Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Sirpingalot 25-07-2007 00:25

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Hot Fuzz was very humourous O.o

Tezcatlipoca 25-07-2007 01:48

Die Hard 4.0 (again, 1st time was on my own on a day off, this time was with Ally)

Yippe-Kai-Yay....

9/10

Woolly One 25-07-2007 13:33

Just Got back from The Simpsons Movie - 9.5/10. Even after watching all those trailers, it was still funny:D Kids really enjoyed it!

Jules 25-07-2007 21:28

Norbert.................give it a miss! 2/10

Scrubbs 25-07-2007 21:39

Just seen h potter.... hmmm..........7/10 didn't do the book justice I thought, but re watchable at a later date

SOSAGES 25-07-2007 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirpingalot (Post 34358220)
The Hills have Eyes. Hmm..Was ok, not the thickest plot but put together in a somewhat traditional way..very similar to Wolf Creek IMO. 7/10

watch the orginal (if u havnt)

and watch last house on the left for some more fun!

TheDaddy 26-07-2007 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules (Post 34359295)
Norbert.................give it a miss! 2/10

I remember reading that Norbit cost him an honouree Oscar, after the way he treated the mother of his child, imo good

Tech_Boy 27-07-2007 01:09

Michael Bay is due a serious kicking, not since Episode one when "Uncle George" urinated all over my childhood, have I felt this let down by a much anticipated film.

The story line was poor, but when you heard Peter Cullen's voice as Prime, you could kind of forget that, but then to hear Hugo Weaving as Megatron!?!
His voice lacked all the menace and venom of Frank Welker's Megatron, they kept him for the game, why not the movie?

All in all what a waste of £5

Cobbydaler 27-07-2007 02:26

Memento 9.5/10

Fantastic...

Slyder 27-07-2007 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech_Boy (Post 34360504)
The story line was poor, but when you heard Peter Cullen's voice as Prime, you could kind of forget that, but then to hear Hugo Weaving as Megatron!?!

His voice lacked all the menace and venom of Frank Welker's Megatron, they kept him for the game, why not the movie?

One of the stories floating around the net which I read was Frank did not like the storyline one bit and refused to do the movie when asked.

Sirpingalot 27-07-2007 16:43

Transformers. Suprisingly few people in the cinema, sadly..perhaps it was just because it was early..either way, this film was fantastic. Wouldn't say it's one for the younger kids though but I'm sure the action would grip them anyway. It's brilliant, 9.5/10

SOSAGES 28-07-2007 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech_Boy (Post 34360504)
Michael Bay is due a serious kicking, not since Episode one when "Uncle George" urinated all over my childhood, have I felt this let down by a much anticipated film.

All in all what a waste of £5

couldnt agree more. But still best film ever ;)

zing_deleted 28-07-2007 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirpingalot (Post 34360806)
Transformers. Suprisingly few people in the cinema, sadly..perhaps it was just because it was early..either way, this film was fantastic. Wouldn't say it's one for the younger kids though but I'm sure the action would grip them anyway. It's brilliant, 9.5/10

I would give my left gonad for the cinema to be that quiet everytime I go. I hate the constant chomp chomp of popcorn and kids nattering for the whole film. I went on Tuesdays to watch HP5 for a second time hoping for a bit more peace than the week before some stupid cow took a crying baby I mean whats that all about

Tezcatlipoca 29-07-2007 03:05

The Simpsons Movie

8/10

Bloody brilliant.

Very funny.

Slyder 29-07-2007 19:08

Hostel Part 2 - 9/10

Excellent film, brilliant death scenes a few nice surprises in there which I wasnt prepaired for to boot. I could see a story line to finish this as a trilogy with that weird chap always saying "I can help you"

Great film :cool: