Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   VPN why can't use in California, EU ,UK ? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711491)

Itshim 22-11-2022 18:43

VPN why can't use in California, EU ,UK ?

Setting up tablet to use fastest server( Orlando) just noticed that my setting , should not be used in California, EU,or UK amongst others.have been using in the UK for 6months or so. Meaning it worked. So why ? Is it better to ignore the message or does the download for these countries offer more protection ( ie less details give away?) Or give more away:confused:

Hugh 22-11-2022 19:35

Re: VPN why can't use in California, EU ,UK ?

Which vpn are you using?

I use SurfShark, and just used San Francisco, Manchester (U.K.), and Paris with no messages/warnings.

Paul 22-11-2022 20:14

I dont use them, but I would just ignore the message, "should not" is not "must not", esp if they give no reasoning.

There are no laws in the UK (or EU) that prevent VPN use. I doubt California has any either.

Itshim 23-11-2022 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36140624)
I dont use them, but I would just ignore the message, "should not" is not "must not", esp if they give no reasoning.

There are no laws in the UK (or EU) that prevent VPN use. I doubt California has any either.

Sorry not clear on my pc * ( am using tablet at the moment) "offers" different downloads for different " areas" the default setting is global , not for use in EU UK or California . If you select the app download it offers one for use in the UK , a different one for EU , California amongst others . Haven't noticed it before * one of the kids got on it remotely , I can't change settings with tablet never tried before as always change on desk top , the tablet follows suit. Seems to be more legal than operational . Just wondering what the difference is.

jonbxx 24-11-2022 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36140679)
Sorry not clear on my pc * ( am using tablet at the moment) "offers" different downloads for different " areas" the default setting is global , not for use in EU UK or California . If you select the app download it offers one for use in the UK , a different one for EU , California amongst others . Haven't noticed it before * one of the kids got on it remotely , I can't change settings with tablet never tried before as always change on desk top , the tablet follows suit. Seems to be more legal than operational . Just wondering what the difference is.

My guess is that the VPN server does not comply with data protection regulations (GDPR and CCPA for California)