the ongoing platform changes.

Tucker 28-08-2004 20:06

I would have expected that to be the case from the info available, however perhaps 'other' changes are being 'sneaked' in at the same time, I know of several other customers (not local to me) who have lost service since this started.. A pure coincidance / other fault I am sure, thing is tho, it's a shame no one at NTL can check the status tho whilst the CS changes are being performed..

Bex 28-08-2004 21:00

out of interest should this actually affect the BB service. dad's "lady friend" is on the phone from teeside and she has lost all net access...

darkangel 28-08-2004 21:16

don't want to sound a bit dense but what exactly is harmony, I've heard bit and pieaces, will it help catch the large amount of people in my sisters area who seem to all have chipped cable and broadband?

Tezcatlipoca 28-08-2004 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkangel
don't want to sound a bit dense but what exactly is harmony, I've heard bit and pieaces, will it help catch the large amount of people in my sisters area who seem to all have chipped cable and broadband?

I'm not sure, but there was a thread all about it here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=14256