Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Peter_ 18-07-2010 07:04

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Dirty Harry 9/10 Classic Clint Eastwood movie.

Tezcatlipoca 18-07-2010 21:43

Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace

7/10

Good: Darth Maul, Lightsaber duels, space battles, Palpatine's rise.

Bad: Jar Jar, Midichlorians, Anakin.

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

8/10

Definite improvement on TPM. Less Jar Jar; even more lightsabre duels; clone troopers; more of Palpatine's scheming; Mace Windu (I can so imagine SLJ saying "Jedi Lightsabre. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every <badperson> in the room, accept no substitutes."); Christopher Lee;... and of course Yoda being a bad-ass.

Bit too much "Padme, I love you, wah wah wah", but I suppose it was necessary though.

Tomorrow: Episodes III and IV.

Peter_ 18-07-2010 22:15

Magnum Force 9/10 Another Classic Clint Eastwood movie.

Tezcatlipoca 18-07-2010 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35057970)
Dirty Harry 9/10 Classic Clint Eastwood movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry
I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Classic.

Hugh 19-07-2010 08:28

Daybreakers - 5/10.

Starts off with a neat concept (most humans are now vampires, and shows the changes that society has to implement due to not being able to go out during daylight), and then went a bit meh.

Flyboy 19-07-2010 14:44

I watched Twilight yesterday and sorry, I found it very boring, too slow and absolutely no plot. The story could have been told in a half hour children's show.

I will give it 4/10 though, because I enjoyed the cinematography.

zing_deleted 19-07-2010 22:56

The Ghost Writer ( known as The Ghost in the UK) well this is a tough one to score. Its a drama there is very little action there is next to no bare skin ( besides Ewan McGregor who bares his backside for the girls I add no interest to me ) but its a very good story film. It holds your interest and it has some good twists and turns I have to give it a 7

if you want action and thrills you wont like this film. If you want an intelligent movie then you may well

Tezcatlipoca 19-07-2010 23:45

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Hmm. 8.5/10. I'd forgotten how much I actually enjoy this one.

Great battle scenes, great lightsabre duels, Yoda kicking ass, rise of Palpatine & Vader, fall of the Republic...The best of the prequels IMO.

And, of course, it gave us...

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2010/07/21.jpg

Didn't manage to watch Ep. IV as well in the end, so my aim for Tuesday is to watch the entire Original Star Wars Trilogy all in one day [Hah, isn't my use of my annual leave productive :D]

zing_deleted 19-07-2010 23:49

Back in the 80s I went to the Coventry Odeon and watched all 3 in one sitting. They did give you a break in between lol

Did the same at the old ABC with Superman 1 2 and 3 lol

Tezcatlipoca 19-07-2010 23:59

I've watched all three in one day before, but not since my school days (what better way to spend GCSE or A Level revision time :erm: :D ).

I'm off all of this week... After finishing the SW saga, I plan to watch all three LOTR movies... :)

zing_deleted 20-07-2010 00:02

extended editions I hope ? lol

Tezcatlipoca 20-07-2010 00:07

But of course :)

I've only ever seen the theatrical cuts at the cinema.

Extended = Definitive.

(which is why I still have the DVDs & haven't moved to the BDs yet)

cimt 20-07-2010 01:28

I've not seen all of the LOTR movies, I've seen the first 2, and about an hour of the third one. I once watched all of the Star Wars movies over a day or 2, that was fun. I watched the originals first.

Jimmy-J 20-07-2010 01:47

Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jnr version) I really enjoyed it :) 7/10

Hugh 20-07-2010 08:47

Toy Story 3 - 9/10.

Excellent fun, and quite emotional at points.