Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Been proven right (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706740)

Arthurgray50@blu 18-08-2018 21:16

Been proven right

I said recently on this forum that there will be price rises as a result of the deal with UKTV.

I have been proved right. Prices are now going up - and customers are correct in complaining, and also planning on leaving VM.

VM simply cannot treat us a money machine.

They are NOT providing us with the entertainment packages that we need.

My broadband service is slow. Yet, CS have stated that it is the speed that we are paying for - and its the top one

I am not prepared to pay such an increase for the service - yes, we have Sky, and have the channels that VM doesn't have - ie SA.

We have the phoine and BB. But, my wages haven't gone up. So l am NOT prepared to bust my household budget because VM are being greedy

Dave42 18-08-2018 21:39

Re: Been proven right

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35960336)
I said recently on this forum that there will be price rises as a result of the deal with UKTV.

I have been proved right. Prices are now going up - and customers are correct in complaining, and also planning on leaving VM.

My broadband service is slow. Yet, CS have stated that it is the speed that we are paying for - and its the top one

I am not prepared to pay such an increase for the service - yes, we have Sky, and have the channels that VM doesn't have - ie SA.

We have the phoine and BB. But, my wages haven't gone up. So l am NOT prepared to bust my household budget because VM are being greedy

prices were going up no matter what happened to UKTV channels as they do every year and not just on VM

Hugh 18-08-2018 21:49

Correlation is not necessary causation.

I went outside earlier and it rained - me going outside didn’t cause the rain (to the best of my knowledge... :D )

MrP 18-08-2018 21:51

Quote:

And when everything else goes up will you not be prepared to pay that either? Unfortunately most prices do rise, including Sky. At least with VM you may be able to negotiate a discount!

RobboEdin 18-08-2018 21:51

...and in their statement, Virgin Media confirmed the increase is not due to the UKTV situation - it was coming despite that.

Mr K 18-08-2018 21:53

The timing isn't coincidence. They wouldn't have dared announce an increase without a UKTV deal.

SnoopZ 18-08-2018 21:53

Quote:

They always go up, and you made this post just to tell everyone the obvious???

Let me tell you the obvious, prices will rise again next year and you will be just as annoying as you always are, i can't say anything stronger unfortunately.....

Chloé Palmas 18-08-2018 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35960343)
Correlation is not necessary causation.

I went outside earlier and it rained - me going outside didn’t cause the rain (to the best of my knowledge... :D )

Oh I dunno, if lightning came down, I could see that God was sending you a message and that it wasn't just co-incidental timing...;)

Mad Max 18-08-2018 22:02

Let's be honest, Arthur is clearly totally bonkers ( along with Mr K ) or VM are paying him to be controversial …………:)

tvtimes 18-08-2018 22:28

Price rises are inevitable - they go up every year and all the paytv and broadband providers do it.
VM's last price was last August, I think? So it is purely coincidental, they just wouldn't have dared announcing a price rise while they were dealing with the loss of UKTV - that really would have been a insult to injury if they had and their retentions agents were getting enough abuse as it was.

RobboEdin 18-08-2018 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35960346)
The timing isn't coincidence. They wouldn't have dared announce an increase without a UKTV deal.

The timing is exactly the same as last year.

Mr K 18-08-2018 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 35960373)
The timing is exactly the same as last year.

Only because VM have had to capitulate to UKTV, so they can announce their price rise on time ! They would have had to delay otherwise.

Dave42 18-08-2018 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35960375)
Only because VM have had to capitulate to UKTV, so they can announce their price rise on time ! They would have had to delay otherwise.

em you don't know that at all could be other way round with UKTV losing £1m a week

Mr K 18-08-2018 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35960376)
em you don't know that at all could be other way round with UKTV losing £1m a week

And VM losing in customers/extra discounts? A deal was done, in both parties interests, particularly needed by VM for their price rise/shareholders.

jfman 19-08-2018 00:38

I thought this might be a thread demonstrating that Virgin has capacity for more than one single HD channel to launch as is a myth perpetuated elsehwhere...