Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

orangebird 25-04-2006 12:51

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Any body seen Silent Hill yet? Am off to see it tonight....

Nugget 25-04-2006 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangebird

Ooh ooh, let us know how you get on 'cos I'm planning on seeing this next week while Mrs Nug is away (I might even get Slither in as well)

Dave Stones 25-04-2006 13:55

Quote:

It's not bad but it's overrated. You also get a bit lost in the plot sometimes too... or I did anyway :D (Non-Silent Hill-Playing watcher).

I've just rewatched the Cube franchise again. Mucho themes that Saw seemed to draw off, suppose it's inevitable though with them both having the same relatively small production companies...

Cube 7/10
Cube:Hypercube 5/10
Cube Zero 7/10

:D

Chris 25-04-2006 14:07

The Family Stone: Imagine 'Meet the Parents', then take out all the jokes. Absolutely awful. 2/10.

TheBlueRaja 25-04-2006 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Stones
It's not bad but it's overrated. You also get a bit lost in the plot sometimes too... or I did anyway :D (Non-Silent Hill-Playing watcher).

I've just rewatched the Cube franchise again. Mucho themes that Saw seemed to draw off, suppose it's inevitable though with them both having the same relatively small production companies...

Cube 7/10
Cube Zero 7/10

Cube Zero eh... Not seen that one yet, the first one was superb.

orangebird 25-04-2006 16:36

Quote:

Cube 7/10
Cube Zero 7/10

I didn't even know it was based on a game til yesterday.. :dunce:

etccarmageddon 25-04-2006 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris T
The Family Stone: Imagine 'Meet the Parents', then take out all the jokes. Absolutely awful. 2/10.

I disagree, I thought it was ok. the humour was a lot more reserved and darker. The film lost it though when the relationships went in a strange direction - I wont say anymore as that would be spoilers.

chocky909 25-04-2006 20:27

Office Space - comedy by Mike Judge of King Of The Hill fame - really good in a not too pretentious way. Can't believe I hadn't heard of it until now. 9/10

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Quote:

Cube 7/10
Cube Zero 7/10

You haven't seen the whole set yet... the original arthouse TV drama/film was I think what the three films where based on... slightly different in tone mind...directed by Jim Henson no less

imdb link

Slyder 25-04-2006 21:00

Ben Dover - Housewives' Fantasies Fulfilled 1/10
Not half enough smut as previous titles for my likeing...... :D

on a serious note... last film I watched was Narnia... Give me the original or the book anyday. This is another example how classic films should be left as classics and not re-hashed. 1/10

chocky909 25-04-2006 21:20

Quote:

Cube 7/10
Cube Zero 7/10

Oh and you can watch the Jim Henson original on youtube I just found out... here
It seems al ittle out of sync, soundwise though... It's available through other means too I've heard...

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slyder
Ben Dover - Housewives' Fantasies Fulfilled 1/10
Not half enough smut as previous titles for my likeing...... :D

on a serious note... last film I watched was Narnia... Give me the original or the book anyday. This is another example how classic films should be left as classics and not re-hashed. 1/10

Original? You talking about the BBC dramatisations because I remember hating those when I was a teenager? I read the books when I was much younger and thought the BBC version was pretty rubbish - but then I nearly always find that about books adapted to film - you can watch the film and then read and enjoy the book, but not so easily the other way round.

I haven't watched the film yet but keep meaning to...

Jules 25-04-2006 23:01

Scarey movie 4 is not as good as the other ones 5/10

Keeping mum was a let down 5/10

orangebird 26-04-2006 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget
Ooh ooh, let us know how you get on 'cos I'm planning on seeing this next week while Mrs Nug is away (I might even get Slither in as well)

OK. I give this 6/10. Quite scary, a little bit gruesome in some parts but I didn't really get the ending. :dunce:

joggerspark 26-04-2006 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules
Scarey movie 4 is not as good as the other ones 5/10

Keeping mum was a let down 5/10

i agree keeping mum not as expected..

Nugget 26-04-2006 10:21

Quote:

OK. I give this 6/10. Quite scary, a little bit gruesome in some parts but I didn't really get the ending. :dunce:

Cheers OB - I'll let you know what I think next week :tu:

liamboyle06 26-04-2006 12:04

Silent Hill - stuck to game well, but not all that scary, bit confusing at times - 6/10
Scary Movie 4 - Started well, but just dragged on - 5/10