Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Marge 15-07-2007 19:41

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix - late showing last night so not many people there thank god.

Found the storyline a tad confusing and it seemed more like it was building upto the next film so not one you could watch without having seen the others. However it was overall really good so 8/10 from me....

Stuart 15-07-2007 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marge (Post 34351417)
Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix - late showing last night so not many people there thank god.

Found the storyline a tad confusing and it seemed more like it was building upto the next film so not one you could watch without having seen the others. However it was overall really good so 8/10 from me....

Going to see that at the Imax cinema in Waterloo. Apparently the largest screen in London and the last twenty minutes are in 3d.

Mr_love_monkey 15-07-2007 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart C (Post 34351419)
Going to see that at the Imax cinema in Waterloo. Apparently the largest screen in London and the last twenty minutes are in 3d.

If it's 'proper' imax 3d - it will be very impressive.

The imax is an amazing place to see films - saw Matrix reloaded, and revolutions there - they were very well suited to the massive screen.

They also gave us a demo of the 3D system there - it was none of the crappy blue and red glasses stuff - yes you do need glasses for it, but they have normal looking lenses.
The 3d was so realistic

Sirpingalot 15-07-2007 20:02

Never watched anything in actual 3d. Will be a complete revolution when it becomes the standard..if it becomes the standard

tweetypie/8 16-07-2007 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 210980)
(thread idea lifted from another forum ;) :) )

Here goes......

Last night: "Underworld" (DVD) - good, better than I expected. I'd give it....7/10

Just finished watching: "Equilibrium" (DVD) - surprisingly very good. Good story, good cast, great action & fight scenes. Easily better than the awful Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions. Score: 8/10.

quigley down under a western with a twist:D great movie 8/10 :tu:

TheDaddy 17-07-2007 00:34

Shrek the Third, bit of a disappointment tbh, it's lost it's magic, no belly laughs just going through the motions really 6/10

ZrByte 17-07-2007 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Data (Post 34350987)
Transformers 2007.
The robots have their own character and are humourous too.
Good robotic fisticuffs and the effects are superb. Sadly, an autobot kicks the bucket *sniffle*

I enjoyed it, but the kids seem disinterested :erm:

9 out of 10

So how was your flight to the states then? You know since its not out here until Friday? :D :p:

AntiSilence 17-07-2007 07:08

Finally seen Hot Fuzz 9/10. Thought it was really good.

SOSAGES 17-07-2007 14:04

some like it hot - Not as funny as every review told me. The end was funny!

hills have eye 2 - dire dire dire dire but had a good way to kill someone in it.

3 dollars trilogy. possibly the greatest movies ever. Not at all as doom and gloom as i thought they would be. A superb music score and plenty of funny bits...they were also a little bit clever and that surprised me.

Hugh 17-07-2007 21:11

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 8/10

Really enjoyed it, not enough of Helena Bonham-Carter in it........

Data 18-07-2007 02:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZrByte (Post 34352471)
So how was your flight to the states then? You know since its not out here until Friday? :D :p:

Suprisingly cheap. :angel:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34351411)
"You've failed me yet again, Starscream!"

Matt came too. :D

lowhydrogen 18-07-2007 17:26

The Business - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429715/

bit lacking in the story dept but plenty of language & violence

7/10

TheDaddy 18-07-2007 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 34353091)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 8/10

Really enjoyed it, not enough of Helena Bonham-Carter in it........

I heard a reviewer say her performance reminded him of Cherie Blair :Yikes:

TheCrow 19-07-2007 23:54

Watched die hard 4 and fantastic four last night.

Both cracking films!

peanut 20-07-2007 00:24

Die Hard 4 ---- 6/10

My reason for the low'ish score is because its was just too OTT, the jet, the hacking into whatever on a mobile, the dialogue, I can go on and on. But the action was good, still enjoyable, just could have been a whole lot better.

Maybe if it was an 18 cert and instead of just cashing in / selling out, it could have worked out better.