Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Sky MultiRoom - Any installers on here? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33682812)

Tricky 16-11-2011 23:29

Sky MultiRoom - Any installers on here?

I have SKYHD and have been a sky customer since the analog days! I want to get multi room installed but the upstairs bedroom is in a converted loft space and has NO external walls (I.e. the main wall backs onto neighbour, roof is accessible but not at floor level.)

What would happen if I booked Multi room installation?

Martyn 17-11-2011 02:28

Re: Sky MultiRoom - Any installers on here?

they would go up from the room below?

iain_herts 17-11-2011 18:40

once sky turn up he will cancel on the spot if there are no walls to the out side a sky installer will not install if you want it installed find a local independent installer

Tricky 18-11-2011 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by iain_herts (Post 35331650)
once sky turn up he will cancel on the spot if there are no walls to the out side a sky installer will not install if you want it installed find a local independent installer

Suspected that might be the case :-(

thunderlips 24-01-2012 18:43

if you order multiroom and you only got a phone socket downstairs do sky engineers install phone extensions ? or is it down to the home owner ?

iain_herts 24-01-2012 19:13

when i worked for sky at the time we had run any extensions needed but if its not easy to run them we would tell the customer they had to have it done them selfs and i still thinks it still applies

muppetman11 24-01-2012 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderlips (Post 35368640)
if you order multiroom and you only got a phone socket downstairs do sky engineers install phone extensions ? or is it down to the home owner ?

I believe you can now use a wireless phone extender but you would have to purchase it
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000...SIN=B000NJQHL4

Maybe ian_herts could advise I believe he worked as a Sky installer.

pabscars 24-01-2012 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricky (Post 35331286)
I have SKYHD and have been a sky customer since the analog days! I want to get multi room installed but the upstairs bedroom is in a converted loft space and has NO external walls (I.e. the main wall backs onto neighbour, roof is accessible but not at floor level.)

What would happen if I booked Multi room installation?

If you have an xbox 360 you could watch Sky on that in your converted loft space for free I think, and without the hassle of running extra cables.

just a thought

muppetman11 24-01-2012 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabscars (Post 35368693)
If you have an xbox 360 you could watch Sky on that in your converted loft space for free I think, and without the hassle of running extra cables.

just a thought

That's actually a good suggestion , you can use one of your two registered Sky Go devices and it costs you nothing.

pabscars 24-01-2012 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35368697)
That's actually a good suggestion , you can use one of your two registered Sky Go devices and it costs you nothing.

No need to sound so surprised muppetman, I do occasionally have these little sparks of inspiration :D

muppetman11 24-01-2012 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabscars (Post 35368709)
No need to sound so surprised muppetman, I do occasionally have these little sparks of inspiration :D

LOL :D dont doubt you excellent suggestion.

thunderlips 24-01-2012 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by iain_herts (Post 35368669)
when i worked for sky at the time we had run any extensions needed but if its not easy to run them we would tell the customer they had to have it done them selfs and i still thinks it still applies

cheers for that ! on VM at the moment, contract is up and was looking at SKY website, !

Tricky 25-01-2012 20:45

I have found a way to get a cable into the room I need, if I do the main bits would Sky Connect onto my cable if required or am I easier booking an independent to come sort it? Need someone as recent winds have "loosened" the arm with the LMB on so getting some picture breakup on a small breeze now!!!

iain_herts 25-01-2012 21:20

tricky will this be ur first multi room box as at the moment sky will offer you a free extra box which will be a skyHD not a skyHD+ box for £60 set-up or a Sky+HD 1TB for £49 + £60 setup cost.

this option will be cheaper and they will also look as ur dish for you

thunderlips 29-01-2012 00:08

do you get anytime+ box with all boxes from sky like sky hd box and multiroom boxes ?