Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : TV Schedule - Summer 2017 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703326)

General Maximus 21-07-2016 12:09

TV Schedule - Summer 2017

UPDATE: The long awaited update for summer is finally here. This is a minor update as the summer season (May-July) is the smallest of the year compared to the "Fall" schedule (August onwards) and New Year. I will be making additions and little changes over the next month or so as you leave messages asking for series to be added to the list but the biggest update of the year will be in July where we start fresh for the new Fall tv season.

The list is in chronological order although I am listing new series separately so they stand out and you can give them greater consideration if you are looking for something new to seek your teeth in to. This is by no means an exhaustive list of every series in existence and is only the series which I watch/will be watching. In the event that I have missed something out or you would like to see something added to the list please say so and I'll do my best to get it added.

Returning Series

Prison Break season 5 - Tuesday 4th March
12 Monkeys season 3 - Friday 19th May
Fear the Walking Dead season 3 - Sunday 4th June
Dark Matter season 3 - Friday 9th June
Wynonna Earp season 2 - Friday 9th June
The Last Ship - season 4 - Sunday 18th June
Zoo season 3 - Thursday 28th June
Killjoys season 3 - Wednesday 31st June
Game of Thrones season 7 - Sunday 16th July
The Strain season 4 - Sunday 16th July

New Series

Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix) - Thursday 16th March
Danny Rand returns to New York City, after being presumed dead for 15 years, to reclaim his family company from Harold Meachum and his children Ward Meachum and Joy Meachum. When a threat emerges, Rand must choose between his family's legacy and his duties as the Iron Fist.

The White Princess - Sunday 16th April
The story of Elizabeth of York, the White Queen's daughter, and her marriage to the Lancaster victor, Henry VII which sees England ostensibly united, but their individual and partisan rift runs deep, and the war that furies between them portends to tear the kingdom apart again.

Genius - Tuesday 25th April
Anthology series about famous geniuses with the first season charting how Einstein-an imaginative, rebellious patent clerk, who couldn't get a teaching job or a doctorate-unlocked the mysteries of the atom and the universe.

The Handmaid's Tale- Wednesday 26th April
Facing environmental disasters and a plunging birthrate, the dystopia of Gilead is ruled by a twisted fundamentalism in its militarized 'return to traditional values'. As one of the few remaining fertile women, Offred is a Handmaid in the Commander's household, one of the caste of women forced into sexual servitude as a last desperate attempt to repopulate the world.
In this terrifying society, Offred must navigate between Commanders, their cruel Wives, domestic Marthas, and her fellow Handmaids - where anyone could be a spy for Gilead - all with one goal: to survive and find the daughter that was taken from her.

Year Million - Monday 15th May
Explore what it will be like to be human one million years into the future. Today's brightest futurists, scientists, scholars and notable science fiction writers guide viewers through the very latest advances in technology, ideas and innovations that likely will power the evolution of our species.

Twin Peaks - Sunday 21st May
Picks up 25 years after the inhabitants of a quaint northwestern town are stunned when their homecoming queen is murdered.

Blood Drive - Wednesday 14th June
Get uncomfortable! In the tradition of classic grindhouse movies, BLOOD DRIVE is a new series soaked in high-octane chaos and just barely approved for television. After Los Angeles' last good cop is forced to join a twisted cross-country death race, his only hope of survival is a dangerous femme fatale who has the need for speed. Oh, and forget gasoline... these cars run on human blood!

The Mist - Thursday 22nd June
A small town family is torn apart by a brutal crime. As they deal with the fallout an eerie mist rolls in, suddenly cutting them off from the rest of the world, and in some cases, each other. Family, friends and adversaries become strange bedfellows, battling the mysterious mist and its threats, fighting to maintain morality and sanity as the rules of society break down.

Salvation - Wednesday 12th July
An MIT grad student and a tech superstar bring a low-level Pentagon official a staggering discovery that an asteroid is just six months away from colliding with Earth.

Midnight, Texas - Sunday 24th July
Midnight is a safe haven for those who are different, but with the presence of outsiders, the residents band together and form a strong and unlikely family

Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix) - Thursday 17th August
'Marvel's The Defenders' follows Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. A quartet of singular heroes with one common goal - to save New York City. This is the story of four solitary figures, burdened with their own personal challenges, who realize they just might be stronger when teamed together.

Star Trek Discovery - eta TBC :rolleyes:

Stephen 21-07-2016 13:53

Re: Fall 2016/2017 TV Schedule

Looking forward to many of those coming back and also a few new series. Lethal weapon does look like it might be fun and Frequency might be good as I do like the original movie version as well.

adzii_nufc 21-07-2016 17:06

Stranger things looks interesting, fills the void the X-files and Fringe have left. Frequency and Timeless interest me too.

Anything on Lucifer s2 and Legends of tomorrow/Justice society? Excited for The Flash: Flashpoint. Must have missed the 5 other seasons of The Expanse haha. Didn't spot that at first.

Stephen 21-07-2016 17:21

I will need to check out Stranger Things. I forgot it is on Netflix.

adzii_nufc 21-07-2016 17:35

Pretty high ratings and a full seasons availability because of its Netflix status. That's that added to my list.

General Maximus 21-07-2016 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35850596)
Anything on Lucifer s2 and Legends of tomorrow/Justice society?

I can't stand LoT, I think it is one of the worst series every made. I know many forum members enjoy though and in the interests of fairness I will add it to the list. One of the admins is looking into giving me privileges for this thread so I can keep it up to date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35850596)
Must have missed the 5 other seasons of The Expanse haha. Didn't spot that at first.

Arse, I read your post twice and wondered what you was on about and I have just clicked :doh:

adzii_nufc 21-07-2016 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35850618)
I can't stand LoT, I think it is one of the worst series every made. I know many forum members enjoy though and in the interests of fairness I will add it to the list. One of the admins is looking into giving me privileges for this thread so I can keep it up to date.

Arse, I read your post twice and wondered what you was on about and I have just clicked :doh:

Wasn't that impressed by the first season of it but typically the ending and justice society cross will force me to watch it again :dunce:

Still one can hope they bin Hawkgirl and Ray palmer along with their ridiculously bad love Triangle.

She's with Cisco Ramon before ditching him with little issue to run off with her true soulmate before he ends up dying and she then hooks up with Ray and loves him just as easily. Then that turns into an awkward mess.

In other words whomever wrote that awful love story wants sacked. There was no need for a forced love plot.

General Maximus 22-07-2016 02:58

Many thanks to Paul, I have got magical editing powers for my posts and can make adjustments going forward. I'll look into Lucifer etc and update accordingly when I am more awake later on today :)

adzii_nufc 22-07-2016 04:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35850597)
I will need to check out Stranger Things. I forgot it is on Netflix.

Pretty brilliant from the few I've just watched. Great mix of horror and mystery with paranormal elements thrown in. Great bit of X-files style conspiracy in there too. Surprisingly unpredictable too.

Stephen 22-07-2016 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35850658)
Pretty brilliant from the few I've just watched. Great mix of horror and mystery with paranormal elements thrown in. Great bit of X-files style conspiracy in there too. Surprisingly unpredictable too.

Might save it till I am off work for a couple of weeks. Surgery recovery time so will need plenty to watch.

MalteseFalcon 22-07-2016 11:35

Anything on NCIS Los Angeles please?

General Maximus 22-07-2016 17:50

Just done an update so check the list for additions. Westworld is coming out in October as well but I can't find an airdate for it yet. Looks very good though, I saw a trailer for it at the cinema last night in front of Star Trek.

adzii_nufc 30-07-2016 00:34

Lucifer S2 trailer showed during comic con. Looks almighty similar to a hit and miss season 1 and I know its only a trailer but the general thought is if it delves right back into a dull cop procedural and fails to explore the massive supernatural element it has then it'll be DOA and an absolute miracle if it somehow makes a third season. Great idea for a show being executed awfully.

I finished Stranger things anyway. Brilliant from start to end. More like an 8 hour movie than individual episodes. Absolute quality casting for both Adults and Children.

adzii_nufc 07-09-2016 00:48

South Park returns for its 20th Season on the 14th September. 20 seasons, having seen every episode I'm starting to realise how long that is. The direction they've went in lately is new and actually quite good. Still delivering massive moral messages within episodes though.

Expect Trump and Clinton to be destroyed. Then again they've already did Clinton once.

adzii_nufc 05-10-2016 21:35

Flash: Flashpoint (S3) Aired last night.
Lucifer is up to episode 2
Timeless aired Monday
Westworld aired also.
Arrow airs tonight.
Frequency airs tonight.

Credit: General Maximus

For ensuring myself and others aren't scouring google for individual shows all the time :D

cimt 05-10-2016 21:55

I use this site and I've had it for years. I'd highly recommend it. :)

http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

General Maximus 05-10-2016 22:04

Am i living in the twilight zone or something?

Paul 05-10-2016 23:32

I also make use of the pogdesign calendar, and showrss.

adzii_nufc 05-10-2016 23:36

Wow, From Dusk till Dawn is still plodding along. Gave it a season on Netflix and dropped it. Even has them listed in GMT!

Stephen 06-10-2016 02:29

Like Cage was fantastic.

Timeless was ok but I font see it lasting.

Also Won of Zorn is pretty funny.

I have really enjoyed Lethal Weapon also.

Westworld had a great first episode and seems to indicate that the original movie may have existed in the same timeline.

General Maximus 06-10-2016 08:30

I wanted to make some comments about the new series as well but I am way behind in my viewing atm and trying to catch up. I too thought Westworld was absolutely superb and I love it when they integrate the past into the story (like Jurassic Park) because it makes the whole thing even more realistic. I thought it was that good that I really wished I had the next one to watch when I finished watching the first episode. I can see it being like GoT where I just want more and more.
The only other new series I have watched is Aftermath. I was really looking forward to a post-apocalyptic series until I realised it was all religious nonsense. I thought the acting was pretty lame as well so I turned it off after 20 mins.

Designated Survivor is next on my list to watch...............

Horizon 07-10-2016 22:52

..... it's standard network fare, but as I'm a Kiefer Sutherland fan, its a thumbs up from me.

adzii_nufc 07-10-2016 23:30

Arrow aired and.. Well its much of the same, its official then, this racehorse has had its day and its a shame because it never got stale or anything, they had the the rug pulled from beneath them. They cut the budget and lost the main creative team to The Flash right when Arrow was in its prime. Yet they'll still pump more into Legends of Tomorrow. Check out the CGI Helicopter in the season opener!

Flashpoint is going in different directions from the comic but is good nonetheless.

Timeless as Stephen put, is ok, bit standard. Can hope it gets better. Legends of Tomorrow without the Super Hero element.

General Maximus 16-10-2016 19:10

I am way behind on my viewing (up to date with returning series) and the only new ones I have seen are Designated Survivor, Falling Water, Aftermath and Van Helsing. I really enjoy Designated Survivor and have ditched the other three. I still need to watch Timeless, Frequency, Lethal Weapon, MacGyver, Luke Cage and Conviction.

Stephen 16-10-2016 21:29

I was disappointed with timeless. However I am really enjoying Lethal Weapon and I hear it's just been given a full season too.

Paul 16-10-2016 22:40

Quote:

I still need to watch Timeless, Frequency, Lethal Weapon, MacGyver, Luke Cage and Conviction.
Timeless is ok, but nothing special. I dont think it will last.
I'm already finding myself skipping over bits of Frequency, which is a bad sign.

Those two I was hoping would be better, as I like time travel shows.

Luke Cage I have not seen, just too many other things atm.
The other three (Lethal Weapon, MacGyver and Conviction) I'm not really interested in .

General Maximus 23-10-2016 21:58

I am nearly caught up. I have watched Timeless, Frequency and Travellers. I think Travellers is by far the best out of the three and am looking forward to the next episode. I am watching Frequency because of the babe factor atm and if it turns in to be a police crime solving procedural I'll be giving it up. Timeless sounds interesting but I can see myself losing patience with it if they start skipping key points and brush over things making it lose "the realism" factor I have discussed in the past. I have a bad feeling it is going to turn into a time travelling cheese fest and annoy me as much as LoT.

Just McGyver and Lethal Weapon to go now.

General Maximus 30-10-2016 19:54

ok I am up to date now. I have watched the first two eps of all the new series and I'll be watching Westworld and Travelers every week and I am going to leave Frequency and Luke Cage for the mid-season breaks as I do with Scorpion. I am ditching Hooten and the Lady, Timeless, Van Helsing, McGyver and Pure Genius and Falling Water.

Paul 30-10-2016 23:04

I'm losing interest in Van Helsing & Frequency, it remains to be seen how much longer I give them.
I'm also on the fence atm with Designated Survivor, its starting to remind me too much of 24, whch I got bored of.

adzii_nufc 30-10-2016 23:52

Too much.. Looks like I'll be playing binge watch eventually.

General Maximus 31-10-2016 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35866681)
I'm also on the fence atm with Designated Survivor

I knew I had missed something. I am watching Designated Survivor religiously atm (and I love 24). I have also ditched Aftermath which I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

Btw, when you have got 2 mins can you have a look at my permissions for the original post in this thread. I can't edit it anymore and I want to put the dates in for Black Sails etc after xmas.

General Maximus 16-11-2016 19:00

I have just done what I expect to be the penultimate update for this thread and added the dates for The 100, Black Sails and Stranger Things. I have also added a new series called 3% which starts next week. The dates still aren't available for Colony and Into the Bandlands and they will be the last update I make to this thread for this tv calendar year when they become available.

adzii_nufc 15-12-2016 02:55

I'll get round to watching more via on demand and binge watches but the ones I've kept up with are

The Flash (Slow and swerving start but the CW's take on the Flashpoint series of comics is really starting to pick up with the latest episodes and introduction of Savitar and the mystery around it being great)

Arrow (Dull start again but has picked up much like the Flash and is already a far more promising season than #4 which was pure awful - Timeline affected by Flashpoint)

Legends of Tomorrow (It's still nothing amazing but the removal of the Hawk duo and the incredibly poor love triangle that persisted instantly had a positive effect on the show, Palmer whilst still annoying is tolerable now and the cast shake up has paid of somewhat. - Majorly affected by Flashpoint)

I added Flashpoint notes on each because I believe it's absolutely essential to watch all three this year because of multiple tie ins due to the Flashpoint story above. Supergirl crosses with all three in the three part Invasion story over Flash, Arrow and ending on Legends of Tomorrow, besides that it remains in its own standalone world and Timeline.

Timeless - again its not amazing but I can't stop watching it? The main plot has suckered me into watching each episode and I'm actually enjoying it, the individual time period of the week style episodes can be tedious but I'm drawn into the main arc. Another like this was FlashForward from years ago that was pretty standard and dull but I had to get the answers.

Gotham - Standard stuff really, it's brilliant. The Penguin is standout. Not sure what the deal is with his new foubd love interest though.

Lucifer - Still hit and miss.

The rest is generally repeated animation such as South Park, Futurama and Rick and Morty.

Future watches:

Shooter - Anyone tried it?
Stranger Things S2 - S1 was simply amazing, from start to finish was just brilliant.

The Expanse - May find myself rewatching the first season again to get up to scratch.

Westworld - Left because of busy schedule. This gonna be another Nolan and JJ five season special? Who owns it? Warner Bros? Like Person of Interest, another wildly successful show that ended up in the bin because of a Warner and CBS dispute. Is it generally different on HBO?

Sherlock S4

General Maximus 15-12-2016 11:13

The Flash is good and I am enjoying it. I love seeing Iris and Barry together after all this time. Smallville did my head dangling Lana and Clark in front of you for so many years.

Arrow is better but still not as good as it was.

I gave up on Timeless after 1x02 because the characters were behaving in a way that didn't make sense and if it doesn't make sense then I can't enjoy it.

Shooter: didn't realised it was based on the film (which I thought was awesome). I watched 1x01 and it is good because I can't be bothered with an enlonged and stretched out version of a story where I already know what is going to happen.

The Expanse: superb and looking forward to the next season

Westworld: HBO have complete autonomy over their network and scheduling which is why they bang out so many amazing series. Westworld is no exception and should be watching by everyone as a lesion/warning for the future because no matter whether you look at this/Terminator/I Robot/Ex Machina/Morgan it is going to happen and we only have ourselves to blame.

If you have time I strongly recommend Designated Survivor and Travelers.

Paul 15-12-2016 20:21

I lost interest in Designated Survivor, but Travelers is good, you need to try that out.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35866681)
I'm losing interest in Van Helsing & Frequency, it remains to be seen how much longer I give them.
I'm also on the fence atm with Designated Survivor, its starting to remind me too much of 24, whch I got bored of.

As above, I lost interest in Designated Survivor and gave that up. I also ditched Frequency. I stuck with Van Helsing and it did get better so I'll carry on with Season 2.

Outside of them, I also started to lose interest in Blindspot, and have a stack of about 3 episodes still to watch, but I'm not really missing it, so the chances are I'll give up on it.

General Maximus 19-01-2017 16:26

just done an update and freshen up the original post to remove pre-xmas series and add new mid-season series.

Paul 19-01-2017 18:54

Time after Time trailer ;

Looks ok, so I'll be watching it, we'll see how it actually turns out.

adzii_nufc 22-01-2017 01:36

Anything off mid-season break I may have missed? Haven't watched anything since the mid season finales?

Flash, Arrow, Timeless, LoT, Gotham, Lucifer, The Expanse back?

Stephen 22-01-2017 01:45

Gotham was back during the week there..

Flash and Arrow back this week along with Supergirl and LoT.

adzii_nufc 22-01-2017 02:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35881572)
Gotham was back during the week there..

Flash and Arrow back this week along with Supergirl and LoT.

Thanks, finally something new :D

Paul 22-01-2017 15:27

Timeless & Lucifer also started back last week as well.

adzii_nufc 14-02-2017 03:19

FOX are being awkward sods aren't they? Ordering episodes midway through a 13 episode season of Lucifer and having a gap rather than just waiting till season 3.

I dropped Timeless. A semi interesting main plot isnt worth the procedural dull episodes.

The Expanse thankfully isn't procedural and even better so is actually good. So I've put that in weekly watch, rather than catching up 3 episodes at a time. Never been one for anything like this (Star Trek TV, Stargate etc ) Enjoying it so far.

General Maximus 14-02-2017 11:58

I am a huge scifi fan and love stuff like Star Trek, Stargate, BSG and B5. The Expanse is like a breath of fresh air atm because it has been so long since we have had some proper space scifi.

Stephen 14-02-2017 13:37

Powerless has been pretty fun so far. Its a DC series but not about the Heroes. Its about the ordinary people trying to live while their city is destroyed around then by the heroes and villains. The main cast all work for Bruce Wayne's cousin trying to invent gadgets that will help protect everyone.

General Maximus 18-04-2017 14:51

Just done the update for summer, next big one will be in July ready for the new tv season in August/September.

Paul 18-04-2017 14:56

Re: TV Schedule 2017/18

Renamed as its not about 2016 anymore.

adzii_nufc 18-04-2017 15:14

Re: TV Schedule - Summer 2017

Not sure on the odds but there's a chance of an incoming writers strike after May 1st. That'd certainly put anything that isn't already produced out of action for a while. Stuff like Flash, Arrow and the rest of the DC programming across CW and FOX have only just finished production on their season endings and would likely take a hit if it happened.

General Maximus 18-04-2017 19:44

I hope they have learnt their lesson from last time; they really screwed up Lost and BSG.

General Maximus 05-05-2017 09:22

I was a bit "meh" about this when I first heard about it but now I have seen the trailer I am quite excited.

Paul 05-05-2017 14:14

Well trailers always make things look good, so lets hope it lives up to it.

I noticed Sigourney in there as well.

Stephen 06-05-2017 16:04

It looks like it could be good although the Luke Cage and Iron Fist series were pretty poor compared to Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

denphone 07-05-2017 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35897778)
It looks like it could be good although the Luke Cage and Iron Fist series were pretty poor compared to Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Yep l thought Daredevil and Jessica Jones were certainly far better then the two others you mentioned.

General Maximus 14-05-2017 10:28

A couple of new series we can keep an eye out for, probably won't start till after xmas:

THE BRAVE (FKA “FOR GOD & COUNTRY")

From the production team behind “Homeland” comes a fresh, heart-pounding journey into the complex world of America’s elite undercover military heroes. While D.I.A. Deputy Director Patricia Campbell (Anne Heche) and her team of analysts wield the world’s most advanced surveillance technology from Washington, D.C., Adam Dalton and his heroic Special Ops squad of highly trained undercover specialists use their unbreakable bond and commitment to freedom to save lives of innocent people and execute missions in some of the most dangerous places in the world.

Deception (Drama About Magician Who Helps the FBI)

Deception, written by Chuck alum Chris Fedak, is one of the highest-end drama pilots this season, which had been well received. In it, when his career is ruined by scandal, superstar magician Cameron Black (Jack Cutmore-Scott) has only one place to turn to practice his art of deception, influence and illusion — the FBI. Using every trick in the book and inventing new ones, he will help the government catch the world’s most elusive criminals while staging the biggest illusions of his career.

General Maximus 23-05-2017 21:13

I watched the first 3 episodes of The Handmaids Tale today and have given up. It doesn't make sense and it has annoyed me so much that I can't even be bothered to explain why. Don't waste your time on it!

pip08456 12-06-2017 08:25

I'm surprised you don't have Killjoys listed. Season 3 Ep1 airs 1st July.

General Maximus 12-06-2017 09:51

I will gladly add it to the list but it isn't a series I watch

pip08456 12-06-2017 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35902984)
I will gladly add it to the list but it isn't a series I watch

If you haven't watched it I recommend you do. It took me a couple of eps in the beginning to "get into it" but then I was hooked!

Paul 12-06-2017 13:02

I watch it, didnt notice it was missing.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Wynonna Earp is also missing, that started again last Saturday.

General Maximus 16-06-2017 14:01

Whatever you do don't watch Blood Drive. I didn't think it was possible but it is worse than Z Nation and I want 1 hour of my life back with 1000% interest. I am not evening going to waste my time on how crap the story is and how the whole premise of the show doesn't make sense but suffice to say that the biggest laugh you'll have in wondering how the "actors" in the series can seriously call themselves "actors". The entire thing is embarrassing and I don't why any tv network would pay for/waste money on it.

General Maximus 01-07-2017 15:03

The summer tv season isn't doing much for me. I would be a lot more enthusiastic if GoT and The Last Ship had started on time but they didn't Blood Drive was a joke and I have given up on The Mist after two eps. It seems more interested in the shock and horror factor than the story and characters. I was hoping it was going to be a new Under the Dome but it ain't.

Paul 01-07-2017 16:40

I currently have these ;

Killjoys
Wynonna Earp
Dark Matter
Shadowhunters

With these coming up later in July / Aug.

Game of Thrones
Midnight Texas
The Last Ship

General Maximus 01-07-2017 17:54

I have only got FTWD and Dark Matter atm. Zoo has just come back along with Salvation, The Strain and Midnight Texas this month and The Defenders and The Last Ship next month.

Luckily the fall tv season is going to be a lot better. Not only are there a lot of returning series but a tonne of new good ones as well. I am going to make my new list from September onwards in a couple of weeks. I am just waiting for the air dates to be posted for the returning series. I have got some of them but a lot are missing atm. I'll send you a pm before I do it because I'll need my editing powers to add series other people want as well.