Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

denphone 06-03-2016 17:55

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

l am looking forward to seeing this film in time.

adzii_nufc 26-03-2016 18:25

Dawn of Justice: 4/10

Can't say I didn't expect it but I expected a lot better after man of steel which I consider the best Superman movie to date. If this is DCs answer to the avengers, then it's horrid.

tweedle 26-03-2016 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35829378)
Dawn of Justice: 4/10

Can't say I didn't expect it but I expected a lot better after man of steel which I consider the best Superman movie to date. If this is DCs answer to the avengers, then it's horrid.

I totally agree with the above, But 4/10?? Generous...at least the VIP leather reclining seats ensured a peaceful nap.

Stephen 27-03-2016 08:59

Batman V Superman - 7/10

Overall I really enjoyed it.

Hugh 28-03-2016 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35829432)
Batman V Superman - 7/10

Overall I really enjoyed it.

Yup, me too - slow starting (which isn't a problem for me), but then two hours of non-stop action, which worked well in 3D IMAX.
7/10

Tinky 28-03-2016 18:33

10 Cloverfield Lane 7/10 claustrophobic film with a twist at the end.

denphone 28-03-2016 19:16

Is it as good as the 1st one Tinky?.

Tinky 28-03-2016 19:57

Didn't see the first one unfortunately Den, but most of the film is supposedly shot in a bunker and that for me is a no no as far as I am concerned as I am very claustrophobic.:eek:

tweedle 28-03-2016 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35829583)
Yup, me too - slow starting (which isn't a problem for me), but then two hours of non-stop action, which worked well in 3D IMAX.
7/10

Call me a purest but I detest post production 3D, glad you enjoyed such a poor movie though. An you weren't even paid to give 7/10 unlike certain sites ;)

By the way, if you get a chance to see it in 2D imax you'll get the best experience!! But I understand most people just want "3D it's 3D!!!!!!!" Lol.

Hugh 28-03-2016 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedle (Post 35829623)
Call me a purest but I detest post production 3D, glad you enjoyed such a poor movie though. An you weren't even paid to give 7/10 unlike certain sites ;)

By the way, if you get a chance to see it in 2D imax you'll get the best experience!! But I understand most people just want "3D it's 3D!!!!!!!" Lol.

You obviously have an issue with subjective experiences - just because you like/dislike something, it doesn't mean others have to have the same experience; that's what makes life interesting, rather than a homogenous boring everyone thinks the same...

I saw it in 3D IMAX because my son-in-law bought the tickets - I, my son-in-law's father, my son-in-law's two friends, and my daughter enjoyed it; my son-in-law wasn't so keen, but he didn't feel the need to disparage others because of it.

Do you have any proof that reviewers were paid to score it well, or are you just repeating internet gossip? Considering it took $424 million on it's opening weekend, you would have thought if it was so bad, word of mouth would have killed it (like it did for the FF4 remake).

Stephen 28-03-2016 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedle (Post 35829623)

Post production 3D has come a long way in the last few years and most of the time it can actually be rather good and sometimes better than filmed in 3D.

Personally I liked it in 3D.

Also the critics did give the film a hard time and some would say they had it in for the film from the moment it was announced. 90% of all my friends and family that have seen the film did in fact enjoy it, don't get me wrong its not perfect by any means though.

As for paid reviewers that is just internet rumour/gossip.

denphone 28-03-2016 21:02

The thing is a lot of critics like to hear their own opinions a lot in my humble opinion but alas they have never erected a statue for a critic yet and never will.

adzii_nufc 29-03-2016 17:37

Alright, Deadpool 10/10

Production hell for so many years and I struggle to see why. This is easily up there if not beyond Winter Soldier. Absolutely killed the memory of the monstrosity the first Wolverine origin story left us with.

Stephen 29-03-2016 17:39

Please behave now children

Tinky 10-04-2016 18:32

The girl in the photographs 7/10 Gruesomely gory :shocked: