Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Networking (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Belkin router setups (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=36788)

DocDutch 17-10-2005 22:14

Belkin router setups

Can some1 make this a sticky for me please???

following link has all the modem/router, router, access points, ethernet bridge and print server setups ;)

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/tech/issues_more.asp

Thanks,

and hopefully this will make somebody's life easier with the belkin products and wouldnt have to hassle with the tech support lines ;)

daz300 21-04-2007 10:24

Re: Belkin router setup's

hi i think your link is out of date .

i get this

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

zing_deleted 21-04-2007 10:28

Here is a link to the support centre easy enough to find your model from there

Cobbydaler 21-04-2007 10:30

I think this is the link the OP meant...

zing_deleted 21-04-2007 10:34

Well there is links to everything there now so job done :D

mrmistoffelees 24-07-2007 22:33

Can i just add something here had problems since install with my netgear router bought a belkin F5D7230-4

I'm well aware reading through some of the posts on this and other boards with regards to its performance however I have found that there is an option which can block the ICMP ping at the WAN side of the router. If this is left UNTICKED it will drastically improve the speed of the connection.

Sorry if this is old news but thought I would add it all the same !

vivekns007 12-10-2007 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 34358628)
Can i just add something here had problems since install with my netgear router bought a belkin F5D7230-4

I'm well aware reading through some of the posts on this and other boards with regards to its performance however I have found that there is an option which can block the ICMP ping at the WAN side of the router. If this is left UNTICKED it will drastically improve the speed of the connection.

Sorry if this is old news but thought I would add it all the same !

Thnx for update..good update ..
thanx

Pedro1 13-10-2007 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb (Post 34280887)
Well there is links to everything there now so job done :D

LOL..

desperate Rog 01-02-2008 19:50

Hello, I'm new to Windows Vista Premium (ex XP) and to add to my inexperience I bought a Belkin ADSL modem with High Speed Mode Wirless G Router (F5D7633-4). My aim is to connect both my own desktop p.c. and a laptop p.c. to Blueyonder via the wireless network.
I can get my p.c. to see the modem but cannot get an internet connection thro' it. I have contacted Blueyonder to get the settings and also Belkin for further installation help but all remains the same. Am I missing something?:dunce:

Cobbydaler 01-02-2008 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperate Rog (Post 34481256)
Hello, I'm new to Windows Vista Premium (ex XP) and to add to my inexperience I bought a Belkin ADSL modem with High Speed Mode Wirless G Router (F5D7633-4). My aim is to connect both my own desktop p.c. and a laptop p.c. to Blueyonder via the wireless network.
I can get my p.c. to see the modem but cannot get an internet connection thro' it. I have contacted Blueyonder to get the settings and also Belkin for further installation help but all remains the same. Am I missing something?:dunce:

Assuming you are on cable (via the Blueyonder-speak) you need a DSL router to use with your cable modem, not an ADSL modem router.

DocDutch 01-02-2008 22:23

:welcome: Desperate Rog

the unit you have bought is a modem/router... go back to the place you bought it from and get a router.

all belkin routers have a number like F5D*2**uk4
modem routers are F5D*6**uk4A

easy way of finding the right 1 mate.

ow btw the link that I posted was correct in 2005 ;) so yeah that has gone dead

vivekns007 01-02-2008 22:25

Hi desparate
i am vivek
f5d 7633 is adsl router
u r isp is virgin media,gives service from cabel line ,so u have cabel BB serivice..
if u r getting adsl , it will work no problem.. if its cabel.. u have to do some circus to configure..
k let cee.. and its quite lengthy step to configure..cant type all the detils..how to configure..
send me an email , what exactly the situation now..
i will let u know what to do...and id is vivekns007@yahoo.com
or call me..

thanx and regards
vivek

Cobbydaler 01-02-2008 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekns007 (Post 34481357)
Hi desparate
i am vivek
f5d 7633 is adsl router
u r isp is virgin media,gives service from cabel line ,so u have cabel BB serivice..
if u r getting adsl , it will work no problem.. if its cabel.. u have to do some circus to configure..
k let cee.. and its quite lengthy step to configure..cant type all the detils..how to configure..
send me an email , what exactly the situation now..
i will let u know what to do...and id is vivekns007@yahoo.com
or call me..

thanx and regards
vivek

Perhaps it might help if that post was in English? :erm:

vivekns007 01-02-2008 22:43

Sorry.. i was bit hurry..cudnt post clearly..

---------- Post added at 04:13 ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 ----------

;)

Shaun 01-02-2008 23:35

cud u not? :spin: