Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Chris W 19-05-2004 14:15

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

last night i watched Full Metal Jacket- first half 10/10, second half 6/10 and Kill Bill - 6/10

Bex 19-05-2004 14:35

just watched triple x......really enjoyed....bit silly and unbelievable in places but hey its only a film 9/10

and van diesel gets an 8/10.... nice bod bit to muscular for me though ;)

Bex 19-05-2004 17:00

i just watched "calender girls" on DVD.....didn't think i would enjoy it but i thought it was actually fantastic 9/10

yes i know im watching too many movies.......:pp

Defiant 19-05-2004 17:03

Watched the Titanic some time ago now but someone told me the ending and ruined it ;) :pp :D

Graham 19-05-2004 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defiant
Watched the Titanic some time ago now but someone told me the ending and ruined it ;) :pp :D

And they cut out the scene of the Polar Bear asking if there was any news of the iceberg...! :D

Miss C 19-05-2004 20:25

Last night I watched Croupier (well most of it - missed the first half hour, which might have been important) - 6/10 and Almost Famous 9 3/4 /10. I'm taking 1/4 off because I'm not sure the ending should have been quite what it was - but that's me being overly critical. Oh what the hell, it deserves a 10. :D

Miss C 19-05-2004 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by altis
Last night we saw Touching The Void with a load from our mountaineering club. This was the second time I'd watched it and I found it even more gripping than the first. It's a docu-drama based on the book of the same name by Joe Simpson. The film cuts back and forth between the real Joe, Simon and Richard talking to the camera and the actors replaying their story on the mountain. And what a story. The world of mountaineering abounds with epic tales but this is simply one of the best - highly recommended.

Oh Altis, it's a stunning film, isn't it? Amazing, incredible, awe inspiring true story of Joe Simpson's survival. I saw it twice at the cinema and now have it on DVD. If I feel sorry for myself I put it on and he inspires me to stop being "wet"!!:D Not a mountaineer myself but you don't have to be to appreciate this film.

Definitely highly recommended by me too.

C

Miss C 19-05-2004 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham
And they cut out the scene of the Polar Bear asking if there was any news of the iceberg...! :D

:D Pity the polar bear didn't savage the entire lot of them before they got the chance to make the god awful thing in the first place.

C

Miss C 19-05-2004 20:33

Meant to say, saw Fight Club for the first time at the weekend. Hadn't realised Edward Norton was in it or I'd have watched it before. :D Thought it was very good. A 7/10 I think.

C

abailey152 19-05-2004 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss C
Almost Famous 9 3/4 /10. I'm taking 1/4 off because I'm not sure the ending should have been quite what it was - but that's me being overly critical. Oh what the hell, it deserves a 10. :D

I've got the Directors Cut DVD. It's got some extra stuff, including the radio interview which is meantioned in the normal cut but not seen. A shame since this part is brilliant, and very funny.

Miss C 19-05-2004 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by abailey152
I've got the Directors Cut DVD. It's got some extra stuff, including the radio interview which is meantioned in the normal cut but not seen. A shame since this part is brilliant, and very funny.

Oooh really? I think I might have to take another trip to Amazon. :)

C

dilli-theclaw 21-05-2004 19:03

Shaun of the dead

5/10

Tezcatlipoca 21-05-2004 19:34

Rented out "Paycheck" on DVD....

6/10

Enjoyable, & an interesting idea, but its a fairly "run of the mill" movie. Nothing amazing.

Compared to other films based on PKD stories....Paycheck is not anywhere near as good as Bladerunner, nor even Minority Report or Total Recall.

It was also a bit of a let-down for a John Woo film.

Xaccers 21-05-2004 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca
Rented out "Paycheck" on DVD....

6/10

Enjoyable, & an interesting idea, but its a fairly "run of the mill" movie. Nothing amazing.

Compared to other films based on PKD stories....Paycheck is not anywhere near as good as Bladerunner, nor even Minority Report or Total Recall.

It was also a bit of a let-down for a John Woo film.

I'd give it 8/10, was interesting, action filled, much better than Total Recall.

Charlie_Bubble 21-05-2004 19:40

Troy - 6 out of 10. Bit dull. Seems to be aimed at females, ie lots of men getting in and out of armour. Dull dialogue. The number of times we are reminded how their names will live on for 1000 years for fighting in this battle, the movie won't even be remembered next year. Too much of Achilles (Pitt) brooding.