Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Mal 12-11-2005 23:46

re: Rate the last movie you saw

The Machinist - Very strange film, which is actually boring. It's one of those films that you only watch to the end of it, to see if there was actually a point to it.

Interesting to see Christian Bale so thin though. Especially as his next film was Batman Begins. :erm:

Halcyon 19-11-2005 00:51

18/11/05 - Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire

I went to see this tonight and I'm glad I booked. The place waspacked but I did get good seats.
Anyway.... on to the film review....
I think this is one of my favourite ones out of the Harry Potter movies.
The first one was magical as everything was new, and then I thought "The Prisoner of Azkaban" was good, but "The Goblet Of Fire" is now definately one of my favourites.
Its very well produced and the effects are great too.
For the book readers, you will find a few of the sub plots missing but do realise the book was massive so they've done quite well to get all into one movie.
The charactars are now growing up and you can see new sides to them all... romance starting to take a part of their lives, and friendships breaking and building.
There is lots of action, many challanges for Harry and his team, and lots of new faces, so I definately reccomend it.

zing_deleted 19-11-2005 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon

I went to see this tonight and I'm glad I booked. The place waspacked but I did get good seats.
Anyway.... on to the film review....
I think this is one of my favourite ones out of the Harry Potter movies.
The first one was magical as everything was new, and then I thought "The Prisoner of Azkaban" was good, but "The Goblet Of Fire" is now definately one of my favourites.
Its very well produced and the effects are great too.
For the book readers, you will find a few of the sub plots missing but do realise the book was massive so they've done quite well to get all into one movie.
The charactars are now growing up and you can see new sides to them all... romance starting to take a part of their lives, and friendships breaking and building.
There is lots of action, many challanges for Harry and his team, and lots of new faces, so I definately reccomend it.

I went last night also.Best so far by a long way nice and dark and nasty.Excellent watch a must see

Aragorn 21-11-2005 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb
I went last night also.Best so far by a long way nice and dark and nasty.Excellent watch a must see

Saw the Goblet of Fire yesterday - great film, mixture of superb effects and emotional characters.

Slightly disappointed by the amount they cut out, but as a 'kids' film you get go much over 2.5 hours. I wonder if there'll be a LotR style extended version for DVD?

9/10

ScaredWebWarrior 21-11-2005 16:35

Quote:

Just turned up Sunday morning and got seats easily - even got a choice of performance times.

The film was excellent - all the usual cool magical effects and a nice brooding atmosphere throughout. Lots of details that will require further viewing (or it will for me, as I didn't read the book.)

The interplay between the main characters is becoming more interesting too - and not just the romantic threads, but simply the increasing complexity of the relationships/emotions.

I can heartily recommend it.

SOSAGES 21-11-2005 17:27

goblet of fire - 2/10 better than the last one where they had to write in some time travel to fix all the issues with the plot... harry go away your a naff wizard

jellybaby 26-11-2005 14:49

Watched Flight Plan last night...8/10

Very enjoyable :)

Stephen 26-11-2005 15:44

Goblet of Fire on 18/11, I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely getting more and more dark,can't wait til the next film.

to SOSAGES the book also had the time travel element in it.

Halcyon 27-11-2005 12:23

:: FLIGHT PLAN ::

When I saw the trailer for this I thought it would be briliant, and though it is a good film, I did feel let down half way through.
The start of it is quite interesting and there is a lot going on. However towards the end I felt it just turned into a typical movie thats been done a thousand times before.

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE SEEN THE FILM,
Spoiler: 
I think it would have been more interesting if: When she goes up into the loft of the plane and cuts the wires, then She would have become a hijacker.

I think I'd give it 6/10

Slyder 27-11-2005 12:32

Quote:

:: FLIGHT PLAN ::

When I saw the trailer for this I thought it would be briliant, and though it is a good film, I did feel let down half way through.
The start of it is quite interesting and there is a lot going on. However towards the end I felt it just turned into a typical movie thats been done a thousand times before.

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE SEEN THE FILM,
Spoiler: 
I think it would have been more interesting if: When she goes up into the loft of the plane and cuts the wires, then She would have become a hijacker.

I think I'd give it 6/10

Yeah me and the misses watched in Friday night. Id agree with all your points tbh. We enjoyed it. 6 maybe 7 out of 10.

etccarmageddon 27-11-2005 12:43

mr and mrs smith - a let down due to poor acting and a plot which any moron could have written.

sir_drinks_alot 27-11-2005 16:38

The Butterfly Effect -7/10

This movie is just to Confusing i could bearly keep up with the plot it was moveing that fast !

Marge 27-11-2005 16:51

Harry Potter, saw it last Sunday with the fella, I really enjoyed it, thought the special effects were stunning but found the storyline a bit difficult to understand. He was quite disappointed having read the book and already having seen it on the thursday :erm:

Electrolyte01 27-11-2005 18:57

Star Wars Episode 3 - 9/10.

Most enjoyable episode I've watched from the Star Wars series :)

clupet 28-11-2005 01:03

national treasure, a poor mans da vinci code, bit cheesy but good......can't wait until the da vinci code comes out please dont dissapoint me !!!