Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Is it possible to open a second account (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706669)

daveeb 05-08-2018 20:19

Is it possible to open a second account

I have a mobile with VM (well it actually belongs to Mrs daveeb but it's in my name). Mrs daveeb wants a new phone so i'm thinking of upgrading hers but also my daughter wants one as well. Is it possible to get the phones under their names instead of mine as they will be paying for them and want to be able to administer the phones themselves.
Our BB / tv / landline are also under my name.

Ta.

pip08456 05-08-2018 20:40

Re: is it possible to open a second account

If the phones are administrated in different names then they would be separate new contracts.

Mrs Daveeb may have to give up her existing number as it is in your name.

daveeb 05-08-2018 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35958294)
If the phones are administrated in different names then they would be separate new contracts.

Mrs Daveeb may have to give up her existing number as it is in your name.

Losing the number wouldn't be a problem. I just wondered if they would allow my name for the main broadband account and hers for the mobile account at the same address.

nomadking 05-08-2018 21:53

Can't you transfer her number to the new phone? If you can transfer a number from phone A with company X to phone B with company Y, I'm not sure what the real difference is.

Get a free VM sim for the new phone(or whatever you're planning to do), set up the separate account and transfer the number.

USwitch guide

daveeb 05-08-2018 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35958302)
Can't you transfer her number to the new phone? If you can transfer a number from phone A with company X to phone B with company Y, I'm not sure what the real difference is.

Get a free VM sim for the new phone(or whatever you're planning to do), set up the separate account and transfer the number.

USwitch guide

She's not particularly bothered about changing number, although as you say I'm sure she could if she wished.

I could easily upgrade her current phone still under my name, it's just the issue that CS will only speak to the account holder. She wants to be able to speak to them on her own behalf if possible.

Paul 05-08-2018 23:20

Quote:

it's just the issue that CS will only speak to the account holder. She wants to be able to speak to them on her own behalf if possible.
You can do that anyway, you just have an account password you give to them for when they speak to CS.

All of ours (mine, wife, daughters) are all on my account, but they can all talk to CS directly without me.

daveeb 06-08-2018 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35958309)
You can do that anyway, you just have an account password you give to them for when they speak to CS.

All of ours (mine, wife, daughters) are all on my account, but they can all talk to CS directly without me.

Ah OK thanks Paul. That makes life a lot easier.

RichardCoulter 06-08-2018 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35958309)

Yes, a lot of CS staff claim to not be able to speak to anyone other than the account holder. This is incorrect if the account holder has given them permission to.