Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Legendary_PSR 29-06-2006 18:09

re: Rate the last movie you saw

watched pirates of the caribbean(again) cos of the 2nd one appearing soon. still a very good film i thought

dilli-theclaw 29-06-2006 18:12

Ultraviolet - which was ok I guess.

But then I quite fancy the heroine :)

Stephen 08-07-2006 01:44

Just back from seeing Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead man's Chest.

Amazing swashbuckling action. Loved it. Can't wait to see the 3rd one now.

9/10

Halcyon 08-07-2006 11:52

The Lake House

Starring Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock, this is a romantic drama.
A little predictable but a nice romantic story that puts you in a happy mood. Very enjoyable if you want something a little romantic and a change from action movies.

Stuart 08-07-2006 23:20

District 13: Luc Besson back at his best! After loving "The Transporter", I was a little disappointed with the sequel. It wasn't bad, just not that memorable.

It hasn't got a massively complicated story, but it is quite well acted, the action is brilliant (especially the amazing escape sequence at the beginning, and some amazing car stunts). I won't give away too mch of the plot, but the hero is a young bloke who is lives in the seediest town in France, and he is trying to rid the area of drugs. He is also the bloke who was escaping from a gang in a video that floated around the internet a few months back (even posted on here I think).

It's well worth an hour and a half of anyone's time, and the only thing that might irritate some people is that it's in French with English subtitles.

Slyder 09-07-2006 10:36

Lucky Number Slevin... 10/10... quality film, brilliant story with some excellent twists... :D

Hard Candy... meh... the trailer looked good... thats all I will say on the matter...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Ultraviolet - which was ok I guess.

But then I quite fancy the heroine :)

I didnt watch it for the story either, (which was shockingly poor imo) I always felt this was a play on her previous films.

My name is Alice - blah blah blah experiments... goverment stuff... blah blah blah
My name is Violet - blah blah blah more experiments... more goverment stuff... blah blah blah...

Ive made my point I think....

Hugh 09-07-2006 10:48

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - great fun!

ps You can wait till after the 10 minutes of titles for a little bit extra, but imho it didn't add anything (unless I am proved wrong in POTC3-World's End

Halcyon 09-07-2006 11:53

Thanks, I will make sure I wait til the end of the credits.
I'm looking forward to seeing this film.
I wonder when the 3rd one will be out too.

etccarmageddon 09-07-2006 12:08

slyder - I recommend kiss kiss bang bang if you like that lucky number film.

ZrByte 09-07-2006 16:49

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - Utter Garbage!!! Ok it was fairly funny, and there where some good stunts and effects but it was nowhere near as good as the original, not by a long shot!! That said im sure I'll still be one of the first in when number three comes out.

Stephen 09-07-2006 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon
Thanks, I will make sure I wait til the end of the credits.
I'm looking forward to seeing this film.
I wonder when the 3rd one will be out too.

Apparently may 2007 !!:(

Enuff 09-07-2006 23:28

Watched Schindlers List the other day. a very good film, recommended.

Stuart 10-07-2006 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slyder

I didnt watch it for the story either, (which was shockingly poor imo) I always felt this was a play on her previous films.

My name is Alice - blah blah blah experiments... goverment stuff... blah blah blah
My name is Violet - blah blah blah more experiments... more goverment stuff... blah blah blah...

Ive made my point I think....

Actually, Ultraviolet is written and directed by the writer and director of Equilibrium, and borrows heavily from that. Especially the religious imagery (did you notice that the large centre at the end was actually the shape of a cross?).

Equilibrium was a far better film though.

TheDaddy 10-07-2006 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart C
Actually, Ultraviolet is written and directed by the writer and director of Equilibrium, and borrows heavily from that. Especially the religious imagery (did you notice that the large centre at the end was actually the shape of a cross?).

Equilibrium was a far better film though.

Saw Equillibrium last night, very strange, sort of Fahrenheit 451 /1984 meets the Matrix, I thought it was pretty good though.

TheBlueRaja 10-07-2006 15:06

Nightwatch 8/10

A russian big budget movie (yes they do have them) which takes from just about every big moive ever made. (Star Wars, LOTR, Matrix, Blade etc.) but still produces quite a fresh feel to it, first of a trilogy too apparently.

Well worth a watch!