Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Stephen 22-06-2008 18:34

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognitas (Post 34581563)
Well I enjoyed the last one...I think it was more a chick flick though...I suspect that I shall hate the new one.I have agreed to accompany my son to see it though.

If you enjoyed Iron Man then you should enjoy this, as Marvel now have their own production company they are able to make the films the way they want. So there will be some great cross overs between the new films.

Maggy 22-06-2008 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthYoda (Post 34581567)
If you enjoyed Iron Man then you should enjoy this, as Marvel now have their own production company they are able to make the films the way they want. So there will be some great cross overs between the new films.

I was referring to the last Hulk film,I haven't seen Iron Man.I would have gone with my son but he already went on his own..though if I pay he might go see it a second time.;)

Acathla 24-06-2008 01:04

After many months of wanting too, I eventually sat down and watched 'The Descent' tonight. Great British horror movie. Loved it. Ending was a little on the naff side but I can forgive it.

Worth watching if you like a scare or two although is a little gruesome at times :)

I have lots of interesting ideas about 'The Descent 2' though so look forward to it.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

port 21 25-06-2008 11:04

Just watched the new rambo last night and its awesome.

TraxData 27-06-2008 23:00

Wargames.2.The.Dead.Code.2008

1/10

Stupid crap remake of the original :(

Mr_love_monkey 27-06-2008 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraxData (Post 34586104)
Wargames.2.The.Dead.Code.2008

1/10

Stupid crap remake of the original :(

they remade 'wargames'?????

cimt 28-06-2008 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 34586145)

Not remade, they did a sequel to it.

Mr_love_monkey 28-06-2008 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 34586152)

They made a sequel to wargames????

TraxData 28-06-2008 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 34586152)

It's pretty much classed as a remake by everyone, a poor one at that.

Very, very, very, very crap anyway.

---------- Post added at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was at 00:03 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 34586145)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0865957/

it's up in the usual places.

be prepared for stupidity/crap acting though...

cimt 28-06-2008 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 34586153)
They made a sequel to wargames????

It says a sequel on Wikipedia, but on IMDb it says it follows the original.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TraxData (Post 34586156)
It's pretty much classed as a remake by everyone, a poor one at that.

Very, very, very, very crap anyway.

---------- Post added at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was at 00:03 ----------

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0865957/

it's up in the usual places.

be prepared for stupidity/crap acting though...

Yeah I checked that. So is it a sequel?

TraxData 28-06-2008 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 34586158)
It says a sequel on Wikipedia, but on IMDb it says it follows the original.

Yeah I checked that. So is it a sequel?

It's supposed to be a sequel but it follows the original one to the dot...it's 99.9% the same as the original.

Wish they would leave classics alone.

greencreeper 30-06-2008 00:08

Sweeney Todd with Johnny Depp :sleep:

Managed to watch about half of it via Sky's box office thingy. £3.99 wasted. I like quite a lot of musicals, and there are some great songs in Sweeney Todd, but it lacked energy and the cartoon-violence meant that there was no sense of drama. Awful 2/10

cimt 30-06-2008 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencreeper (Post 34587539)

Managed to watch about half of it via Sky's box office thingy. £3.99 wasted. I like quite a lot of musicals, and there are some great songs in Sweeney Todd, but it lacked energy and the cartoon-violence meant that there was no sense of drama. Awful 2/10

It's not a movie, but have you saw Wicked in the East End? That is meant to be amazing, I've heard the soundtrack which I loved.

Stephen 30-06-2008 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencreeper (Post 34587539)

I have seen this a few times now and just watched it again on Blu-Ray tonight and it still to me is a fantastic movie.

Its not what you would assume a musical would be like. All happy loving cheesy songs, its violent and about murder and stuff. For me its one of my fav musicals. Just my opinion though. An other Tim Burton hit.

7/10

greencreeper 30-06-2008 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 34587547)
It's not a movie, but have you saw Wicked in the East End? That is meant to be amazing, I've heard the soundtrack which I loved.

Not seen it, no, but heard good things about it. Think EP on Sunday might have played a song or two from it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 34587562)
I have seen this a few times now and just watched it again on Blu-Ray tonight and it still to me is a fantastic movie.

Its not what you would assume a musical would be like. All happy loving cheesy songs, its violent and about murder and stuff. For me its one of my fav musicals. Just my opinion though. An other Tim Burton hit.

7/10

Interesting. It may just be Sondheim - either love him or not - but it sounds like you came to the film with certain preconceptions, which I would not have had, and as a result, you got more from the film. For me, it should have been a dark tale of revenge but was more of a poor comedy-drama.

[edit] Actually, thinking about it, in turning the musical into a movie with a big-hitter like Depp in the lead role, it has probably reached new audiences who would not normally watch a musical. Suppose it has to be commended for that.