Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

papa smurf 22-02-2009 15:55

re: Rate the last movie you saw

gran torino 8/10 Clint plays a really cantankerous old git ,and the ending is not as i expected. well watchable...

zing_deleted 22-02-2009 21:01

Valkyrie excellent 9/10

Tezcatlipoca 22-02-2009 22:47

RocknRolla

Not as good as Lock Stock & Snatch, & all a bit "seen it all before", but still worth a watch.

7/10

Fatec 22-02-2009 23:51

Sex And Zen

5/10

Interesting..quite funny and alot of erotic scenes.

Saaf_laandon_mo 23-02-2009 00:02

Alien Vs Predator Requiem - What a load of rubbish... 0/10

Tezcatlipoca 23-02-2009 00:10

0/10?!

I think you're being overly generous! ;)

Saaf_laandon_mo 23-02-2009 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34738663)
0/10?!

I think you're being overly generous! ;)

I am. I was so disappointed. It's the worst film I have seen for a very very very long time.

Tezcatlipoca 23-02-2009 00:18

Yup. It's awful, as is the first one.

I wish they'd done a movie adaptation of the *proper* AvP, i.e. based one on the Dark Horse Comics. That would have been so much better...

I love Aliens, Alien, & Predator, plus think that Alien 3 & Predator 2 are both pretty good.

Alien 4, however... crap.

And the AvP movies... even worse... :(

Saaf_laandon_mo 24-02-2009 00:34

Alien 3 was my favourite Alien film , and Predator is one of my fave films of all time. I will have to check out the Dark Horse comics, I only thought they got the two together just for the big screen. I didn't realise there were comics too.

Tezcatlipoca 24-02-2009 21:23

Yeah. The "Aliens vs Predator" comics came first, & were much better than the awful movies.

There were also some "Aliens" comics, which were very good too. Would've made much better sequels than "Resurrection".

Tezcatlipoca 01-03-2009 20:43

JCVD

Jean-Claude Van Damme plays... "Jean-Claude Van Damme", a has-been action movie star, who returns home to Brussels after a custody hearing in the US, & gets caught up in a post-office heist...

Well, well, well... Van Damme can act!

Great film, shows that JCVD can act & can also take the mickey out of himself. The film also has a few little digs at Seagal & John Woo, lol.

Worth watching :tu:

Russ 01-03-2009 20:48

Loose Change - The Final Cut

My mate brought this DVD around the other day and only now got around to watching it. Most people have seen the original low budget version which was shot to peices for being very inaccurate and having too much conjecture. So Dylan Avery went away, did more research and brought out an updated version. Which was also full of inaccuracies and conjecture.

(Russ now starts to sound like the guy who built a castle on the swamp in the Holy Grail)

But the third version of the film had a much higher budget and concentrates on facts and reliable witness accounts.

I'm no conspiracy buff and I still think 9/11 was a terrorist attack but after watching Loose Change The Final Cut I'm convinced the american government knows more than it's telling.

8/10

Peter_ 01-03-2009 20:53

Underworld rise of the lycans minus 25 out of 10 absolutely dire and makes the previous 2 movies look like they were oscar material, Bill Nighy should know better than to be involved with such rubbish.

Fatec 01-03-2009 20:55

La Femme Nikita

7/10

Remember watching this a few years ago with the english dub, finally getting to watch it on bluray and in its original language was much better, plenty of action.

Opium And The Kung Fu Master

4/10

Really not a shaw brothers fan at all, was nice to see an old skull martial arts movie on bluray though, really nice PQ too.

Tezcatlipoca 01-03-2009 20:55

Yeah, I liked Underworld 1 & 2, but RotL was ultimately rather pointless IMO.