Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

AntiSilence 04-11-2006 03:02

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 34150107)
Thank you, Xaccers and TheDaddy - just saved me the price of a cinema ticket; I was pondering whether to go see Ultraviolet - you have helped me with that. :)

And for Silent Hill?

liamboyle06 06-11-2006 16:02

Borat movie
I was in stitches laughing at it, would recommend not taking the children to it as theres a scene where both are running & Fighting completely naked leaving nothing to the imagination.
It is very funny show and shows how American really thinks about themselves.
I'd give it 8/10

CycoSymz 06-11-2006 17:54

Fletch.
Watched it yesterday...i'd forgotten how funny Chevy Chase is in this move. What a classic.

Gareth 06-11-2006 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by liamboyle06 (Post 34151806)
Borat movie
I was in stitches laughing at it, would recommend not taking the children to it as theres a scene where both are running & Fighting completely naked leaving nothing to the imagination.
It is very funny show and shows how American really thinks about themselves.
I'd give it 8/10

Am really looking forward to seeing this... glad you didn't say it was a disappointment :)

TheDaddy 06-11-2006 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gareth (Post 34151933)
Am really looking forward to seeing this... glad you didn't say it was a disappointment :)

Me to :tu:

Hugh 06-11-2006 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiSilence (Post 34150553)
And for Silent Hill?

Was never going to see that - not a horror fan.

Tezcatlipoca 06-11-2006 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34144020)
The Departed 9/10

Quality movie and a real break from traditional hollywood type scripts, No shakey god damn hand cam either.

A bit violent and you'll need your thinking cap on but a great piece of work by Scorsese, Jack Nicholson is ****ing superb too.

See it.

Should be seeing this tomorrow.

Looks excellent. Great director, great cast, and based on a great Hong Kong movie (Infernal Affairs).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaccers (Post 34150090)
Ultraviolet for starters!
What a load of rubbish.
Totally flat, no depth at all.
Most of the camera work/effects reminded me of Captain Power!
It's as though a group of students got together and made a film about their favourite comic and somehome managed to talk Milla into being in it.

3/10 and thats only because Milla was able to make an ok job out of a terrible role!

I seriously felt cheated by this film.

I really wanted to see this before it came out, as I love Kurt Wimmer's previous movie "Equilibrium".

I've heard so many bad things about it, though, that I don't think I'll bother.

Apparently the studio edited the fight scenes, and also cut more than half an hour from the movie overall, rendering it pretty crap. There is an unrated extended cut region 1 DVD, with an extra 7 minutes of footage, but that's probably not enough to rescue it.

Hugh 06-11-2006 20:39

Yes, Equilibrium was cool (imho) - especially the GunKata.

Xaccers 06-11-2006 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34152037)
I really wanted to see this before it came out, as I love Kurt Wimmer's previous movie "Equilibrium".

I've heard so many bad things about it, though, that I don't think I'll bother.

Apparently the studio edited the fight scenes, and also cut more than half an hour from the movie overall, rendering it pretty crap. There is an unrated extended cut region 1 DVD, with an extra 7 minutes of footage, but that's probably not enough to rescue it.

I can't believe this film has any links with Equilibrium!
Milla spends most of the movie with no nose, only two nostrals due to the crummy airbrush effect everyone has.

AntiSilence 06-11-2006 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flange (Post 34151921)
Fletch.
Watched it yesterday...i'd forgotten how funny Chevy Chase is in this move. What a classic.

You know how you text me and told me to watch it... Well.... I forgot :(

TheBlueRaja 07-11-2006 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34152037)
Should be seeing this tomorrow.

Looks excellent. Great director, great cast, and based on a great Hong Kong movie (Infernal Affairs).

Let me know what you think bud!

orangebird 07-11-2006 10:38

Switchblade Romance...well the last half hour of it... I didn't get it. :dunce: 4/10

Tezcatlipoca 08-11-2006 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34152284)
Let me know what you think bud!

9/10

Absolutely bloody brilliant movie, great story, great script, great direction, great cast. Even DiCaprio was great, & I normally find him annoying.

The Departed :tu:

TheDaddy 09-11-2006 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34153086)
9/10

Absolutely bloody brilliant movie, great story, great script, great direction, great cast. Even DiCaprio was great, & I normally find him annoying.

The Departed :tu:

I watched this last night, I agree with almost everything you said, 8/10 :tu:, not much chance of a sequel though is there :)

etccarmageddon 09-11-2006 14:58

20mins of Ultraviolet and then I decided my time is too important to waste on a teenage kids movie. ie. if I was 15 and fancied Milla that much I'd watch it.