Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Stuart 10-02-2008 18:18

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb (Post 34483833)
well you may be surprised my set up is pretty good. Also when I watch films alone there isnt any giggling or crunching of popcorn or talking or people walking in front of me and if i need a wazz I pause it. Enough plus points there me things thats without my kit

70 inch+ depending on aspect ratio projector and screen. Denon cinema amp with full DTS EX and Dolby Digital ES Kef front and centre speakers maundaunt short surround and mission passive surround all finished off with a 200 watt yamaha sub woofer that shakes the room plenty ;)

If your ever anywhere near pop in have a demo :)

Meh, that's nothing.. Watched Cloverfield at The Empire Leicester square..

50 ft (at least) screen. Comfortable reclining seats, and a THX designed , 60 JBL speaker (I think) sound system..

:D

As for the film, thought it was excellent, even the fact it was shot on a hand held camera (a techniques that I think is slightly irritating, and overused by Hollywod) added to the tension.

The only thing that detracted from the experience was the soundtrack. While it was extremely impressive, but the video would have been shot on either a handheld DV camcorder, or a Handheld HDV camcorder. None of these (to my knowledge) capture a full surround soundtrack, so, to complete the image, it should really have been stereo.

zing_deleted 10-02-2008 18:24

some people are never satisified :)

Thats just what Jesus said sir

TheDaddy 10-02-2008 22:50

Planet Terror not bad 7/10

bopdude 10-02-2008 23:45

Cloverfield, sorry, I'm one of the 'hate it's' in the love / hate debate :shrug:

Stephen 11-02-2008 00:34

National treasure: Book of Secrets. A little boring and seemed to go on far too long. 4/10

I actually fell asleep at one point, however that may have been due to the hangover from sat night, lol.

Sirpingalot 11-02-2008 16:48

Cloverfield. While I enjoyed it I also found it frustrating that whenever something significant happened..the camera would be turned away from the action.

Saaf_laandon_mo 11-02-2008 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart C (Post 34486839)
Meh, that's nothing.. Watched Cloverfield at The Empire Leicester square..

50 ft (at least) screen. Comfortable reclining seats, and a THX designed , 60 JBL speaker (I think) sound system..

:D

The thought of paying so much to watch a film at the EMpire would in itself detract from the enjoyment of the film for me. How much is it nowadays Stuart?

Stuart 11-02-2008 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo (Post 34487375)
The thought of paying so much to watch a film at the EMpire would in itself detract from the enjoyment of the film for me. How much is it nowadays Stuart?

£13, but the experience is (IMO) worth it.

Mr_love_monkey 11-02-2008 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart C (Post 34487400)
£13, but the experience is (IMO) worth it.

Have they redesigned it recently? - last time I went there was 7 maybe 8 years ago, to see 'Shakespeare In Love' (don't ask..) and I thought the seating layouts were rubbish, there wasn't enough height difference between the levels, so had someone's head stuck right in the middle of it - AND - I had to listen to the girl I had taken to it see it complain about having someones head stuck in the middle of it.

alferret 11-02-2008 20:39

Fell asleep during AVP:2 & Cloverfield so that says what I thought of them :shocked:

papa smurf 16-02-2008 22:03

just seen the new rambo , it all blood n guts:tu:

Hugh 16-02-2008 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 34487561)
Have they redesigned it recently? - last time I went there was 7 maybe 8 years ago, to see 'Shakespeare In Love' (don't ask..) and I thought the seating layouts were rubbish, there wasn't enough height difference between the levels, so had someone's head stuck right in the middle of it - AND - I had to listen to the girl I had taken to it see it complain about having someones head stuck in the middle of it.

They usually moan, but never complain..... ;)

Mr_love_monkey 16-02-2008 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 34490548)
They usually moan, but never complain..... ;)

Rude! :)

Stuart 18-02-2008 00:58

Been to see Jumper earlier. I'd say it's worth a 6 out of 10.

Everything in it is good (especially Rachel Bilson :naughty:) apart from a couple of things. 1 minor, 1 not so minor.

The minor point is the fights get confusing, with the characters "jumping" all over the screen (and in one fight, apparently randomly to/from any one of three continents). This makes the fights a little difficult (but certainly not impossible) to follow.

The more major point, for me, is Haydn Christenson. I thought he had pretty much proved he can't act in Star Wars.. The director of this apparently thought he could. With a better lead actor, I'd be tempted to say this film was worth an 8.

SOSAGES 18-02-2008 17:24

i love movies but never got round to watching rambo.
so today i watched 1-2-3.

and i have to say in number 3 when he heals his wound using the gun powder then sets his insides on fire to stop the bleading was awesome :)
roll on rambo 4 :)