Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Subtitles turning themselves on. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711481)

RichardCoulter 17-11-2022 20:50

Subtitles turning themselves on.

Is anyone else experiencing subtitles coming on by themselves at sporadic intervals?

It keeps happening to me on occasion. Not too much of a problem to switch them back off again, but I was just wondering if it was ny STB or an area fault.

spiderplant 17-11-2022 21:18

Re: Subtitles turning themselves on.

Stuck remote control button?

RichardCoulter 18-11-2022 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36140279)
Stuck remote control button?

I've checked this SP and it's not the remote control, it's a mystery!

Mad Max 08-12-2022 20:18

Hi guys, this is a hard one to explain, but it's not subtitles I'm having trouble with, when my wife is watching Coronation street tonight there was a male voice that explained what was happening next, for instance, if the barman brought a drink to the table you hear a voice saying" the barman brings a drink to the table" I've never heard anything like this before, I had a look in settings but couldn't find anything to solve this problem, it's extremely annoying.

Thx

1701-e 08-12-2022 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36141479)
Hi guys, this is a hard one to explain, but it's not subtitles I'm having trouble with, when my wife is watching Coronation street tonight there was a male voice that explained what was happening next, for instance, if the barman brought a drink to the table you hear a voice saying" the barman brings a drink to the table" I've never heard anything like this before, I had a look in settings but couldn't find anything to solve this problem, it's extremely annoying.

Thx

Sounds like audio description is switched on. Different boxes have different ways of changing the settings

Mad Max 08-12-2022 20:30

Looks like its called the Voice Over control, but I don't know how to turn it off

joglynne 08-12-2022 20:33

Here's the instructions .which may work for you..

How to turn on audio description on a Virgin TV V6 and TiVoŽ box
Press the Info button on your remote control to bring up the Info banner.
Then, press the down arrow twice to go to Audio description.
Press [OK] to turn audio description on or off.

1701-e 08-12-2022 20:35

Tivo and now V6)
Press the Info button on your remote control to bring up the Info Banner.
Press the down arrow twice to go to Audio Description.
Press OK to turn Audio Description ON or OFF.

How to turn on audio description on a Virgin TV 360 box or on Stream from Virgin Media using voice control:

Press and hold down the microphone button in the middle of the TV box remote
Say Audio description to turn it on
Say Audio description off to turn it off

Alternatively, you can use your remote:
Press the Home button on the TV box remote
Press the left arrow button three times then OK to get to Profiles in the Settings menu
Press the right arrow button once to get to Accessibility
In Accessibility, press the down arrow button twice to get to Audio description. Please note that changing this setting impacts the active profile, and can be set differently for the shared profile or each personal profile
Press OK to turn audio description on or off

Mad Max 08-12-2022 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 36141483)
Here's the instructions .which may work for you..

How to turn on audio description on a Virgin TV V6 and TiVoŽ box
Press the Info button on your remote control to bring up the Info banner.
Then, press the down arrow twice to go to Audio description.
Press [OK] to turn audio description on or off.

Brilliant, thank you, I'm not sure how it got turned on in the first place, but all sorted now, thx again. :)

joglynne 08-12-2022 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36141485)
Brilliant, thank you, I'm not sure how it got turned on in the first place, but all sorted now, thx again. :)

Been in the same position when our young Grandson had been to visit. Drove me mad until I found how to stop the dang thing. :D

Taf 12-12-2022 15:53

I used to have recordings made on the AD channels as they were the next available transmission (or retransmission), so I couldn''t turn them off!

The problem the V6 is giving me is picture-in-picture coming on randomly, especially whilst looking through "My Recordings". I've toggled it on and off, but it still happens.

RichardCoulter 12-12-2022 20:29

I wonder whats causing these anomalies? A software update perhaps?

After not happening for ages, the subtitles appeared again on Saturday evening.;)

raging bull 13-12-2022 05:51

And here am I watching the TV having to rely on subtitles being hard of hearing!