Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Jules 10-07-2006 15:17

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Went to see Pirates of the Caribbean on Saturday, good film, I am just gutted now as I didn't wait until the credits had ended to see what came up :(

TheNorm 12-07-2006 09:32

I saw The Thin Man on TCM last night - excellent film! I particularly liked the way the humour was so sharp, considering that the film was made in 1934. It was also interesting to see a young Cesar Romero, who would go on to play The Joker in the the 1960's Batman series.

Why can't they make more like this?

TheBlueRaja 18-07-2006 08:20

Saw Superman on Sunday night, great effects but a poor movie as not much happens.

Still - i did enjoy it.

orangebird 18-07-2006 09:19

Dead Mans Chest. A bit gruesome tbh. All those barnacles on their faces and stuff :sick: But I did enjoy it very much. The ending was really irritating, but I suppose it served it's purpose - am definitely going to see the next one - anyone know when it's released? 7/10 :tu:

Stephen 18-07-2006 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
Saw Superman on Sunday night, great effects but a poor movie as not much happens.

Still - i did enjoy it.

did you see the same movie that I did. There was loads happening in the film. Maybe not the biggest actions scenes but there was a lot of good story happening, also reintroducing the characters.

TheBlueRaja 18-07-2006 11:27

JMO bro!

It didnt grab me, seemed to be a week story to be honest.

pedantic 18-07-2006 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangebird
Dead Mans Chest. A bit gruesome tbh. All those barnacles on their faces and stuff :sick: But I did enjoy it very much. The ending was really irritating, but I suppose it served it's purpose - am definitely going to see the next one - anyone know when it's released? 7/10 :tu:

According to this it will be May, next year. I'm pretty sure that's a US release date though, as is usually the case with new films.

liamboyle06 18-07-2006 15:30

Superman - thought it was brilliant, good introduction of character histories, great special effects, nice story line - stuck well to the original films.
Over all a brilliant film 9/10

Stuart 22-07-2006 19:06

Superman (again).

High points: Most of the cast (Brandon Routh actually does a good job of playing Superman like Christopher Reeve did), the story, the special FX.

Low points: I am reaching a bit here, as she is still good, but Kate Bosworth doesn't play Lois Lane quite as well as Margot Kidder did (IMO).

Russ 23-07-2006 16:36

United 93 - very upsetting and although we don't know if it was the true events, it's hard not to feel nothing but pure hate for Islamic terrorists.

lauzjp 27-07-2006 14:57

I would like to know what people make of the last few Bond films - I'm just so excited that Chris Cornell is doing the theme song

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5220262.stm

:D

I think the last bond film I saw was the living daylights, all bond films look the same to me!

Gareth 31-07-2006 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart C
Superman (again).

High points: Most of the cast (Brandon Routh actually does a good job of playing Superman like Christopher Reeve did), the story, the special FX.

Low points: I am reaching a bit here, as she is still good, but Kate Bosworth doesn't play Lois Lane quite as well as Margot Kidder did (IMO).

I'd agree with your high points about Brandon Routh and the special effects, but I think the story should have been one of the low points as it was a long-winded pile of old dross, imo.

Oh, and you're spot-on about Kate Bosworth... she does a good job, but it's not quite there in comparison to Kidder (but at least she's better at Lois Lane than Teri Hatcher was ;) )

Aragorn 31-07-2006 09:53

Saw PotC yesterday. Not as good as I was hoping - maybe because it's mainly more of the same. Still entertaining, just not as fresh as the original.
(Jules - you didn't miss much at the end - PM if you really want to know!)
7/10

Mal 06-08-2006 00:27

Saw Miami Vice today. Not the best movie going, but a good popcorn movie :)

TheBlueRaja 07-08-2006 11:28

V for Vendetta

Got this one out on DVD, bloody good movie - really enjoyed it and its weirdly relevant.

Totally different to what i expected.

Wallace and Grommit - Curse of the Ware Rabbit

What more is there to say - class animation.