Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

SnoopZ 16-01-2019 12:48

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Have a read here about write offs, to see what your options are because legally the car is still yours until the claim is settled.

https://www.gocompare.com/press-offi...nce-write-off/

tweetiepooh 18-01-2019 17:14

Bummer - car just chronically failed the MOT - chassis corrosion.

Just put new tyres on it less than 1 month ago and we don't have much cash spare at this time so looking for a replacement (Mondeo size) for a couple of years.

Had hoped it would have lasted another year or so to when mortgage is paid off but there you go.

heero_yuy 18-01-2019 17:28

How extensive is the corrosion? I had the Metro jacking point that had caused corrosion of the floor-pan patched for only £70 locally and that involved removing the "U" channel, welding on a patch and then re-attaching the "U" channel and re-undersealing.

Some simple patching might be quite cheap.

heero_yuy 19-01-2019 10:03

Car needs a new battery. It's getting so weak that the dash lights go off and on when cranking and the computer resets. Still 9 years out of a battery isn't that bad.

denphone 19-01-2019 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35979980)
Car needs a new battery. It's getting so weak that the dash lights go off and on when cranking and the computer resets. Still 9 years out of a battery isn't that bad.

Yes batteries on average tend to on average last about 10 years heero so that ain't bad.

nashville 19-01-2019 11:09

I have just finished tablets for Vertigo which have worked out fine as the dizziness has gone, but I am left with buzzing in my ears , it is worse when the house is quiet, Think it is Tinnitis , any advice please.

Hugh 19-01-2019 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35979986)
I have just finished tablets for Vertigo which have worked out fine as the dizziness has gone, but I am left with buzzing in my ears , it is worse when the house is quiet, Think it is Tinnitis , any advice please.

Couple of ex-colleagues (ex-Royal Signals / ex-RAF) suffer from this, due to wearing headphones for work for 10+years, and they say having music on in the background (can be quite low volume) helps.

nashville 19-01-2019 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35980033)
Couple of ex-colleagues (ex-Royal Signals / ex-RAF) suffer from this, due to wearing headphones for work for 10+years, and they say having music on in the background (can be quite low volume) helps.

Thanks Hugh, it seems to come and go, ;)

SnoopZ 19-01-2019 18:14

There is no cure for Tinnitis i have always had it, usually it doesn't bother me but occasionally it bugs the hell out of me and it takes a day or 2 to settle down, basically i will just wakeup 1 day and it won't be as annoying.

I still never know what triggers it to get worse.

You should go and see your doctor if you have never had it before.

nashville 20-01-2019 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35980055)
There is no cure for Tinnitis i have always had it, usually it doesn't bother me but occasionally it bugs the hell out of me and it takes a day or 2 to settle down, basically i will just wakeup 1 day and it won't be as annoying.

I am due to see the doctor on Monday .

peanut 20-01-2019 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35980055)

Same for me. My main triggers are stress / anxiety, coffee / caffeine, loud noise and also smoking is a major trigger as well.

SnoopZ 20-01-2019 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35980076)
Same for me. My main triggers are stress / anxiety, coffee / caffeine, loud noise and also smoking is a major trigger as well.

Thanks for this, eating too much of the wrong food may also trigger it for me like lots of sweets and chocolate but i am not 100% sure.

nashville 21-01-2019 17:17

I still have boxes of chocolates from Christmas. Might have to watch out,

SnoopZ 21-01-2019 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35980231)
I still have boxes of chocolates from Christmas. Might have to watch out,

Me too, i bought a few tubs of quality street and celebrations when Tesco had them on offer after Christmas!

weenie 22-01-2019 11:10

White van man trying to say the accident was my fault thank goodness for dash cam footage hopefully then it will be clearly seen that it was in fact his own doing!

I hope so as if not I'm £300.00 down for the excess :(

White van man seems to think it will go down as a 50/50