Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : TV Show Renewals & Cancellations (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33677755)

adzii_nufc 14-05-2017 22:33

Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Watched the mid season finale of timeless then just left it. Can't say I'm that eager to find out what happens. Elementary was alright for a bit but a 45 minute procedural Sherlock gets dull real quick. Not sure if I finished season 2 or not.

denphone 15-05-2017 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35898849)
Elementary

:tu:

Paul 15-05-2017 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 35898761)
Elementary has been renewed

Yes, just saw this myself, very pleased.
Its also not been announced as the last season, so could get more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35898778)
double :rolleyes:

What does this mean :confused:

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Once Upon a Time has apparently been renewed, but minus half the regulars ;

Quote:

Original stars Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White), Josh Dallas (Prince Charming), Jared Gilmore (Henry) and Emile de Ravin (Belle) are joining Jennifer Morrison (Emma Swan) and Rebecca Mader (Zelena) in exiting the series after season six.
Quote:

Set to return for season seven are Lana Parrilla (Regina), Robert Carlyle (Mr. Gold) and Colin O’Donoghue (Captain Hook), who re-signed new contracts for the rebooted seventh season that is said to include a big time jump.

adzii_nufc 15-05-2017 18:36

Did the end of S2 Elementary feature Vinnie Jones before a plot twist revealing Moriarty. That arc was the last I watched. Maybe it's even season one that I stopped?

Stephen 16-05-2017 09:12

Frequency released a short 3 and a half minute epilogue to give the short lived series a happy ending.

General Maximus 18-05-2017 22:29

I wish they would do that for all series which get cancelled. Normally the current season has wrapped up filming long before the announcement to cancel it comes along so there is no way to go back and change the story(ies) to finish the series properly. The only exception I can think of, and it was ground breaking at the time, is Jericho.

BenMcr 18-05-2017 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35899429)
I wish they would do that for all series which get cancelled. Normally the current season has wrapped up filming long before the announcement to cancel it comes along so there is no way to go back and change the story(ies) to finish the series properly. The only exception I can think of, and it was ground breaking at the time, is Jericho.

Eureka managed to get an extra episode to finish the series and any outstanding plot threads http://io9.gizmodo.com/5829838/eurek...us-all-closure

General Maximus 19-05-2017 07:57

Prison Break and 24 half cancelled again:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/pr...not-returning/

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/24...ion-tv-series/

Stephen 19-05-2017 08:44

Damn! Prison Break cancelled again. I've been really enjoying the new series as well.

denphone 19-05-2017 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35899462)

:(

Paul 19-05-2017 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35899462)

I got bored of 24 a long time ago.

I liked the first series of Prison Break, but gave up in series two.
I watched Ep1 of the new season, but it didnt capture my interest, havent watched any of the others.

broadbandking 19-05-2017 14:48

I like the new Prison Break dam you FOX

Stephen 19-05-2017 16:37

24 Legacy, the new series was actually pretty good.

Prison Break has gotten better with each episode.

General Maximus 20-05-2017 20:58

I enjoyed 24 as well although it isn't the same without Jack. I haven't watched Prison Break yet. As everything wraps up this week I am hoping to get through Prison Break, Into the Badlands and 12 Monkeys and then finish up on The Originals and other new/returning series from around Feb/March time.

adzii_nufc 20-05-2017 22:25

That'll be Miller back full time in Legends I bet.

Paul 20-05-2017 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35899688)
As everything wraps up this week

Not quite everything (at least not for me).

There is still Lucifer, Gotham, iZombie & of course, The Originals.

General Maximus 20-05-2017 23:23

I only watch The Originals out of those 4 and that is one of the series I have left this year because it started so late. If it had started when it was supposed to before xmas I would have watched it weekly with everything else but because they put it back and I was already watching so much I decided to leave it for the summer break. To be fair, everything has pretty much finished already for me apart from Supergirl, Arrow, Flash and The 100 this week.
I have just checked my calendar and things aren't as bad I thought they were for catching up. I need to watch Into the Badlands, Prison Break, The Originals, Genius and I am going to give A Handmaids Tale a go (and 12 Monkeys started yesterday). Doesn't sound like much for summer but I really want to watch Buffy through from the start. I haven't seen it at all since it finished all those years ago and they did a cracking feature on it in SFX a few months ago which made me want to watch it again.

cimt 02-06-2017 19:57

Sense8 has been cancelled by Netflix. Shame as I thought season 2 was much better.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mor...er-on-netflix/

cimt 08-06-2017 09:34

24: Legacy has now been officially cancelled although Fox is planning on turning it into an anthology series instead...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mor...er-one-season/

Stuart 08-06-2017 12:00

Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35892466)
Hawaii 5-0 was renewed for Season 8 the other day, along with a host of other CBS programmes.

I've been a massive fan of Hawaii 5-0 since the new series launched. I have to admit, there were a couple of episodes near the beginning of this season where I wondered if the show had jumped the shark (click for an explanation of that phrase), but they really upped the quality of the storytelling after that.

Looking forward to season 8.

General Maximus 08-06-2017 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 35902165)
24: Legacy has now been officially cancelled although fox is planning on turning it into an anthology series instead...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mor...er-one-season/

bring jack back!

BenMcr 08-06-2017 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35902201)
bring jack back!

They are ;)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/h...ailer-10433246

Quote:

Unleashed to the public on Tuesday, the 5-minute-long clip features all the favourite characters - Will Truman, Grace Adler, Karen Walker and Jack McFarland - and has deftly whet appetites for the show's return.

denphone 08-06-2017 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35902190)
I've been a massive fan of Hawaii 5-0 since the new series launched. I have to admit, there were a couple of episodes near the beginning of this season where I wondered if the show had jumped the shark (click for an explanation of that phrase), but they really upped the quality of the storytelling after that.

Don't forget the old series as that was pretty good as well with the legendary Jack Lord.:)

cimt 07-07-2017 01:56

Only just saw this but after cancelling Sens8, Netflix have decided to give it a 2 hour finale to air next year.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mor...2-hour-finale/

Paul 07-07-2017 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35902190)

Two of the main stars are not returning.

Quote:

Stars Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park have departed CBS’ “Hawaii Five-0.” Their characters, Chin Ho Kelly and Kono Kalakaua, will not appear in the upcoming eighth season. The characters’ absence will be referenced in the season premiere.
Quote:

Sources tell Variety that Park and Kim had been seeking pay equality with stars Alex O’Loughlin and Scott Caan, but were unable to reach satisfactory deals with CBS Television Studios, which produces the series. Kim and Park were believed to be making 10-15% less than O’Loughlin and Caan.
http://renewcanceltv.com/hawaii-five...xit-cbs-drama/

MalteseFalcon 07-07-2017 07:30

Sucks, Grace Park was a great actress, and being a shallow man, easy on the eye too. Hopefully their replacements will be a good fit.

General Maximus 07-07-2017 11:24

yup, but on the other hand it creates new opportunities for her to be a babe in a new scifi show. I would love to see her in something like The Expanse.

Paul 20-07-2017 20:34

The CW have confirmed that Season 5 of The Originals will be its final season, their will not be a 6th season.

Rumours still persist that a TVD/TO spin-off is planned - based on the school run by Caroline and Alaric (that Hope was shipped off too).

cimt 23-07-2017 04:11

I saw that, all rumours say that it would be based on a teenage Hope. IMO TO didn't need a final season so it'll be interesting to see where they take it. Is it going to be 13 episodes again?

General Maximus 23-07-2017 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 35908823)
Is it going to be 13 episodes again?

Quote:

It’s all over but the bleeding. Executive producer Julie Plec has announced The Originals TV show will end with season five on The CW. Writer Carina MacKenzie recently confirmed there will be 13 episodes in what we now know to be the fifth and final season. “Many shows are not lucky enough to have a hand in deciding when the end has come…. Ending a show is always bittersweet, but for me, it’s a true blessing to be a part of making that choice,” Plec wrote.

A spinoff of The Vampire Diaries, which ended its eight season run earlier this year, The Originals is a supernatural drama following the Mikaelson family. They’re the world’s original vampires and are trying to reclaim New Orleans. The CW cast includes Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Yusuf Gatewood, and Riley Voelkel

I didn't want to start a new thread for it yet but there is a new Superman series coming out next year which could be good, it is called Krypton

Paul 23-07-2017 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 35908823)
Is it going to be 13 episodes again?

As far as I know, yes, it doesnt look like it will be back until 2018.

It also time jumps again, Hope is now a teenager (mid/late teens by the look of this teaser).

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

In other news ;

Iron Fist has been renewed for a second season.

Wynonna Earp has been renewed for a third season.

Paul 30-07-2017 00:59

Stranger Things has apparently been renewed for Season 3 by Netflix, it is expected to be released sometime in 2019.

pip08456 07-08-2017 02:06

Wynona Earp has been renewed for a 3rd season by Syfy.

---------- Post added at 02:06 ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35899429)

Continuum. It was gived a short 6 ep 4th season to wrap up the story thanks to the fans on social media.

Paul 07-08-2017 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35911154)
Wynona Earp has been renewed for a 3rd season by Syfy.

;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35908892)
Iron Fist has been renewed for a second season.

Wynonna Earp has been renewed for a third season.

Paul 22-08-2017 03:57

Stranger Things has already renewed for Season 3.
However, co-creator Ross Duffer says he expects the Netflix series to end with Season 4.

Damien 22-08-2017 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35913612)
Stranger Things has already renewed for Season 3.
However, co-creator Ross Duffer says he expects the Netflix series to end with Season 4.

I am anxious about the new season. It seems like the kind of show that works as a single season and that to keep extending the mystery will harm the show, and the unique atmosphere it has will wear thin eventually.

Paul 27-08-2017 16:00

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Has Been Reduced From 22 Episodes To 15 Episodes.

It has already been previously confirmed as the final season as well.

General Maximus 02-09-2017 09:48

Killjoys has been renewed for a 4th and 5th Season

Quote:

Some bittersweet news for Killjoys fans. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Syfy has renewed the TV show for two final seasons.

The sci-fi drama follows a trio of fun-loving, hard-living interplanetary bounty hunters who are sworn to remain impartial as they chase deadly warrants across the Quad — a distant system on the brink of a bloody, multi-planetary class war. The cast includes Aaron Ashmore, Luke Macfarlane, and Hannah John-Kamen.
Syfy has ordered 10 episodes each for season four and five, which will be the final two seasons for Killjoys. The season three finale debuts tonight, September 1st, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

From series creator Michelle Lovretta:

“This renewal is the kind of privilege every creator hopes for – a chance to plan the end of your story with the luxury of 20-episodes to do it. I’m immensely grateful that both of our network partners – along with Temple Street and UCP – have given our team, cast and fans this incredible opportunity.”

Dark Matter has been cancelled and all I want to do is :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Bofrok 03-09-2017 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35914949)
Dark Matter has been cancelled and all I want to do is :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

That's terrible news, think I'll join you with those tears.

Looks like the only hope might be someone like Netflix taking it on.

bubblegun 08-09-2017 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bofrok (Post 35915141)
That's terrible news, think I'll join you with those tears.

Looks like the only hope might be someone like Netflix taking it on.

Unlikely.

It isn't The Expanse.

Unfortunately.

General Maximus 08-09-2017 20:08

Thank god, Blood Drive has been cancelled:

Quote:

Well, they’ve finally stanched the bleeding. After hemorrhaging ratings all summer long, Syfy has cancelled its grindhouse-style Blood Drive TV show after just one season. Creator James Roland spilled his guts about the TV show’s fatal prognosis in a blog post published last night.

Airing on Syfy, Blood Drive stars Alan Ritchson, Christina Ochoa, Thomas Dominique, Colin Cunningham, Marama Corlett, and Darren Kent. The dystopian sci-fi TV series centers on Arthur Bailey (Ritchson), one of the last upright cops in Los Angeles, who is pulled into an underground cross-country odyssey with femme fatale Grace D’Argento (Ochoa). But this isn’t just any old race — the cars run on blood.

James Boland Confirms No Season Two of Blood Drive on Syfy

Roland’s blog post on MidnightGrindhouse.com reads:

“Aaaaaand … scene.

Posted on September 6, 2017 by dalmatianjaws

Dear Bleeders,

Unfortunately, your suspicions are correct. Syfy has canceled Blood Drive after one season.

If this news makes you angry or sad, you’re not alone.

I found out not too long ago, but have been trying to think of a way to tell you guys since I felt it was up to me to let the fans know.

Ultimately I decided to wait until after the final episode aired so the news did not taint your experience. It simply didn’t seem right to burst the bubble so early, especially with how the last episode plays out. We always planned for a season two, but now that the future of the show is uncertain the final scenes seem so much more … final.

If I never get the chance to tell my version of what comes next, I’ll be incredibly sad.

But the good news is, then you can make up your own. The story is yours now, it always was from the first moment it was broadcast. If you love it, take it and play with it in your own imagination.

The future is not set, in our world or the world of Blood Drive.

As to the reasons why the show is cancelled, I’m not privy to all the details. Obviously the ratings were low, but it was also a very noisy show on social media (thanks to you guys!) and a very well-reviewed show with critics as well.

This I do know: despite canceling us, Syfy was the only network with the steel to make the show in the first place."

Paul 08-09-2017 20:53

1 Attachment(s)
No surprise, its ratings were actually poor.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/at...chmentid=27081

General Maximus 16-09-2017 19:23

Vikings has been renewed for a 6th season even though season hasn't aired yet :dunce:

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/v...ory-tv-series/

Paul 17-09-2017 01:20

Not one I watch, but good news if you do, it makes 40 more unaired episodes atm.

adzii_nufc 28-09-2017 03:55

People are expecting Agents of Shield: Season 5 to be final season. Obviously with the MCU it's always open to revival but this follows suggestions that Disney saved the show from cancellation this year.

http://screenrant.com/agents-shield-...-cancel-renew/

Paul 28-09-2017 18:26

Well, whoever saved it, well done. :)

Lets hope they do so again this year.

Paul 30-09-2017 15:04

Stranger Things has apparently been renewed for a fourth season.
Quote:

While an exact date has yet to be set, Stranger Things Season 3 is eyed for a 2019 release, with Season 4 expected to release in 2020.

Further reports suggest its planned for 5 seasons in total.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Levy (executive producer)
The truth is we’re definitely going four seasons and there’s very much the possibility of a fifth. Beyond that, it becomes I think, very unlikely

On a separate note ;

The Walking Dead has been renewed for Season 9.

The Last Ship has been cancelled - Season 4 has almost concluded showing, with the final Season 5 to come next summer.

General Maximus 30-09-2017 22:34

I think "cancelled" gives the wrong impression for The Last Ship. It was planned for 5 seasons with a story arc and they have filmed seasons 4 and 5 back to back and the series is ending after season 5 having told the story that they wanted to tell. The series is "ending". I always think of cancelled as it being ditched midseason due to poor ratings, nobody has planned for it and it leaves the cast and story up in limbo.

Mr K 30-09-2017 22:38

'Going for Gold' is making a comeback on UKTV. Nigel Farage to host it.
(some or all of this might be a lie...)

General Maximus 14-10-2017 08:28

Seal Team has been given a full season order which is good news because this is one of the new series I am/was going to stick with.

Quote:

The Boreanaz small-screen streak continues. CBS has issued a full season one order for its new SEAL Team TV show. The drama just premiered on September 27th, and last night’s episode was only the show’s third. The network has not released the new episode count but expect somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 to 24 episodes.

A military action series, SEAL Team stars David Boreanaz, Max Thieriot, Neil Brown Jr., AJ Buckley, Toni Trucks, Jessica Paré, and Judd Lormand. The CBS TV series centers on an exclusive Navy SEAL unit as they train for, plan, and risk their very lives to carry out perilous missions for the sake and honor of the U.S.A.

Here’s the CBS press release.

“10.12.2017: SEAL TEAM” RECEIVES FULL-SEASON ORDER FOR 2017-2018 BROADCAST SEASON
SEAL Team TV show on CBS: season 1 (cancel renew season 2?)
(CBS)
CBS has given a full season order to new drama series SEAL TEAM, which premiered Wednesday, Sept. 27. SEAL TEAM ranks as Wednesday’s #1 program in viewers through the first two weeks of the season, averaging 12.04 million viewers, and 2.0 in adults 18-49 and 2.9 in adults 25-54 with live + 3-day lift."

SEAL TEAM airs Wednesdays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
SEAL Team star Boreanaz has been a pretty permanent fixture on network TV since he first appeared as Angel in the first season of The WB’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer. After three seasons, he brought role to the spinoff series, Angel, which ran for five more seasons. Next, after only one year off, he then went on to co-star in Bones on FOX, for an impressive 12 seasons, which just ended last spring.

Paul 19-10-2017 02:03

As noted in its thread, CBS has renewed Salvation for another 13 eps, to be aired next summer.

General Maximus 23-10-2017 22:12

Star Trek Discovery has been renewed for a second season

http://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-d...-for-season-2/

Paul 23-10-2017 22:55

Thats been known since the end of August, just waiting for them to officially announce.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?p=35914655

Someone mentioned Ray Donovan the other day, thats just been renewed for a 6th season, moving from LA to New York.

General Maximus 24-10-2017 18:02

Zoo has been cancelled:

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/z...r-cbs-tv-show/

bubblegun 25-10-2017 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35920127)
Seal Team has been given a full season order which is good news because this is one of the new series I am/was going to stick with.

I've watched the first 3 episodes and apart from David Boreanaz it's nothing special, IMO.

---------- Post added at 07:52 ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35921711)

One of the worst series on any channel to ever get renewed. And for 2 further series! Dreadful acting and dreadful SFX. Good riddance!

General Maximus 25-10-2017 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegun (Post 35921764)
I've watched the first 3 episodes and apart from David Boreanaz it's nothing special, IMO

I like the seeing the military side of things which is why I am watching Valor as well. When SWAT starts I think I'll make a decision which one to drop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegun (Post 35921764)
One of the worst series on any channel to ever get renewed. And for 2 further series! Dreadful acting and dreadful SFX. Good riddance!

I liked it because of the message it sends because as a species we waltz around the planet thinking we can do whatever we want without consequence. I love the idea that nature fights back.

adzii_nufc 30-10-2017 21:34

House of Cards cancelled after Kevin Spacey bombshell allegations. For those unaware he's accused of seducing a minor (Teenage boy) to which he basically neither confirmed nor denied and went with the too drunk to remember. He also came out as gay during this.

General Maximus 30-10-2017 22:31

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/h...-season-seven/

It must feel so weird. You get up probably having had a nice relaxing weekend, think about going to work to get your millions of $$$ on what is quite a stable job and series you are working on and then in the space of a couple of hours it all goes down hill. He has probably got enough money to keep him going so that he has never got to work again but still, having all that stability and peace of mind just disappear has got to give you that sinking feeling.

Paul 31-10-2017 12:44

To be fair, they havent even shown season 6 yet, so season 7 was never a sure thing, but the alligations (not facts) have not helped.

Just remember he was not the only one affected, everyone else on the show must be disappointed as well.

Paul 02-11-2017 18:59

The Orville has been renewed for Season 2.

Paul 09-11-2017 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35921766)
I like the seeing the military side of things which is why I am watching Valor as well. When SWAT starts I think I'll make a decision which one to drop.

I think that decision has been made for you, CW have officially binned Valor.

Law & Order: True Crime has also been cancelled.

Shameless has been renewed by Showtime for a 9th season.

General Maximus 14-11-2017 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35922568)
House of Cards cancelled after Kevin Spacey bombshell allegations. For those unaware he's accused of seducing a minor (Teenage boy) to which he basically neither confirmed nor denied and went with the too drunk to remember. He also came out as gay during this.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/h...-spacey-fired/

Quote:

What’s happening with House of Cards? According to CNN, the creators of the Netflix TV show have until Thanksgiving to retool season six.

As reported earlier, the political drama has suspended production on the upcoming season so the writers can rework the show in light of the recent sexual misconduct allegations made against star Kevin Space. Already, Netflix has announced season six will be the final season, but it remains unclear whether Spacey will be a part of the final installment or not.

While rumors have spread that the House of Cards creative team is planning on killing off Spacey’s character, Frank Underwood, The Blast reports it may not be that easy to get rid of the star.

Apparently, Spacey’s contract with the Netflix series does not include a “morality clause.” Therefore, it would be illegal to fire or suspend the actor because of any personal actions. Neither Netflix nor Spacey have commented on this news so far.

Paul 15-11-2017 04:22

Amazon has renewed The Tick for Season 2, due in late 2018.

The second part of season 1 is set for release in Feb 2018 (23rd).

Paul 02-12-2017 15:39

FOX has renewed The Gifted for Season 2.

telegramsam 02-12-2017 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35927274)
FOX has renewed The Gifted for Season 2.

Great news as I like this show.

Paul 04-12-2017 18:04

CBS has ordered two more episodes of SWAT, this after it previously ordered 7 more.
That now brings the show up to a full 22 episode season, with renewal looking highly likely.

The future for Elementary is now looking much brighter as well.
CBS has ordered 8 more episodes, taking Season 6 up from 13 to 21 episodes.
This also boosts its chances of a Season 7 renewal, which previously looked unlikely.

The reason it wasnt the full 9 (to make 22) is most likely the simple fact they are going to struggle to fit them all in the schedule between January and the end of May.

General Maximus 04-12-2017 18:29

They have already said season 6 of Elementary is going to be the last.

denphone 04-12-2017 18:42

House of Cards to resume production with Robin Wright as lead.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...acey?CMP=fb_gu

Paul 04-12-2017 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35927445)
They have already said season 6 of Elementary is going to be the last.

Sorry, but thats not the case.
People speculated that based on the fact it was relegated to a 13 episode Season 6.
However, at no point has it ever officially been stated as its last season.

Paul 12-12-2017 21:12

Netflix has renewed The Punisher for Season 2, set for release in 2019.

Paul 13-12-2017 15:44

According to reports, FOX appears to have revived Prison Break for Season 6.

This is despite cancelling the limited series revival last May, Season 6 is "in the works" according to star Dominic Purcell.

pip08456 13-12-2017 19:02

Netflix to premiere season 2 Marvel's Jessica Jones March 8, 2018.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/09/jessica-...-premiere-date

Paul 13-12-2017 20:27

Nice, I mostly liked season 1, it did seem to drag a bit in the middle, but got going again.

Paul 14-12-2017 02:30

Netflix has apparently renewed Altered Carbon for Season 2 already.

This is ahead of next years Season 1 release (Feb 2nd 2018).

General Maximus 14-12-2017 03:33

Sweet. My dream job would be an advanced preview person and they can show stuff to me first and i'll tell them whether it is going to be good enough to renew.

Paul 16-12-2017 16:02

Z Nation has been renewed for Season 5 by Syfy.

The Exorcist has been cancelled by FOX.

telegramsam 16-12-2017 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35929167)
Z Nation has been renewed for Season 5 by Syfy.

The Exorcist has been cancelled by FOX.

Shame about the Exorcist as I like this show

General Maximus 16-12-2017 21:58

I dont know how Z Nation made it to 5 seasons. If you ever wanted evidence of a miracle this is it. I had to force myself to watch season 1 and turned 2x01 off half way through. It goes from bad to worse to diabolical.

Paul 20-12-2017 02:31

Van Helsing has been renewed for Season 3 by Syfy.

cimt 20-12-2017 02:43

Ugh I still need to see the second season of that but I can't find a date on when it hits Netflix. Might have to acquire a different way...

Paul 20-12-2017 04:56

The second season is still in progress atm, last week was Ep 10 (three to go).

Paul 20-12-2017 13:21

NCIS: New Orleans has been renewed for Season 5 (CBS).

Paul 28-12-2017 14:28

Young Sheldon has been renewed for a second season by CBS.

Stephen 28-12-2017 17:43

Good I am enjoying it more than I am the Big Bang now.

Paul 29-12-2017 14:30

Its renewal was never in doubt.

Paul 29-12-2017 23:33

Riverdale has been renewed for Season 3 (CW).

Paul 02-01-2018 13:16

CBS has renewed SWAT for a second season.

denphone 02-01-2018 20:27

A Series of Unfortunate Events – Netflix confirms season two’s airdate.

Quote:

the new season premieres worldwide 30th March 2018
http://www.seenit.co.uk/a-series-of-...-twos-airdate/

Paul 04-01-2018 06:05

Runaways has been renewed for season 2 (Hulu).

General Maximus 06-01-2018 17:00

Extinct has been cancelled thank god

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/e...no-season-two/

telegramsam 06-01-2018 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35931273)
Extinct has been cancelled thank god

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/e...no-season-two/

Why,just became you didn't like it. You weren't forced to watch it,were you? I enjoyed it and are saddened it's been cancelled.

Paul 06-01-2018 21:20

First I have heard of it tbh.

General Maximus 06-01-2018 21:36

It is terrible and worse than Aeon Flux if you have ever seen it or one of those scifi B movies on the syfy channel. I persevered but after 5 mins you want to punch something out of frustration.

telegramsam 06-01-2018 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35931333)
It is terrible and worse than Aeon Flux if you have ever seen it or one of those scifi B movies on the syfy channel. I persevered but after 5 mins you want to punch something out of frustration.

Well each to their own. Personally I liked it and I'm sure others did too.

Paul 07-01-2018 00:14

Hmm, I just watched the first episode, and it wasnt that bad.

I probably wont watch the rest as it would just clog up my schedule, but it was ok.

Paul 09-01-2018 03:33

Future Man has been renewed for season 2 (Hulu).

Paul 10-01-2018 15:11

Chance has been cancelled by Hulu.

telegramsam 10-01-2018 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35931842)
Chance has been cancelled by Hulu.

Shame but I'm not too surprised as I was struggling to work out where the writers were going with this program.

Paul 11-01-2018 20:43

American Dad has been renewed for two more seasons by TBS, taking it through to season 17.

Paul 14-01-2018 02:59

Cosmos has been renewed for season 2 by Fox & National Geographic.

Neil deGrasse Tyson will return as host of the 13 episode second season.
It will be broadcast on Fox and National Geographic in Spring 2019 - Seth MacFarlane & Brannon Braga are the executive producers.