Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Massive Kids riding in supermarket trolleys (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=45188)

driver_problems 29-03-2006 03:22

Massive Kids riding in supermarket trolleys

I don't know if I am the only one who has noticed this but lately i have been observing massive kids being wheeled about in trolleys inside superstores - Morrisons (where I normally go) in particular. Some of them are practically adult in size and sitting in the main body of the trolley, being too large by far for the normal "dangle your feet out the back" type arrangement. Also this 'mother and toddler' parking arrangement thing seems to be spreading and I saw a massive "kid" being wheeled back to that by way of being a "toddler". What's the next parking restriction to be? A "have to work past 60 to get a pension" parking space. ;)

Just thought i'd get it off my chest :dozey:

Horizon 29-03-2006 03:43

Re: Massive Kids riding in supermarket trolleys

:) In my part of the woods this has been the "norm" for quite a few years now....My turn:

My surpise to do with kids and supermarkets was at Christmas time. It was a few years ago and I thought it would be a good idea to do some late-night Christmas shopping in a 24 hour Tesco store near to me. It was a few days before Christmas and well-after midnight. I assumed it would be pretty empty and kid free. I was wrong....The store was packed and kids everywhere including toddlers and babies running around and screaming. I asked a member of staff about this (who looked like he was about to gun the little darlings down) and he said that the parents bring the kids to the store "for something to do." This had been the case for about a week. Don't forget, this was after midnight. I left the store after 10 minutes with no shopping. That was the last of my good ideas.

Perhaps its just me, but when I was a kid up to 17, I wasn't allowed anywhere after midnight. When I was 2, at midnight I was asleep, very asleep. How things change...And parents wonder now why their kids are sullen, rude and half asleep during the daytime. Its because the same parents take their brats to Tesco after midnight....

orangebird 29-03-2006 09:09

My stepson isn't 'massive' - he's a tall 6 year old. I let him sit in the trolley. At least I can't lose him that way, and it stops him whinging!

basa 29-03-2006 10:00

Hmmm......methinks out loud.......maybe they are *massive* because they are being wheeled everywhere and not getting any excercise :rolleyes: :D

or is that not what you meant :erm:

orangebird 29-03-2006 10:16

My little man isn't massive at all. I've seen more meat on a butchers pencil.

Paul 29-03-2006 10:30

My kids were turfed out the trolley as soon as they could walk - there was no way I was pushing them and the food !

basa 29-03-2006 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangebird
My little man isn't massive at all. I've seen more meat on a butchers pencil.

Sorry OB .. my comment wasn't aimed at you :angel:

Saaf_laandon_mo 29-03-2006 10:38

I like pushing the trolly fast down the aisle and climbing onto the back of it avoiding the sides, reliving my childhood lol

Pia 29-03-2006 23:36

Naaah i don't care about people in trolleys, it keeps them out of my way!

What i DO hate with a passion though, is the re-unions that go on in the busiest part of the store, i.e the milk aisle, and people stand right in the way for AGES...
I end up tutting really loudly or 'accidently' knocking into their ankles with the pushchair, followed by a very sarcastic 'oh, sorry'.

Smick 08-02-2013 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangebird (Post 716179)
My stepson isn't 'massive' - he's a tall 6 year old. I let him sit in the trolley. At least I can't lose him that way, and it stops him whinging!

What about hygiene?

What if he's stood in dogs poo and it's now all over the trolley?

Or doesn't that bother you?

Hugh 08-02-2013 23:11

You do realise the last post before yours was nearly 7 years ago?

Smick 09-02-2013 04:19

Does that matter?
The subject is the same. and the problem is still the same.

Sirius 09-02-2013 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smick (Post 35534169)
What about hygiene?

What if he's stood in dogs poo and it's now all over the trolley?

Or doesn't that bother you?

Never seen that happen.

Hugh 09-02-2013 05:21

You are not likely to get a reply, as orangebird last posted in May 2009 - currency is all...

Sirius 09-02-2013 05:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35534208)
You are not likely to get a reply, as orangebird last posted in May 2009 - currency is all...

:LOL: someone else up at the crack of dawn