Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Streaming : The Sandman (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711191)

SnoopZ 23-07-2022 23:40

The Sandman

Official trailer.

Paul 23-07-2022 23:56

Re: The Sandman

I wasnt sure if I would care for this or not, that trailer pretty much confirms the 'not' part.

Paul 06-08-2022 16:34

Well I had little else left to watch, so I went ahead and gave this a shot anyway.

I've watched the first two episodes, I have to say that so far its been better than I expected [esp from the trailer].

I'm going to carry on with it for now, and if it continues to be ok, I'll likely watch all ten.

pip08456 06-08-2022 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36130477)
Well I had little else left to watch, so I went ahead and gave this a shot anyway.

I've watched the first two episodes, I have to say that so far its been better than I expected [esp from the trailer].

I'm going to carry on with it for now, and if it continues to be ok, I'll likely watch all ten.

I had the same thought as you from the trailer, the actual series so far seems worlds apart. Watched 4 episodes so far and enjoying it.

Jaymoss 06-08-2022 18:03

Half way through and it seems to be tying up story arcs quite quickly. Gonna have a break now cuz it makes my head hurt haha

Paul 09-08-2022 14:38

Finished it last night, a couple of slow eps in the middle, but pretty good overall, I hope we get a 2nd season.

Qtx 09-08-2022 16:54

Nice visuals and something different, but marred by the usual recent problem.

Woke rant you can choose to ignore by not clicking;
Spoiler: 
Maybe some people genuinely don't notice that literally every character is gay, black or female + gender/race swopped. Lucifer Morning Star now a woman, John Constantine now Joanna Constantine were quite minor compared to the over the top wokeness everywhere else.

People say it was woke in the original comics but not to this extent and most was peoples interpretation without anything being concrete.

Its one of the rare cases where the series is different enough and produced well for some to ignore the over the top woke in an already annoyingly woke and virtue signalling state of tv and movies

Paul 09-08-2022 17:45

Like most of these series, I have never seen the comic/book/whatever to compare with.

Mick 09-08-2022 17:49

I’ve watched 1st two episodes so far and I’m suitably impressed to press on watching the rest.

Paul 09-08-2022 17:58

Whether its true or not I cannot say, but I did read that the change of constantine was down to rights issues with the character.

Hugh 09-08-2022 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36130736)
Whether its true or not I cannot say, but I did read that the change of constantine was down to rights issues with the character.

Bit more about that here…

https://screenrant.com/why-john-cons...n-the-sandman/

Qtx 09-08-2022 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36130736)

Defo interesting after reading Hugh's link.

My point still stands though as they could have replaced him with a great grandson or something but in this series it seems they only would have considered a female or PoC and then a good chance they were LBQT+ for most characters.

pip08456 09-08-2022 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtx (Post 36130754)
Defo interesting after reading Hugh's link.

My point still stands though as they could have replaced him with a great grandson or something but in this series it seems they only would have considered a female or PoC and then a good chance they were LBQT+ for most characters.

Why? There already was a Joanna Constantine as an ancestor.

Qtx 09-08-2022 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36130755)
Why? There already was a Joanna Constantine as an ancestor.

There was also Jack Constantine, Harry Constantine, George Constantine, James Constantine, Charles Constantine, Hugh Constantine, William Constantine, Frank Constantine, Thomas Constantine, Jack Constantine, Saul Constantine and Adam Constantine as ancestors which they could have chosen.

Why were they not chosen as existing ancestors?

Watch the series and you will see that it was written and casted based on the woke options first. Token straight male for a few odd roles with them not being likeable characters.

pip08456 09-08-2022 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtx (Post 36130761)
There was also Jack Constantine, Harry Constantine, George Constantine, James Constantine, Charles Constantine, Hugh Constantine, William Constantine, Frank Constantine, Thomas Constantine, Jack Constantine, Saul Constantine and Adam Constantine as ancestors which they could have chosen.

Why were they not chosen as existing ancestors?

Watch the series and you will see that it was written and casted based on the woke options first. Token straight male for a few odd roles with them not being likeable characters.

I have watched the series. I'm hoping for a season 2 as well.