Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Stuart 26-04-2006 14:00

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris T
Finally saw Tomb Raider last night, on BBC3. It's typical of a game-to-movie conversion and proves that sufficient plot for a computer game is not sufficient plot for a 90-minute feature.

I wouldn't sit and watch someone else play Tomb Raider from start to finish, so why does a film studio think I'll want to sit and watch someone else 'playing' it on a cinema screen?

4/10 because it looked good and filled an evening. I say 'it', not 'she' ... is Angeline Jolie supposed to be a pin up?

I think Tomb Raider (and to a certain extent TRII) is an excellent "friday night, after the pub" movie. By that, I mean very little story, impressive stunts, impressive special FX and a main character with large t*ts.

Chris 26-04-2006 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart C
a main character with large t*ts.

Charcter, but not actress - she had to wear a padded bra in order to achieve the Lara Croft look, IIRC. She still doesn't do anything for me though.

Stuart 26-04-2006 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris T
Quote:

a main character with large t*ts.

Charcter, but not actress - she had to wear a padded bra in order to achieve the Lara Croft look, IIRC. She still doesn't do anything for me though.

Each to their own. I do think that Angelina Jolie can look quite sexy, but she didn't look too sexy in Tomb Raider.

I think she actually is quite well endowed, it's just that the Lara Croft build is anotomically very difficult. At lease without installing implants large enough that they are likely to cause health problems.

Chris 26-04-2006 14:34

Quote:

Each to their own. I do think that Angelina Jolie can look quite sexy, but she didn't look too sexy in Tomb Raider.

I think she actually is quite well endowed, it's just that the Lara Croft build is anotomically very difficult. At lease without installing implants large enough that they are likely to cause health problems.

/opens mouth to say something about the nerds who devised the 'Lara Croft build'

/decides discretion is the better part of valour

:D

etccarmageddon 26-04-2006 15:00

Quote:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001401/bio

Quote:

I'll make it real simple, I'm a 36-C. In the game, she's a double-D. In the movie, she's a D. We split the difference...

p.s. as far as I know she has not purchased or leased implants.

Halcyon 05-05-2006 00:04

Mission impossible III

This is a big blockbuster full of explosive action and big impossible stunts.
This is mission impossible so some things are hard to believe so dont take it too seriosuly.
It's a good movie and has elements from the past films too. Probably the best of the 3 films.

Stuart 05-05-2006 01:00

Nightwatch: I bought this based purely upon a couple of reviews, and the trailer. What I was expecting was a good action film, with some impressive stunts, What I got was a film that seemed to take all it's mystical background, and a fair amount of the backing story, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I kept thinking of the Watcher's Council). The image was aided by the fact that, in one scene, a character is watching the Dracula episode of Buffy.

It's actually not a bad film. The dubbing is a little distracting (and actually doesn't match with the subtitles), and the story is actually allright. There are a few absolutely stunning scenes, but in general, I wouldn't have bought it if I had seen it.

greencreeper 05-05-2006 09:35

I caught a bit of the Matrix on TV. Not seen it before. All has become clear as to why it's popular - lets the spotty no-life geeks dream, if only for a moment, that they can be the all-action hero Neo :D Seemed very good. Must watch the whole thing.

pedantic 05-05-2006 09:45

The Italian Job 7/10

Not seen this before, not sure why. I probably thought it would be a cheesy remake of the classic. Totally different story line though, just a couple of similarities. But mainly watched it because of Charlize Theron. :drool: oops:

Stuart 05-05-2006 10:27

I also watched "The Butterfly Effect" the other day. A surprisingly interesting film. I can't go into to much detail, but it's basically about a man, who since being a small boy, has had blackouts. He then discovers he can remember what happened during the blackouts. As the film goes on, he also discovers the ability to *change* what happened (the actual events, not just the memories) in the blackouts. The film is about the changes that occur in his life because of this ability.

Interesting idea executed quite well.

Jules 05-05-2006 11:59

We went to see Ice age2 at the weekend (more because we had a free ticket lol) and I have to say it was ok 8/10

TheBlueRaja 05-05-2006 15:55

Quote:

I also watched "The Butterfly Effect" the other day. A surprisingly interesting film. I can't go into to much detail, but it's basically about a man, who since being a small boy, has had blackouts. He then discovers he can remember what happened during the blackouts. As the film goes on, he also discovers the ability to *change* what happened (the actual events, not just the memories) in the blackouts. The film is about the changes that occur in his life because of this ability.

Sounds good that one!

nintendo 05-05-2006 19:40

treasure planet - 4/10

disney disaster!!!

chocky909 06-05-2006 01:18

Quote:

So basically, "Quantum Leap - The Movie" ;)

Jules 20-05-2006 12:50

I watched "Not another teen movie" last night, it is quite good but I suspect I enjoyed it for different reasons to our esteemed Admin Russ ;)

If you like Scarey movie I am sure you will enjoy this