Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Tezcatlipoca 21-05-2007 00:51

re: Rate the last movie you saw

The Frighteners (HD DVD, Director's Cut)

Excellent black comedy horror from Peter Jackson (LOTR, King Kong), when he was starting to enter the mainstream, but before he went on to do mega-budget blockbusters.

8/10

skyblueheroes 21-05-2007 07:41

Wallace & Gromt - Curse of The Were-Rabbit.
Not as good as everyone made out. Seems ideal at 30mins, but a tad long as a movie. Funny bits though and great lighting. 8/10.

Sin City

Loved it. Looked superb. 9/10.

Tezcatlipoca 21-05-2007 23:05

Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines (HD DVD)

OK, so it's not as good as the classic T2, but it's still an enjoyable Arnie SF action movie.

7/10

TheDaddy 21-05-2007 23:10

Hot Fuzz 7.5/10 pretty good :tu:

Zee 21-05-2007 23:22

White Chicks (TV Last night)

Watched it for the 2nd time and laughed just as much or even more then i did the first, that is one hell of a funny movie for me.

hahha!

homealone 21-05-2007 23:36

I've got 4½ movies lined up - ok 5 if you count the Divx of 'Forbidden Planet', but the rest are legit, honest

- Labyrinth - Jennifer Connelly, David Bowie & Jim Henson/Lucasfilm

- Life of Brian

- Groundhog Day

- One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - remastered.

- Mission Impossible 3

Forbidden Planet - my voice from the ID says 10/10 ;)

AntiSilence 22-05-2007 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 34310994)
Hot Fuzz 7.5/10 pretty good :tu:

Not seen that yet, but want to. I've even watched all 14 episodes of Spaced that I'd never seen before, just in case lol

---------- Post added at 00:32 ---------- Previous post was at 00:31 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone (Post 34311013)
I've got 4½ movies lined up - ok 5 if you count the Divx of 'Forbidden Planet', but the rest are legit, honest

FANTASTIC film. Love it. Got the soundtrack on CD too.

Damien 22-05-2007 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone (Post 34311013)

- Life of Brian

- Groundhog Day

- One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - remastered.

- Mission Impossible 3

Forbidden Planet - my voice from the ID says 10/10 ;)

Is the remastered Cuckoo's Nest new? I have not heard of a remastered version. Mmmmmm. Such a great film though, so is Life Of Brian

homealone 22-05-2007 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 34311061)
Is the remastered Cuckoo's Nest new? I have not heard of a remastered version. Mmmmmm. Such a great film though, so is Life Of Brian

just remastered sound, afaik - but I'll let you know ;)

Russ 22-05-2007 23:54

28 Weeks Later - surprisingly impressed with this although the director needs to get smacked upside the head for the too-fast-and-jerking camera motion used for most of the attack scenes.

I'd give it a 7 out of 10 - it drops marks for the final 10 seconds which is one of the worst endings to a film, and leaves it far too wide open for another sequel.

Xaccers 23-05-2007 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34311608)
I'd give it a 7 out of 10 - it drops marks for the final 10 seconds which is one of the worst endings to a film, and leaves it far too wide open for another sequel.

Aw, we thought the ending couldn't have happened to a nicer country ;)

Russ 23-05-2007 09:58

That's true but the ending was typical Hollywood, so there's bound to be a third film (28 months anyone?) in the making.

What I don't understand is...

Spoiler: 
How did Robert Carlyle's character survive the carpet bombing? How did he manage to get access to the quarantine areas which contained a VERY contagious and dangerous virus? I know he was a 'caretaker' type but there's no way he'd get such access in a military are.

Xaccers 23-05-2007 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34311773)
That's true but the ending was typical Hollywood, so there's bound to be a third film (28 months anyone?) in the making.

What I don't understand is...

Spoiler: 
How did Robert Carlyle's character survive the carpet bombing? How did he manage to get access to the quarantine areas which contained a VERY contagious and dangerous virus? I know he was a 'caretaker' type but there's no way he'd get such access in a military are.

I reckon

Spoiler: 

He found another under Thames walk way which the American's didn't notice, just like the unprotected/unbarricaded one that the main charactors managed to get out of.
The incompetence of the Americans was demonstrated by them putting everyone into a dark underground carpark and forgetting to lock the back doors.
Getting everyone out onto a rooftop where the only access (stairs) can be protected would have been much more sensible.

etccarmageddon 23-05-2007 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34310382)
Utter rubbish with the worst 'twist' to an ending you've ever seen.

is there a word or 2 missing from that sentence cos I'm not sure what you mean?:confused:

Russ 23-05-2007 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by etccarmageddon (Post 34311816)
is there a word or 2 missing from that sentence cos I'm not sure what you mean?:confused:

Eh??

It means I thought the film was utter rubbish as it had the worst 'twist' that I've ever seen.