Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Chris 28-06-2021 23:11

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

There’s no doubt that the later MCU films lose what thin veneer of plausibility the early ones might have had in the way their technology was portrayed. By the time you get to Infinity War/Endgame it’s outright science fiction. But for my money they’re probably truer to the spirit of the comic books for all that. Iron Man might just about have been set in our world. By the time you get to Black Panther, you know this is all somewhere else. From a production perspective though it’s also simpler. Iron Man 2 makes great comedy out of Tony trying to get Pepper to throw him the suit-case while he’s being attacked on the race track in Monaco in IM2, but when Ebony Maw appears in New York at the start of Infinty War there’s really no need, from a production point of view, to spend a lot of time focusing on how Tony gets into the suit. Rather the action demands we just get straight past that and onto the fighting. So the nanotech suit helps drive the story in that sense.

General Maximus 02-07-2021 08:46

I loved that moment and I can even remember commenting on it in this thread all those years ago :). It was so cool. I remember sitting in the cinema, you knew all hell was breaking loose and he walked down the street, tugged the cords on his hoodie and you saw the nano suit start to form. I had the biggest smile on my face and said "**** yeah". Time to kick ass..........

Paul 04-07-2021 22:17

The Tomorrow War - 7/10

Actually turned out to be much better than I was expecting. :)

General Maximus 05-07-2021 12:27

I'll agree with that. The time travelling bit was killing me to start off with but then they explained it so it's all good. I would describe the film as a cross between Starship Troopers and Edge of Tomorrow and on par quality wise with Geostorm/Greenland.

Halcyon 05-07-2021 13:41

A blast back to the early 90's but absolutely loved the concept of the choices we make and the impact it has on our lives in "Sliding Doors".

Damien 06-07-2021 19:40

Rewatched the Grand Budapest Hotel: 9/10. Love this film. It's just as fun and enjoyable as I remember every time I watch it.

General Maximus 07-07-2021 11:03

Infinite: 6/10

A good generic scifi action film along the lines of Altered Carbon. Worth a watch on a rainy Sunday afternoon. I would have been happy seeing it at the cinema

General Maximus 08-07-2021 00:19

Black Widow: 7/10

For some reason I thought this was about her adventures before she joined The Avengers (i.e. a sort of prequel movie) but it isn't. It fits perfects in the MCU and within the timeline. A good quality action movie and where it lacked in scifi glitz and glamour due to the lack of the other adventures it made up for in novel action scenes and different gizzits. It did try in places but it wasn't as humourous as Marvel films normally are.

Still, a welcome addition to the MCU, it has been a long time coming and added some detail and backstory for a main character and you can never have too much of Scarlett Johansson.

There is one post credits scene and it is right at the end of the movie so you'll need to be patient. It is worth waiting for though as it sets something up for the future and if you don't watch this scene you might be scratching your head when it happens and wondering why.

Jaymoss 08-07-2021 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36085536)
Infinite: 6/10

A good generic scifi action film along the lines of Altered Carbon. Worth a watch on a rainy Sunday afternoon. I would have been happy seeing it at the cinema

watched this yesterday and really enjoyed it 8/10 for me

SnoopZ 08-07-2021 12:43

So are we saying 'Tomorrow War' and 'Infinite' are a good watch?

Jaymoss 08-07-2021 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36085658)
So are we saying 'Tomorrow War' and 'Infinite' are a good watch?

I am saying this but accept others views may differ hehehe

SnoopZ 08-07-2021 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36085660)
I am saying this but accept others views may differ hehehe

I'll fire Tomorrow War up later and see how it goes, or watch Loki or Justified.

heero_yuy 08-07-2021 17:43

At the weekend on TV (Download 1080p) Apollo 13.

Rated 7.6 at IMDB

I'd say 8/10. Well executed docu-drama without too much schmaltz. Factually correct and very enjoyable.

SnoopZ 09-07-2021 00:00

Just watched The Tomorrow War and I also really enjoyed it, so a solid 8/10 from me.

Jaymoss 09-07-2021 15:48

Black Widow and it is so good 9 / 10 this is what a Janet Bond 008 movie should look like